Page 97 of 200 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2987
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Can anyone identify all the masks? A few are obvious like Red Hood! But some I have no idea!
    Going line by line
    Robin
    Batgirl and Huntress
    Orphan, Batwoman and "Drake" ???
    Nightwing and Red Hood
    ??? (No idea about the Red Mask, doesn't really look like Flamebird, maybe Katanas classic mask), Black Lightning, Batman, Signal, Katana
    ??? ??? (maybe an old Robin masks ?)

The major ones missing are Spoiler, Catwoman, Batwing and Azrael.
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-19-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Going line by line
    Robin
    Batgirl and Huntress
    Orphan, Batwoman and ??? (maybe an old Robin mask or "Drake" ?)
    Nightwing and Red Hood
    ??? (No idea about the Red Mask, doesn't really look like Flamebird), Black Lightning, Batman, Signal, Katana
    ??? ??? (maybe an old Robin masks ?)

The major ones missing are Spoiler, Catwoman, Batwing and Azrael.
    Red is Manhunter

Edit: Sorry I thought this is a different thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    (continuation)

lol, Donna went just a bit too hard on the boys.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Jason Fabok

"last night I read a "close to final" version of #ThreeJokers Book 1 and I was smiling ear to ear. We went back and made a few more tweaks and changes...and I have to say that Geoff really peels back some incredible layers on Jason Todd, his past and his character. #redhood #joker"

And from the comment section:

Jason Fabok Twitter 2020-07-19.jpg

Jason Fabok

"Updated Batman: Three Jokers cover checklist! We still have the 1:25 and 1:100 covers to reveal. But here are all the main covers and the premium variants. Gotta Collect them all! Call your local comic shop to pre-order today. #batman #joker #dccomics @DCComics"

The main Joker covers were chosen according to the story. The hero covers weren't.

Jason Fabok

"The jokers coincide with the issues they are on the covers of, but the heroes where chosen mostly because I liked the way it looked."

There's also apparently a method to the madness of the premium variant cover order.

source

Someone asked: "Is the idea that the looks for each issue are looks for "that" joker on the main cover? Or just all his looks? Thank you!"

Fabok's answer: "No. There's a method as to how I chose the order, but its loose and I won't talk about it until later"

Lets try

For the first row, you have him holding the crowbar (him killing Robin had an impact), then him as the one behind the Original Red hood, him with a jokerized fish and him with a bomb. All things done by Joker and making him the infamous figure he is. Or maybe... Maybe they're hits in Joker's life as a criminal, his evolution. The first one is the last one of that row. It all starts in Ace Chemicals (for this version, at least) as the former Red Hood, then he starts with his venom, then he starts using bombs, and ends killing someone by hand (Jason).

The second and third row... I can't figure out any pattern. But the third one is interesting. You can see what seems to be a film maker Joker, a photographer Joker, a comedian pre-Joker... and a scarred/burnt Joker with an axe. What the heck.

Edit: Oh, wait.
    The second row, if you look at it a bit too much weird, they all seem to nod to some psychos/madmen in movies. I'm going to bet and say: Hannibal Lecter, Jack from the Shinning, some guy from A Clockwork Orange, and the Joker from Burton's Batman.
    Yeah, honestly, I'm drawing blank with the second row.

Edit 2: ah, right. I know some of those Jokers are meant to be "classic" or "modern" Jokers. But I'm guessing Fabok draw them and grouped them together for certain reason.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-19-2020 at 04:53 PM.

I'm still confused. There are three Jokers - crowbar Joker (Death in the family), receding hairline Joker (?) and peek-a-boo Joker (Killing Joke). Okay.
    And then there are the premium variants. And every variant is one of those three Jokers. Okay.
    But according to the comment by Fabok, the Jokers on the premium variants don't necessarily have to correspond to the Joker on the main cover, right?
    So just because - for example - crowbar Joker is on the main cover, doesn't mean that all of the premium variants Jokers - Red Hood Joker, fishy Joker and bomb Joker - need to be the same Joker as crowbar Joker.

Thus, there's a possibility that Red Hood Joker and crowbar Joker are not the same person?

I'm still confused. There are three Jokers - crowbar Joker (Death in the family), receding hairline Joker (?) and peek-a-boo Joker (Killing Joke). Okay.
    And then there are the premium variants. And every variant is one of those three Jokers. Okay.
    But according to the comment by Fabok, the Jokers on the premium variants don't necessarily have to correspond to the Joker on the main cover, right?
    So just because - for example - crowbar Joker is on the main cover, doesn't mean that all of the premium variants Jokers - Red Hood Joker, fishy Joker and bomb Joker - need to be the same Joker as crowbar Joker.

Thus, there's a possibility that Red Hood Joker and crowbar Joker are not the same person?
    No idea. Honestly, going by what we know, and that the ones that don't have to do with what happens with the book at all are the hero covers, I think only can be sure that the first issue is about Jason, the second one about Bruce, and the third one about Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    No idea. Honestly, going by what we know, and that the ones that don't have to do with what happens with the book at all are the hero covers, I think only can be sure that the first issue is about Jason, the second one about Bruce, and the third one about Barbara.
    Why can we be sure about this? Because of the Joker order on the main covers?

Here are two Batman: The Adventures continue fanarts.

nockuth

sdimo

Kind of funny, that though the white streak is quite popular for the main series for Jason, it only ever appeared on Clayface posing as Jason. Meanwhile, Dini finally gets to put Jason in the DCAU, and actually gives him the white streak.

I do wonder what Jason's overall plan will be in BTAC. We can surmise at least a little bit of Under the Red Hood will happen, but also some key differences. Like no Black Mask to topple and not setting up his own criminal empire in Gotham.

Why can we be sure about this? Because of the Joker order on the main covers?
    Because how thematic those Jokers are.
    Maybe I'm not sure anymore.

The first row can fit pretty well with Jason's story overall. Well, three of them at least. But apparently, the second one has a cover inspired by A Death in the Family (the one with the monocle). I don't know anymore...

The last row has two Jokers that had to do with The Killing Joke: the main cover and one of the variants.

Here's to hoping Jason gets to off the guy that tortured him and blew him up.

Is there some kind of meaning behind the ":33" on the cover? (Or is this supposed to be some strange smiley?)

The number isn't shown on the countdown in Death in the family.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So much for "the incredible layers" that Johns is giving to Jason

“He’s incredibly damaged from the events that have occurred. And he wasn’t exactly on the most steady ground beforehand.”— Geoff Johns

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...50964817600513
    See, this is precisely why seeing Jason wearing an oversized Robin costume in Three Jokers raised red flags for me. It makes evident Fabok and Johns don't see Jason as someone able to grow and move forward from the tragic events of DOTF, but only as someone that is stuck there being defined and possibly obsessed by it.

DC Nation

“Some emotional and physical scars don’t heal. This is a story of how The Joker takes advantage of that.”—@geoffjohns

Batman: Three Jokers #1 by Geoff Johns, @JasonFabok, and @bdanderson13 is on sale August 25.

Jason Fabok

"DC nation showed off a sneak peak at one of our intro pages to Batman: Three Jokers Book 1. The entire story is about the scars we all struggle with...some emotional and some physical. Here's my take on Bruce's physical scars, inspired by the classic image from Alex Ross."

Here's the referenced artwork by Alex Ross:

From the comment section:

Jason Fabok

"[...]Our thought with Three Jokers is that ALL of DC's 85+ year history is up for play. So we were less interested in telling a story that fits with current continuity and instead wanted to tell the best, self contained story as possible.
    [...]
    We think of it as Canon as we believe we are delivering a story that will have impact across the DC universe. But in the end, that's up to DC and the fan response. We wanted it to feel "classic" in the sense that if you pick it up in 20 years, it still feels relevant.
    [...]
    it's one story that takes place is the present."

And this:

Question: "I have a question Mr. Fabok. Do you think with the revealing of these 3 jokers, can inspire to do new Batman stories as consequences of what'll see, for the DC Black Label comics?"

Jason Fabok: "I hope. We end the series with some pretty cool revelations that could lead into other books by either us, or other teams in future years who may want to tackle the threads."