Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
Oh I know you knew boo! Why would an omega level weather manipulator need a sword that creates lightning? It was obvious at that point what the endgame was. I also agree with people being too easily impressed because some of the "feats" were praising was nothing to write home about imo. I wouldn't have mind this story if there was actual buildup to the Marauders issue that would make it sensible. People said the marriage ame out of nowhere but she was literally fighting with alongside the wakandans prior to the xos and all the sudden she is ready to throw away her entire relationships/connections out of thin air? it was contrived mess.

and people are entitled to like what they like but even with today and what she did I haven't seen anything that just makes me wanna stand. when the xoffices show her stop doing basic weather stuff like lightning and wind shows and give me actual goddess feats then I will stan:
I think the purpose of the sword was obvious. The reactions varied. To be fair, Storm literally shocked and stunned Annihilation, the big bad of this event, and the leader and most powerful force in the incoming invasion. (Genesis without the mask is considered more powerful than Apocalypse and this was with the god force mask on). She also managed to hold back the entire first demon wave by herself to buy the XMen time. People were impressed when Storm held back Sinister and the Marauders on her own and this was that on a much larger scale. While it wasn't the most creative use of powers, I would argue that it was an impressive display of raw power on her part. That coupled with her hand to hand defeat of Death, a being who survived for 1000 years in combat, while being drunk and without her powers, and I'm confused as to how it makes one easily impressed.