Page 359 of 449 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 6723
  1. #5371
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    This would have been cool if X-Cutioner didn’t Teleport Away like a coward.

    In this scene Storm said she only Electrocuted the Air around him.

  2. #5372
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    we do need more. xmrn gold and that other xmen story guggs wrote was a missed opportunity.

    one of my favorite space scenes:

    what the heck my top three space moments..



    1.



    2.



    3.


    Loves these Space feat.
    Aww no Solar wind flight.

  3. #5373
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    I don't know how the Brood scan , Galactic Core feat wasn't confirmation enough of Omega status.

  4. #5374
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I don't know how the Brood scan , Galactic Core feat wasn't confirmation enough of Omega status.
    I don't understand how that doesn't show how durable she is as well. Not many bodies can float in space. And if space oulls the air out of your body shouldn't technically storm be able to travel in space unaided. I mean her body adjusts for cold and she could theoretically keep producing her own air and holding it to her body sort of like when she went under water in her solo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  5. #5375
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Man it seems Ro's powers are all over the place. Weather manipulation, energy etc etc, being able to survive in space and what not, hot and cold body adjustment makes me feel bad for how irrelevant Monica is cause minus the weather manipulation she basically has those powers. But like i said before i don't count on these companies to care about non white super heroes but that's a topic for another day, despite what's going on i still don't trust these writers B. idk about yall.

  6. #5376
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Man it seems Ro's powers are all over the place. Weather manipulation, energy etc etc, being able to survive in space and what not, hot and cold body adjustment makes me feel bad for how irrelevant Monica is cause minus the weather manipulation she basically has those powers. But like i said before i don't count on these companies to care about non white super heroes but that's a topic for another day, despite what's going on i still don't trust these writers B. idk about yall.
    It's all the same aspect of her powers. Storm sees her body and the world around her as patterns of energy that she can then scultp to create an innumerable amount of weather phenom. Also it would make sense her powers offer some sort of protection from her own phenoms such as iceman would freeze if he iced up or magma would burn up if she turned into fire and they didn't have natural protections.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  7. #5377
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's all the same aspect of her powers. Storm sees her body and the world around her as patterns of energy that she can then scultp to create an innumerable amount of weather phenom. Also it would make sense her powers offer some sort of protection from her own phenoms such as iceman would freeze if he iced up or magma would burn up if she turned into fire and they didn't have natural protections.
    Huh, never thought about it from that aspect, that is interesting. Comics are pretty vague at showcasing a characters powers and creativity behind the use, I guess consistency is too much to ask.

  8. #5378
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's all the same aspect of her powers. Storm sees her body and the world around her as patterns of energy that she can then scultp to create an innumerable amount of weather phenom. Also it would make sense her powers offer some sort of protection from her own phenoms such as iceman would freeze if he iced up or magma would burn up if she turned into fire and they didn't have natural protections.
    On the topic of Ororo seeing the world as pattern of energy

  9. #5379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On the topic of Ororo seeing the world as pattern of energy
    I want to see this kind of imagery in the MCU. Show what Ororo sees, and the audience will have a visual orgasm and she will go down in cinematic history as the tour de force she is!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  10. #5380
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I want to see this kind of imagery in the MCU. Show what Ororo sees, and the audience will have a visual orgasm and she will go down in cinematic history as the tour de force she is!
    This gave me chills. Could you imagine the others in the MCU just standing back and watching her work in aw. I can't think of a single other weather manipulator in all of media whose powers work close to how hers does. Just the idea in a way she is a reality manipulator of weather, pulling the very strings of the universes existence and commanding them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #5381
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's all the same aspect of her powers. Storm sees her body and the world around her as patterns of energy that she can then scultp to create an innumerable amount of weather phenom. Also it would make sense her powers offer some sort of protection from her own phenoms such as iceman would freeze if he iced up or magma would burn up if she turned into fire and they didn't have natural protections.
    thank you for explaining this. people don't quite understand Orono is not just a weather manipulator but an energy manipulator. she sees the world around her as patterns of energy and natural forces which are hers to command:










    the Scott lobdell stuff I ignore. he didn't understand her powers at all.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #5382
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Loves these Space feat.
    Aww no Solar wind flight.
    the solar wind feat were pretty cool especially the one in her solo that she manipulated on a global level but it just didn't make my top 3 :







    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #5383
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you for explaining this. people don't quite understand Orono is not just a weather manipulator but an energy manipulator. she sees the world around her as patterns of energy and natural forces which are hers to command:










    the Scott lobdell stuff I ignore. he didn't understand her powers at all.
    no problem. always willing to aid another storm supporting in truly trying to understand her uniqueness.

    What i love most about that Emma in Storm's body panel is that it literally shows the energies around her do obey her command but without control. the sculptress side is what let her bends it. I can only imagine from emmas point of view as psychic she was commanding the energies as though she would command another mind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  14. #5384
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    no problem. always willing to aid another storm supporting in truly trying to understand her uniqueness.

    What i love most about that Emma in Storm's body panel is that it literally shows the energies around her do obey her command but without control. the sculptress side is what let her bends it. I can only imagine from emmas point of view as psychic she was commanding the energies as though she would command another mind.
    absolutely! I love how you described her ability as unique. in a medium that is saturated with mutants with abilities such as super strength, flight, telekinesis, telepathy, etc., Ororo's abilities truly set her aside from the rest. I love this about her.

    Just a step further on your analysis, I'm sure that when Ororo sees the world as patterns of energy she also sees people as such as well. how deviating could she be if she so chose to manipulate the internal energies that make up the human body!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-03-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #5385
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I don't know how the Brood scan , Galactic Core feat wasn't confirmation enough of Omega status.
    right? how many instances in her history has she demonstrated she was an omega? the one you mentioned,, roguestorm, Trion feat, manipulating weather on a global scale etc,









    why she the debate on whether she was one or not fueled many battles online in the past im certainly glad Hickman put that discussion to rest.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-03-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •