Page 536 of 594 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 8896
  1. #8026
    Incredible Member jorge17881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's from the Chris Claremont collection MArvel's trying to sell for $200.

    Attachment 101899
    Well...
    Wait, 200$ l hope a diamond is included
    Last edited by jorge17881; 10-30-2020 at 11:13 AM.

  2. #8027
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Oooohhh yeeaaahhh, hahahaha. I swear bruv these boy's at marvel make it easy man, y'all so full of that X kool aid that most y'all are diabetiX hahahahaha see what i did there, I ain't trolling or nothing but man these x office chumps gotta get this work and i got my extando ready. Where BK at, hahahahah yo yall don't even know bro. Yo I'm locked in and studying, hahahahaha boy i'll give credit to those boys they managed to kill the only prominent black couple in comix, made fake lore in terms of wakanda and made my girl Ro have to choose when she doesn't need to do so. Whooo hoooo this Storm story better pay off bruh, cause man I'm enjoying too damn much B. No bias here trust me.
    I'm here boo. I'm just over all the games so I dont make it a point of going off on this site about the xoffices' shenanigans. and i swear people don't read comics. tchalla and ororo relationship wasn't forced but making ororo into a deceitful untrustworthy woman most certainly was forced. I had high hopes that coates writing would set the stage for bigger things for ororo within the larger mu world but of course whenever other creators show better use of her the xoffices have to do everything in their power to circumvent such attempts. but whatever I get to save money and for those who like it the mess that comes from them have at it. but based upon the marauders sell numbers for September it doesn't seem like many are feeling it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #8028
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm here boo. I'm just over all the games so I dont make it a point of going off on this site about the xoffices' shenanigans. and i swear people don't read comics. tchalla and ororo relationship wasn't forced but making ororo into a deceitful untrustworthy woman most certainly was forced. I had high hopes that coates writing would set the stage for bigger things for ororo within the larger mu world but of course whenever other creators show better use of her the xoffices have to do everything in their power to circumvent such attempts. but whatever I get to save money and for those who like it the mess that comes from them have at it. but based upon the marauders sell numbers for September it doesn't seem like many are feeling it.
    I'm surprised that Marauders isn't doing better. While I have my issues with the poor use of the roster (Iceman, Bishop, and especially Pyro) you'd think that a book pushing Emma and Kitty would be doing better. It's definitely a better book than Excalibur, but that run is marketed as the base for X of Swords so I guess that's what's propping up sales.

    X-Force is a better book and has a more marketable name so that checks out. Even New Mutants which is a much weaker book is still doing only slightly worse than Marauders. I think it might be the name for the book instead of the actual content, but it could be a combination of both.

  4. #8029
    Fantastic Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Hahahaha, A we all may be storm fans but doesn't mean we gotta drink from the same fountain (ha inside joke) we all got our differences right. I see bullshizzle i call out bullshizzle, sometimes makes me wonder why the xmen are even apart of the main MU when majority of "big" stories coming out that hut of rehashed narratives have no real effect on other main MU stories. Might as well just be writing fanfiction in a vacuum because it seems this continuity thing isn't working, I'm just super sayin.
    I don't know what you are trying to say, but I'm just going to shrug and walk away.

  5. #8030
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I don't know what you are trying to say, but I'm just going to shrug and walk away.
    I wouldn't expect you to understand bruv.

  6. #8031
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Hahahaha, A we all may be storm fans but doesn't mean we gotta drink from the same fountain (ha inside joke) we all got our differences right. I see bullshizzle i call out bullshizzle, sometimes makes me wonder why the xmen are even apart of the main MU when majority of "big" stories coming out that hut of rehashed narratives have no real effect on other main MU stories. Might as well just be writing fanfiction in a vacuum because it seems this continuity thing isn't working, I'm just super sayin.
    Truthfully the X-office to Marvel would be like the Proud Boys faction of the conservative movement. They are out there and doing their own thing. Its no kind of accident that Storm has been so sorely disrespected just not as much as any other black mutant(especially black males) So much so that they even brought in a black woman to write an episode where Storm was narratively made to crap the dignity of people she would never do in character. As a bonus said writer even was able muddy up BP mythos just a lil bit more for good measure.

  7. #8032
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    19,723

    Default

    preview King of Black 1

  8. #8033
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I wouldn't expect you to understand bruv.
    I get what your saying. Like i'm on the flip, i can't believe some Storm fans want her attached to BP at this point especially after she offered him up to another woman. And then i think and why would people want her linked to Tchalla and then mention a movie that yes made a billion dollars but also went out of its way to not only say, but for a good part of the movie show us anyone else can be Black Panther. I just don't see the net gain for Storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #8034
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    preview King of Black 1
    This looks good!

    You always rise like a phoenix with the preview goodies. Much appreciated.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  10. #8035
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Hahahahaha, we don't do petty over here ma dawg. I'm kickin some common sense hahahaha doesn't matter if it's a comic book or a tv show or video game it's about logical story execution bruv, idc if you don't like Ro and Tchalla as a couple that's irreverent buuuttt when you force drama amongst 2 characters that are known to compromise and think logically well let's just say you don't get whatever the hell Vita did. And well when you got the x office making tchalla look like a goof ball and a prick of course the "black love" angle is thrown out the window but to me it's whatever at this point because i don't expect that from companies like marvel and dc. And yeah you're right, you can enjoy anything your little heart desires friend but guys like me look at things from a grey perspective so yeah take that however you want chief i made my point.
    Well it definitely came across as petty since people who happen to enjoy something are supposedly drinking koolaid and diabetic. And I never said I didn't like Storm and BP as I couple, I actually don't care, but like yours, my point was specifically about the "logical story execution" of their relationship and that's what I haven't liked about the pairing. So this has nothing to do with whether I like them or not. As I said earlier, there were many things forced and manipulated in regards to both their union and demise and I don't feel like marvel has done a good job of handling or executing the relationship (Avengers vs XMen being an all time low for me). Speaking of which, Avengers vs XMen didn't necessarily show Storm and BP as compromising characters, so I can't say that this is what they are known for. You're right I can enjoy whatever I want and you can as well. It's entertainment. That's never a problem. However, I think we should be careful before we label people just for enjoying things we may not be. That's the issue.

  11. #8036
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Hahahaha, A we all may be storm fans but doesn't mean we gotta drink from the same fountain (ha inside joke) we all got our differences right. I see bullshizzle i call out bullshizzle, sometimes makes me wonder why the xmen are even apart of the main MU when majority of "big" stories coming out that hut of rehashed narratives have no real effect on other main MU stories. Might as well just be writing fanfiction in a vacuum because it seems this continuity thing isn't working, I'm just super sayin.
    Even though I'm new to posting, I've been following this forum for a while. I've enjoyed coming here and reading the differing perspectives on Storm's journey and development so that is one hundred percent fine with me. I agree with the continuity thing though and Marvel has had this issue for a while. The disparity between Storm in BP and Storm in the XMen has long illustrated this.

  12. #8037
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm here boo. I'm just over all the games so I dont make it a point of going off on this site about the xoffices' shenanigans. and i swear people don't read comics. tchalla and ororo relationship wasn't forced but making ororo into a deceitful untrustworthy woman most certainly was forced. I had high hopes that coates writing would set the stage for bigger things for ororo within the larger mu world but of course whenever other creators show better use of her the xoffices have to do everything in their power to circumvent such attempts. but whatever I get to save money and for those who like it the mess that comes from them have at it. but based upon the marauders sell numbers for September it doesn't seem like many are feeling it.
    I do read comics and different readers can have different interpretations and it's been proven here on this forum that not everyone believes Storm and BP's pairing was a natural and logical state of affairs. There are different reasons as to why I said it felt forced and manipulated but to come to that conclusion I have to have read the comics in the first place. If we have a different conclusion that's fine.

  13. #8038
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    how you go from true love real love:







    to this fake news forced conflict hot mess:



    hopefully sales for this issue are lower than 12!!!

    #blacklove, #hadariyao4eva
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #8039
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how you go from true love real love:







    to this fake news forced conflict hot mess:



    hopefully sales for this issue are lower than 12!!!

    #blacklove, #hadariyao4eva
    Lol yes the inconsistencies are startling which is why I am not a fan of this couple. If done well and respected consistently by all who handle them I would be fully behind it. But given the factions of the marvel office, the best and most enduring romances tend to be those that are done in house. I'm definitely no fan of the Logan/Storm hot mess, but this may also be why some people react more positively towards it. Due to BP and Storm belong to different branches, their relationship often feels like the office struggles illustrated. It reeks of office relationships and deals. Sometimes the two sides love each other, sometimes they hate each other, sometimes they honor each other, and some time they troll each other. Storm and BP just seem to be collateral damage.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 10-30-2020 at 04:59 PM.

  15. #8040
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Lol yes the inconsistencies are startling which is why I am not a fan of this couple. If done well and respected consistently by all who handle them I would be fully behind it. But given the factions of the marvel office, the best and most enduring romances tend to be those that are done in house. I'm definitely no fan of the Logan/Storm hot mess, but this may also be why some people react more positively towards it. Due to BP and Storm belong to different branches, their relationship often feels like the office struggles illustrated. It reeks of office relationships and deals. Sometimes the two sides love each other, sometimes they hate each other, sometimes they honor each other, and some time they troll each other. Storm and BP just seem to be collateral damage.
    It seemed pretty consistent to me. Doomwar there needed to be a compromise and so storm made it because Wakanda first. AVsX There needed to be a compromise, Tchalla didn't make it, when Cap told him to sit down he took his seat. Looking at it objectively whether people want to say because it is the BP book or not Storm has always been made to fall in line when there was something else Tchalla needed to do. So it's a simple as she had something she needed to do and she expected the same level of understanding when one has a country to save. It wasn't imo some out of left field huge thing, i wish she would have burned the bridge forever to be honest but it goes to show what i've been thinking for a long time. When the shoe is on the other foot and understanding is needed unfortunately usually the female partner gets the short end of the stick. Oh well, them the breaks.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •