Page 563 of 613 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 9190

Lol, Storm did the "Spartan kick" to death.
    Also Storm cussed,even more goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Skybreaker easily shattering Black Bone is the epitome of lazy writing, because for an event that put so much emphasis on the collection of powerful and special swords, it hasn't bothered to even show what makes these swords and the matchups unique. It's almost like the writers can't handle Hickman's elaborate concepts and just decide to do whatever for the sake of moving the story forward.

Last I checked, the name of the sword was Skybreaker, not "Swordbreaker" and it had its own unique powers of being able to shoot lightning or some kind of energy...none of which was used in this issue. You invent a whole artefact from another culture, name it Skybreaker and give it lightning powers, give it to freaking Storm, then depower her and the only thing she does is use it as a mirror one and as a stabbing weapon? Come on now. Let's call BS when BS happens. Even putting my issues with Marauders 14 aside, that's just such a lazy fight for a tournament arc event.

But the context of Marauders 14 actually makes the entire thing worse because according to how Shuri put it, taking Skybreaker from Wakanda would cause "brother to turn against brother" and cause civil unrest in Wakanda. Yet at no point as Storm since then reflect on the fact that to save one people she may have doomed another (again, according to Marauders 14). Considering that Shuri and Ramonda tried to offer her any other sword but she insisted on Skybreaker, I expected a whole lot more than Really Strong Sword #425 (which is not the property of Skybreaker that was talked up and is something any other Wakandan blade can do). That sounds like a writer making out a thing to be more important than it actually really is, which is in itself a microcosm of the problems with this entire event.

A fight to the death vs a Death horseman should have more dramatic weight and tension to it other than a quick stab. You'd think for all the teases of Storm's dynamic with him would have given us a more intense and interesting fight. This matters a lot when we're talking about fights in fiction. It's not about realism: it's about selling the drama. There's no drama in any of these fights, and it feels like a lazy attempt at subverting expectations.
    It was a fight to draw first blood first of all and if Storm had her powers there is not a single member on the other team so far that could beat her. The only one who possibly stands a chance outside of genesis is proably white sword but even then i have no doubt storm would have been able to take out all 100 of his swords while chilling up in the air doing her nails. To me it seems more people are bitter about the slight against wakanda then they are the actual event. It made no sense Tchalla didn't let Storm fight Doom, it made no sense that tchalla was living his life in hell's kitchen while he had a wife but somehow a sword being taken and not being used as people expect is the biggestg travesty ever.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Lol, Storm did the "Spartan kick" to death.
    Also Storm cussed,even more goodies.

I literally stomped my feet at that panel. Our girl is that bitch. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I agree with alot of you that the fight could have been longer and Death could have been shown some true skills.
    But I look at some the other fights they all seem to be cut short and heavily edited.
    Storm could of taking a few blows and cut here there,. But overall great showing. Taking down big name while powerless. Now if she can hurry home and cuddle up with T'Challa.

if she got cut she would have lost. I feel like i'm the only one that read the battle was first to draw blood. if she bled in anyway she would have lost. It says it in the issue of cable where it list the titles of all the events with Apoc vs. Genesis being the 25th and final battle.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    if she got cut she would have lost. I feel like i'm the only one that read the battle was first to draw blood. if she bled in anyway she would have lost. It says it in the issue of cable where it list the titles of all the events with Apoc vs. Genesis being the 25th and final battle.
    Thank you, I was searching for the terms of battle, I assume it was battle to the death deal.

Thank you, I was searching for the terms of battle, I assume it was battle to the death deal.
    No problem. Here is the list of battles.

contest.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

I remember when ppl said Death was gonna kill Storm. I must laugh

BANNED

Sniff Sniff. Ah, it’s good to be back. I see nothings changed. I’m Gone.

Before I go. I must say I’m very surprised at Benjamin Percy’s version of Storm. He wrote her extremely well, I’m baffled really. DoX is being good to Storm. Hmm that’s a first.

I pray they keep this momentum going.
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-19-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Spectacular Member

Technically, it still was though as the blood would no doubt attract the vampires to feast on them. So Storm was still fighting for her life. Death seemed to be fighting like he had nothing to lose and like he wasn't going to lose. Again, that turned out to be his undoing. Perhaps he didn't underestimate Storm but overestimated the effectiveness of the drink that was spiked on Storm's ability and will lol. He, I think, really hoped that she would forfeit. There was a reason he gave that scarab to Mad Jim after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    I must say I’m very surprised at Benjamin Percy’s version of Storm. He wrote her extremely well, I’m baffled really. DoX is being good to Storm. Hmm that’s a first.

I pray they keep this momentum going.
    He did write her extremely well. I think he honestly does better with one character than a team because imo his wolverine is great but his x-force is seriously lacking.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

It was a fight to draw first blood first of all and if Storm had her powers there is not a single member on the other team so far that could beat her. The only one who possibly stands a chance outside of genesis is proably white sword but even then i have no doubt storm would have been able to take out all 100 of his swords while chilling up in the air doing her nails. To me it seems more people are bitter about the slight against wakanda then they are the actual event. It made no sense Tchalla didn't let Storm fight Doom, it made no sense that tchalla was living his life in hell's kitchen while he had a wife but somehow a sword being taken and not being used as people expect is the biggestg travesty ever.
    I do agree with this. For example, in this forum when Skybreaker was revealed, there were complaints that Storm would even have to use Skybreaker as a power enhancer considering that she doesn't need another object to boost her powers. However, in the story, when she actually uses Skybreaker as a sword and nothing else there are complaints that Skybreaker was useless and didn't even need to be wielded by her. Even if the swords were simply used as the only way to be involved in the stakes of the game, that still makes them significant. It's like the difference in having a ticket to go to Beyonce's concert. Some people have to make great sacrifices to get one, while others don't but you still need one to get in. Otherwise you're just watching at home. That makes the tickets significant lol!

Astonishing Member

I think the sooner people realize Skybreaker was made as a plot device to separate Storm from T'Challa and (potentially) set up conflict between Wakanda and Krakoa the easier it is to accept how the story went down. Storm was drunk, went up against a thousand year old warrior, didn't have access to her powers and won in a boring, cliche way. It was fine imo, nothing particularly great because Death never came off as impressive to begin with.

That could've been done with any sword with the structural integrity, it was Skybreaker because it served a very specific purpose bigger than a single fight. So how it fits into the wider story of XoS is irrelevant and probably shouldn't be over analyzed too much. Assuming it's not used by the X-office to create tension with another franchise, it won't be relevant unless they want to give Storm a h2h feat. I'm almost certain it gets retconned by the next Black Panther writer anyway so it's not a big deal for me. Storm hasn't died yet and T'Challa potentially might get a new love interest in King in Black anyway so nothing was lost. Let Storm keep the sword and keep it moving lol.

BANNED

He did write her extremely well. I think he honestly does better with one character than a team because imo his wolverine is great but his x-force is seriously lacking.
    That is a Great Point.

His Wolverine is very enjoyable. I’m not a Fan of Wolverine, but it is a good read. Tbh, if Percy asked to write a Storm solo I would be down for it. Now, as for his X-Force book your right it is a bit lacking, and some characters seem to get way more shine than others. But it’s also a good read as well.

I’m Happy. I like the direction Storm is going.
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-19-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Skybreaker easily shattering Black Bone is the epitome of lazy writing, because for an event that put so much emphasis on the collection of powerful and special swords, it hasn't bothered to even show what makes these swords and the matchups unique. It's almost like the writers can't handle Hickman's elaborate concepts and just decide to do whatever for the sake of moving the story forward.

Last I checked, the name of the sword was Skybreaker, not "Swordbreaker" and it had its own unique powers of being able to shoot lightning or some kind of energy...none of which was used in this issue. You invent a whole artefact from another culture, name it Skybreaker and give it lightning powers, give it to freaking Storm, then depower her and the only thing she does is use it as a mirror one and as a stabbing weapon? Come on now. Let's call BS when BS happens. Even putting my issues with Marauders 14 aside, that's just such a lazy fight for a tournament arc event.

But the context of Marauders 14 actually makes the entire thing worse because according to how Shuri put it, taking Skybreaker from Wakanda would cause "brother to turn against brother" and cause civil unrest in Wakanda. Yet at no point as Storm since then reflect on the fact that to save one people she may have doomed another (again, according to Marauders 14). Considering that Shuri and Ramonda tried to offer her any other sword but she insisted on Skybreaker, I expected a whole lot more than Really Strong Sword #425 (which is not the property of Skybreaker that was talked up and is something any other Wakandan blade can do). That sounds like a writer making out a thing to be more important than it actually really is, which is in itself a microcosm of the problems with this entire event.

A fight to the death vs a Death horseman should have more dramatic weight and tension to it other than a quick stab. You'd think for all the teases of Storm's dynamic with him would have given us a more intense and interesting fight. This matters a lot when we're talking about fights in fiction. It's not about realism: it's about selling the drama. There's no drama in any of these fights, and it feels like a lazy attempt at subverting expectations.
    Its made of special vibranium it should shatter most metals