Page 39 of 613 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast

What's your favorite rare Storm power? I like her hydrokinesis and her control of cosmic phenomena

BANNED

her immense control to cause small effects at the micro level, subtle bad assery is underrated

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What's your favorite rare Storm power? I like her hydrokinesis and her control of cosmic phenomena
    I like when she does the internal manipulation of her opponents insides. removing air from lungs, shutting down brain, freezing blood vessels are things I wish I could see more of but understandably she doesnt do this because she tends to not be bloodlusted.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-22-2020 at 12:12 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You just feel Xavier and Magneto here.
    yup lol.. if I had to choose a side I probably would hsve chosen magneto. turning the cheek gets old after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I remember when Hudlin wrote this issue. I won't lie, it made little sense for the skrulls to take on the image of MLK and X. I did like his nod to the civil rights leaders but them, along with the skrull gangstas made for a strange arc.
    indeed it was strange and seemed very random but it was cute.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I like when she does the internal manipulation of her opponents insides. removing air from lungs, shitting down brain, freezing blood vessels are things I wish I could see more of but understandably she doesn't do this because she tends to not be bloodlusted.
    Hmmm lol on the bold.

Well I would argue that she doesn't need to be bloodlusted to do it. She removed the air from the lungs of the Wakandan soldier, to Scarlet Spider and threatened to do it to Kraven in that horrendous BP in Hell's Kitchen relaunch. And crambled Sinister's brain (knowingit would effectively incapacitate him vs kill him. I think this should definitely be explored more. I'll also like to see more refined and defensive application of her air, pressure and atmospheric electrical & EM energy manipulation (not extra lightning bolts -__-.... but a polarity shield, polarity manipulation, more EMPs, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Hmmm lol on the bold.

Well I would argue that she doesn't need to be bloodlusted to do it. She removed the air from the lungs of the Wakandan soldier, to Scarlet Spider and threatened to do it to Kraven in that horrendous BP in Hell's Kitchen relaunch. And crambled Sinister's brain (knowingit would effectively incapacitate him vs kill him. I think this should definitely be explored more. I'll also like to see more refined and defensive application of her air, pressure and atmospheric electrical & EM energy manipulation (not extra lightning bolts -__-.... but a polarity shield, polarity manipulation, more EMPs, etc).

to your point, I though t the encounter with the soldier and scarlet spider she was bloodlusted if not fiercely angry over them trying to kill nehzno and logans death respectively. I don't recall the kraken issue what happened there when she threatened him?

and the stuff you mentioned should be some of the ish we should be seeing in mauraders considering she is an omega but she been too busy shooting lightning.

BANNED

since her hydrokinesis is canonicaly complex to emulate a face, her ice control is probably refined, far more that just raining ice with wind she can control said ice when its down, turn into water, mist, the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    since her hydrokinesis is canonicaly complex to emulate a face, her ice control is probably refined, far more that just raining ice with wind she can control said ice when its down, turn into water, mist, the whole thing.
    yes. that feat was so sweet. there is no way she shouldnt be doing more with waree in all its variations.

BANNED

bobby is a disapointment anyways, and the x-men dont really have a relevant hydrokinetic(at least that I recall), id kill for some issues of just wind and water

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Storm's showing in today's BP is limited. Coates has spread the issue, focusing a bit on T'Challa while giving Shuri nice page time as general. There's some Manifold and Bast scenes. Shuri and Bast have a great exchange at the beginning, which I loved. I think Shuri has a great showing in this issue.

Here are the pages with Storm. Again, Coates acknowledges her godhood but also her physical limitations. It's a good connection to her exhaustion expressed in the X-Men from her tireless efforts. It's also, IMO, a nice and easy out, so that other characters are spotlighted in the Wakanda war and it isn't about using the Hadari Yao to swoop in and save the day.

82454548_695639007636353_1165768189875847168_n.jpg

82824655_177902343301224_399843639733256192_n.jpg

82953689_627174084720267_6941901678555693056_n.jpg

Storm's showing in today's BP is limited. Coates has spread the issue, focusing a bit on T'Challa while giving Shuri nice page time as general. There's some Manifold and Bast scenes. Shuri and Bast have a great exchange at the beginning, which I loved. I think Shuri has a great showing in this issue.

Here are the pages with Storm. Again, Coates acknowledges her godhood but also her physical limitations. It's a good connection to her exhaustion expressed in the X-Men from her tireless efforts. It's also, IMO, a nice and easy out, so that other characters are spotlighted in the Wakanda war and it isn't about using the Hadari Yao to swoop in and save the day.

I cant wait to read the issue. the images are too small to read but thank you for the synopsis.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I cant wait to read the issue. the images are too small to read but thank you for the synopsis.
    I have no idea how to enlarge the images. Maybe it's small because I took a screenshot from my cell phone of the comic from my Amazon app?? Actually, I thought it was a good issue. Anyone looking for an all BP issue will be disappointed. But I thought Coates did a good job giving different players panel time.

I have no idea how to enlarge the images. Maybe it's small because I took a screenshot from my cell phone of the comic from my Amazon app?? Actually, I thought it was a good issue. Anyone looking for an all BP issue will be disappointed. But I thought Coates did a good job giving different players panel time.
    it's ok no worries. I know some of his fans may have issue with coates writing but I like that he writes tchalla and how all relevant players impact wakanda and not solely tchalla. I could see how some may have issue with that but I dont think it realistic to expect tchalla to do everything on his own. his baby ororo is going to help, his sister will help, and so will other people of power within wakanda. that to me makes sense.

that said I'm glad coates is starting to explain the limitations of her abilities I cant wait to read the issue to see how all of what you said is explained.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-22-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Got an hour until my LCBS opens

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Got an hour until my LCBS opens
    baby I wont be able to go to mine until after 5 my time. today is going to be a mess.