Page 191 of 613 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 9190

TAS Storm is almost as good as Claremont's Storm. She's the second best version of the character(and in a whole different dimension compared to the Fox-Men versions). TAS Apocalypse is still the best version*though if Hickman concentrates on him more, he could easily catch up. TAS Beast is definitely the best version. The movies don't get anyone that correct, not even the stars like Charles, Erik, Logan, or Mystique. Maybe Deadpool's movie version is the best version of DP, but I've never really been into the character to begin with.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Storm from X-men: TAS is my favorite by far. None of the other versions can come close to her. I like TAS Storm even more than I do the movie versions of Storm portrayed by Halle and the other girl.
    100% agreed. I felt like xmen tas was the closest we got to Claremont storm though some of the previous versions before xmen tas felt more claremontian than the later versions of her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I adored her visual design (but not much else mind you) in WaTx-men.
    the eyes, the skin, the cheekbones, the volumous hair, really stunning
    I liked her look with the exception of the hair and nose. her hair seemed like a big puff cloud and didnt appear to have any sort of texture to it. and her nose I dont looked weird to me. as odd as this may sound i think i preferred pryde of the xmen look the best

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    TAS Storm is almost as good as Claremont's Storm. She's the second best version of the character(and in a whole different dimension compared to the Fox-Men versions). TAS Apocalypse is still the best version*though if Hickman concentrates on him more, he could easily catch up. TAS Beast is definitely the best version. The movies don't get anyone that correct, not even the stars like Charles, Erik, Logan, or Mystique. Maybe Deadpool's movie version is the best version of DP, but I've never really been into the character to begin with.

I would agree TAS was pretty good, not Claremont good but the closest thing we have gotten to that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

watXM Storm by far is the least attractive of all. The only time she looked attractive was her intro with the headwrap.
    I hated her head and body shape.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    watXM Storm by far is the least attractive of all. The only time she looked attractive was her intro with the headwrap.
    I definitely liked the headdress version better than her look without it.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-07-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    100% agreed. I felt like xmen tas was the closest we got to Claremont storm though some of the previous versions before xmen tas felt more claremontian than the later versions of her.
    Damning with faint praise!
    The X-Men:Evolution version was at least bolstered by the peek into the future in the finale which showed som course correction from Storms school marm-ish look to something a bit more fitting. Also props for using Tyra Banks as a model for Ororo’s animated looks.

“Pryde of the X-Men” Storm night win just because they didn’t have more than one episode to take her characterization in the wrong direction. And once the had her stand up to Wolvie, they hit the right character beat.

AND they had Mohawk Storm storyline at the ready!

which was your favorite? xmen tas was mine.
    "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friend" and "Pryde of the X-Men". Those shows got me into comics and started my love of Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

“Pryde of the X-Men” Storm night win just because they didn’t have more than one episode to take her characterization in the wrong direction. And once the had her stand up to Wolvie, they hit the right character beat.

Those are Beautiful.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-07-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I've loved Storm in every one of the X-men cartoons. Like many of you X-men TAS is probably my favorite. One of my favorite episodes is Captive Hearts (her battle with Callisto for the leadership of the Morlocks and this is also one of my fav Jean related episodes too).

I also loved her in X-men Evolution. It came out while I was in college and at first I was ticked that Storm and Wolverine were going to be older than Scott and Jean, but I loved this version of Storm. She had a great presence and she was very powerful and strong.

I liked her in Wolverine and the X-men as well. I loved the scene where she blocks Domino's gun fire with wind.

Storm has a great look and her powers are awesome. Who wouldn't want the power to manipulate the weather? She's the OG X-men powerhouse character. I know Polaris was also said to have a lot of power/potential in her first few appearances, but Storm consistently embodied being a 'powerhouse' from her very start.

I would agree TAS was pretty good, not Claremont good but the closest thing we have gotten to that.
    TAS's Storm never quite got the edge that Claremont's did. That is the main difference. TAS Storm never showed off her pick pocket skills like Claremont's would on occassion(the time picking the lock with her mouth is still the greatest scene of all time). She never got to be quite as extreme as Claremont's in terms of violence(like some of her epic knife fights) or grand scale(healing Arkon's planet was a great feat in TAS, greater than Claremont's version in fact, but she never got to the galactic core level), even though she still was presented as a powerhouse consistently. And she never got to X-Treme Storm's level of leadership, especially in terms of political complexity. Still, for a childrens cartoon in the early 90's, TAS Storm is still great.

I never saw that character study sheet before! Man, would have been great to get a few seasons out of that animation studio! Pryde of the X-Men was just a short intro story, but their Storm did get a little arc with Logan over the episode and had some great feats(she even made an elemental bubble in space, something comics Storm hasn't really ever done!). Lots of potential.

RCO059_1584062263.jpg
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-07-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I agree. I hated the aesthetic of both that show (and Evolution, which it is a stylistic descendant of). In WatXM, they gave her this weird crooked nose. Like. No honey. That's not a Nilotic feature... Try again. It was nice to see her diadem back in action after a long absence(in animation appearances), but the cloud treatment of her hair was strange. And she was shorter than Logan! Ugh, the Fox-Men aesthetic really bleed far and wide. I hope the MCU versions are correct again(short Logan, tall Ororo).

Damning with faint praise!
    The X-Men:Evolution version was at least bolstered by the peek into the future in the finale which showed som course correction from Storms school marm-ish look to something a bit more fitting. Also props for using Tyra Banks as a model for Ororo’s animated looks.

oh wow I've never seen that image before of the inspiration behind the cartoon. thank you for sharing!!! also I didnt know Tyra was the template for xmen evolution. you are dropping all sorts of gems today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I've loved Storm in every one of the X-men cartoons. Like many of you X-men TAS is probably my favorite. One of my favorite episodes is Captive Hearts (her battle with Callisto for the leadership of the Morlocks and this is also one of my fav Jean related episodes too).

I also loved her in X-men Evolution. It came out while I was in college and at first I was ticked that Storm and Wolverine were going to be older than Scott and Jean, but I loved this version of Storm. She had a great presence and she was very powerful and strong.

I liked her in Wolverine and the X-men as well. I loved the scene where she blocks Domino's gun fire with wind.

Storm has a great look and her powers are awesome. Who wouldn't want the power to manipulate the weather? She's the OG X-men powerhouse character. I know Polaris was also said to have a lot of power/potential in her first few appearances, but Storm consistently embodied being a 'powerhouse' from her very start.
    she indeed has been shown the powerhouse since her start I just wish this was consistently shown. I had several favorite storm centered episodes but I think my favorites were the savage land episode when sauron took away her control and when she, gambit, and jubilee went to genosha. I also loved how she was introduced jubilee first met the xmen. I've always a fascination with the weather, specifically wind so when i came across ororo as a child i instantly fell in love.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    TAS's Storm never quite got the edge that Claremont's did. That is the main difference. TAS Storm never showed off her pick pocket skills like Claremont's would on occassion(the time picking the lock with her mouth is still the greatest scene of all time). She never got to be quite as extreme as Claremont's in terms of violence(like some of her epic knife fights) or grand scale(healing Arkon's planet was a great feat in TAS, greater than Claremont's version in fact, but she never got to the galactic core level), even though she still was presented as a powerhouse consistently. And she never got to X-Treme Storm's level of leadership, especially in terms of political complexity. Still, for a childrens cartoon in the early 90's, TAS Storm is still great.
    i agree here 100%. that feat of her healing a planet was pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friend" and "Pryde of the X-Men". Those shows got me into comics and started my love of Storm.

Those are Beautiful.
    so you were exposed to those shows before the comics? I think my first exposure to her was the xmen arcade game.

so you were exposed to those shows before the comics? I think my first exposure to her was the xmen arcade game.
    At first, it was Firestar, who I still love but I saw Storm on SAHAF and the use of her powers. I was hooked...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

oh wow I've never seen that image before of the inspiration behind the cartoon. thank you for sharing!!! also I didnt know Tyra was the template for xmen evolution. you are dropping all sorts of gems today!!!
    I can’t find the source to cite at the moment but IIRC it was Tyra Banks for Storm, Charisma Carpenter (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) for Jean, and Chris Klein (“American Pie”) for Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    At first, it was Firestar, who I still love but I saw Storm on SAHAF and the use of her powers. I was hooked...
    I think I had a similar “Amazing Friends” Saturday Morning cartoon experience. I saw Ororo in this clip and the “X-Men Adventure” and “A Firestar is Born” episodes and I was hooked!