Page 483 of 613 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 9190

DO NOT CHECK SPOILER unless you want a really major spoiler for X of Swords.

So basically spoilers:
    they confirm that Storm dies in X of Swords but not forever and that they have really big plans for her, bigger than before. I believe they mean her Godhead and her Mutant powers. I think they will not touch on BP romance and stuff.
    end of spoilers

That is good news, 80% good news at least. We shall find out more about Storm and BP tomorrow, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post

So basically spoilers:
    they confirm that Storm dies in X of Swords but not forever and that they have really big plans for her, bigger than before. I believe they mean her Godhead and her Mutant powers. I think they will not touch on BP romance and stuff.
    end of spoilers

That is good news, 80% good news at least. We shall find out more about Storm and BP tomorrow, I guess.
    Well that's good at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post

So basically spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Interesting. Not the spoiler I heard regarding tomorrow specifically. Is this from a verified source? Or just speculation garnered from the article?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Interesting. Not the spoiler I heard regarding tomorrow specifically. Is this from a verified source? Or just speculation garnered from the article?
    Whats the spoiler then?

Everyone is being vague on here. Some saying the spoiler is bad news and others that its good news.

Also, I didn't read anything about BP, where do people get that they are done w Coates gone?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Also, I didn't read anything about BP, where do people get that they are done w Coates gone?
    Because the X-Office has shown repeated disdain for Storms relationship with Black Panther. Not helping matters is that the rest of the Marvel universe as a whole largely ignores Coates run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Because the X-Office has shown repeated disdain for Storms relationship with Black Panther. Not helping matters is that the rest of the Marvel universe as a whole largely ignores Coates run.
    That include Hickman/Duggan too? It seemed the X office was ignoring them pre HOX (like many other probs), you think they still are?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That XoS spoiler seems too important for "they" to confirm so early in the story...Storm doesn't even have her sword yet and the story has only just started.

I'll believe when I read it, not before.

Edit: although...

With certain avenues not being available...and knowing that she's given major development post XoS...If true, I can definitely envision some form of transcendence occurring that's completely in line with what we know and how her powers might evolve.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-06-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They're still pretty vague on details but they way things are going currently, there is a path that leads to what some Storm fans would fear most.

Me personally, I would welcome it if it happened because it would be a break from the stagnant rut she's been in. Everyone else has done it, why not her.
    I agree. The only true reason i even care about the goddess thing is because it has been hinted time and time and time again and dangled in front of our faces with promises of one day but at the end of the day Storm is an Omega and that in itself is godlike. Also if they are going to make her a full on goddess i personally have always wanted her to be a straight up mutant goddess. At the end of the day the mutants will need deities of their own when the other gods of marvel come knocking and at some point they will. I was hoping the ten sword bearers would form some link with Storm and thus create a mutant pantheon. But whatever happens i either like it or i don't but i won't know until i read but i'm glad there seems to be more coming to read.

Oh and so far i've only read the first issue of simonson run and it's off good start. The very first page of the guy swinging the hammer in space is exactly what i was talking about has been missing from Thor for me. And i like how he clearly called them Norse gods, i know it's a small thing but it makes me think of them as a race of gods or a pantheon rather than an alien species.

Though i am confused on the bill thing, my jaw dropped when odin didn't recognize thor. i was thiking "can he see him" so basically i'm looking forward to continuing. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-06-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree. The only true reason i even care about the goddess thing is because it has been hinted time and time and time again and dangled in front of our faces with promises of one day but at the end of the day Storm is an Omega and that in itself is godlike. Also if they are going to make her a full on goddess i personally have always wanted her to be a straight up mutant goddess. At the end of the day the mutants will need deities of their own when the other gods of marvel come knocking and at some point they will. I was hoping the ten sword bearers would form some link with Storm and thus create a mutant pantheon. But whatever happens i either like it or i don't but i won't know until i read but i'm glad there seems to be more coming to read.

Oh and so far i've only read the first issue of simonson run and it's off good start. The very first page of the guy swinging the hammer in space is exactly what i was talking about has been missing from Thor for me. And i like how he clearly called them Norse gods, i know it's a small thing but it makes me think of them as a race of gods or a pantheon rather than an alien species.

Though i am confused on the bill thing, my jaw dropped when odin didn't recognize thor. i was thiking "can he see him" so basically i'm looking forward to continuing. lol
    I think you are really going to enjoy this arc. This is everything that embodies Thor, his selflessness, his nobility and his godhood.

I imagine Odin was stunned when he summoned his son and another guy shows up with the hammer, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    That include Hickman/Duggan too? It seemed the X office was ignoring them pre HOX (like many other probs), you think they still are?
    I don't know how Hickman is currently writing Storm's relationship with Black Panther (if he is at all), but I am reluctant to say Hickman would have a problem with their relationship. Back when he was writing "Avengers/New Avengers" (after the annulled marriage), Hickman had wanted to depict Storm and Black Panther still secretly meeting and having some sort of a relationship. But I think Marvel initially turned down his request. However, during that "Time Runs Out" storyline, Marvel must have changed their minds, because Hickman later wrote an issue of "New Avengers" where Black Panther spent the night with Storm because he thought the world was about to end, and he wanted to spend his last day with her.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-06-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I don't know how Hickman is currently writing Storm's relationship with Black Panther (if he is at all), but I am reluctant to say Hickman would have a problem with their relationship. Back when he was writing "Avengers/New Avengers" (after the annulled marriage), Hickman had wanted to depict Storm and Black Panther still secretly meeting and having some sort of a relationship. But I think Marvel initially turned down his request. However, during that "Time Runs Out" storyline, Marvel must have changed their minds, because Hickman later wrote an issue of "New Avengers" where Black Panther spent the night with Storm because he thought the world was about to end, and he wanted to spend his last day with her.
    Yeah. I think this is a case of it as simple as being in this new world of Dawn of X we don't want Storm to be tied to someone outside of these books because it limits stories we want to tell with a character that essentially at this point is not welcome on krakoa and it makes sense, beyond being human he is still the king of a nation or at least the figurehead. I'm ready for it to end as well personally. I want to see what they have in store for Storm and i think in this new age of X-men stories with all these new places and all these untold characters we have yet to meet, having to take Storm off the table romantically for a another franchise is a little unfair. At the very least Tchalla has a book where you know Storm can guest star or what not but Storm doesn't have that luxury.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

ohhh not sure if this was posted but was nice to see. Giant size Storm projected for September sales to come in at #10 and the Ales Ross variant edition at #16 the Bartel version was at #22. That would mean Giant Size Storm appeared in the top 25 three times.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

ohhh not sure if this was posted but was nice to see. Giant size Storm projected for September sales to come in at #10 and the Ales Ross variant edition at #16 the Bartel version was at #22. That would mean Giant Size Storm appeared in the top 25 three times.
    I am sorry but I can't pass up this opportunity to be sarcastic because I AM that kind of petty bitch. These numbers are great, but we can't exactly celebrate and say this was a success for Storm. After all, the preview DID feature Fantomex and Monet, so that HAS to be why it sold so well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...HiX-Man did acknowledge the relationship in XM 04, although indirectly.
    Given how Wakanda feels in relation to Krakoa...there is potential for a story to play out via Storm and T'Challa's relationship...an opportunity I don't see HiX-Man throwing away. It's not been formally acknowledged in direct words because, understandably, it's not the right time nor is it the story he and Co. are focusing on at the moment (as I type this I'm fully aware of M13 and what might be revealed there-in, tomorrow.)

I'm perfectly fine either way...once the characters themselves are written respectfully and interestingly. And we probably won't see any relationship development on that front...either way...until XoS concludes. (Sticking it in the midst of an event is neither respectful nor interesting and I would be very judgmental towards Vita's writing capability if they were to go that route.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

any other time I would have been celebrating but now I could seriously give two flying f@cks.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!