Page 553 of 613 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    In this week's Wolverine, Saturnyne set up Wolverine to be drunk and have his power's messed with, implying the same thing will happen to Storm. But we see Death make a deal with Jim Jaspers. I think it's so Storm won't be poisoned, since he's sweet on her.

But I actually would like to see Storm fight drunk. Just image what havok she could wreak with little to know inhibitions...
    Well we know the White Sword only agreed to join this tournament if Death and Famine consented to do him some kind of favor. I think whatever side quest Death is doing with Jaspers may be related to that. Though if he was trying to find a way to reverse the effects of Storm’s drink that’d be interesting. Though it raises the question of how he knew what she’d be drinking.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So after reading the latest issues, I gotta say this is some weird sh1t

Not bad just weird...I'm so confused.

Storm was in every issue this week, which I guess is a good thing.
    It has been intriguingly very weird. Saturnyne definitely has something planned especially after showing Logan what she showed him and the current score tally. It's all definitely a part of her plan for sure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if you have to guess my friend then that is an indication of a problem lol. and the fact she was all over three issues and the traffic here is as it has been i think speaks volumes. nevertheless, since it doesn't seem like we will get any actual feats or good story development im here to save the day by way of Coates:

Storm was not all over three issues but she did make appearances. Considering that none of the fighting directly involved her there was no room for feats. Her challenge was also quickly interrupted due to another event. She does however seem to carry a certain level of importance in the story though as outside of Wolverine, she has drew the most attention from the other side and it seems after Wolverine's stunt Saturnyne may actually have it out for Storm too.

I'm not sure what's happening in this BP picture as it relates to a Storm feat though. I have an idea but for me the illustration isn't clear. If it is what I think it could be then that's pretty cool. If not, then she's just shooting lightning lol. Since they specifically showed her flying first I'm assuming it's my first idea.

Fantastic Member

Sorry didn't add quote

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Well we know the White Sword only agreed to join this tournament if Death and Famine consented to do him some kind of favor. I think whatever side quest Death is doing with Jaspers may be related to that. Though if he was trying to find a way to reverse the effects of Storm’s drink that’d be interesting. Though it raises the question of how he knew what she’d be drinking.
    Wasn't the card that was pulled to select Wolverine and Storm show them both drowning in alcohol? Perhaps, everyone saw the card pulled and it prompted Death to act. Also, I find it interesting that when Death was talking to Redroot about the rest of the Krakoans that he called them weak and almost showed no regard for them which has been the polar opposite to his interactions and conversations about Storm. Also, that coupled with the quote from Apocalypse about love is definitely intriguing.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 11-11-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    In this week's Wolverine, Saturnyne set up Wolverine to be drunk and have his power's messed with, implying the same thing will happen to Storm. But we see Death make a deal with Jim Jaspers. I think it's so Storm won't be poisoned, since he's sweet on her.

But I actually would like to see Storm fight drunk. Just image what havok she could wreak with little to know inhibitions...
    I think that is a good theory. You are probably right and it never crossed my mind. Great catch!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm just here waiting for the good stuff.

And tacos.
    you would be waiting an eternity based upon what we've seen thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    True...so true.
    (^_^) kiss kiss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Since Storm controls wind, lightning, etc., I wonder if she can air fry wings or burgers?

I'm sure she can do it cute like without all the grease u get from a deep fryer.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the issue is so many have become weary of the books.

Being in 3 issues a lot is fine but when does it become consistent? Which is what many want to see.

We have done this dance with so many (so many of COLOR) that we question everything.

Same with those Coates (who just got a movie deal with Oprah today) images.

13 of those shown held a solo, mini or one shot.

Some of those folks have not been seen in years.

And what I view WORST about those images. How many times died Priest or McDuffie or Hudlin or ANYBODY at Marvel try to put that many black folks together and got denied?
    I sincerely have no expectations from the xoffices if I'm being honest. you got some trying to ship her with a guy who can kill you with a gaze without any sort of connection, and others excited by seeing her having a drink off contest lol. if it makes them happy they can enjoy but this character deserves to be on the level of WW and nothing im seeing from these current xstories takes her there. maybe something could will come by the end of it for her I doubt it especially when compared to what coates was trying to do with her. with that I dont expect her to get any solo run anytime soon as if the xoffices wanted to they just would.

and why were denied to do this? really? u give me more and more reasons my friend and I will leave it there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Storm was not all over three issues but she did make appearances. Considering that none of the fighting directly involved her there was no room for feats. Her challenge was also quickly interrupted due to another event. She does however seem to carry a certain level of importance in the story though as outside of Wolverine, she has drew the most attention from the other side and it seems after Wolverine's stunt Saturnyne may actually have it out for Storm too.

I'm not sure what's happening in this BP picture as it relates to a Storm feat though. I have an idea but for me the illustration isn't clear. If it is what I think it could be then that's pretty cool. If not, then she's just shooting lightning lol. Since they specifically showed her flying first I'm assuming it's my first idea.
    considering she wasn't the focus of either issue her presence was still prevelant throughout each issue released today. and im sure she will have some importance but will it be something that pays off for the character that does anything to raise her status within the mU? probably not.

and not sure what's happening but this is the culmination of coates' run where she was revealed to be a literal goddess. I would expect by the end of it she was going to do something pretty impressive.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

considering she wasn't the focus of either issue her presence was still prevelant throughout each issue released today. and im sure she will have some importance but will it be something that pays off for the character that does anything to raise her status within the mU? probably not.
    and not sure what's happening but this is the culmination of coates' run where she was revealed to be a literal goddess. I would expect by the end of it she was going to do something pretty impressive.
    LOL! I find the way you characterize our speculations to be hilarious. I wouldn't say anyone is trying to ship Storm with Death necessarily but that the connection is being fed to us through the narrative so it's just speculation. (sidenote: if Storm is paired with someone who has a death stare and she can survive it and isn't fazed by it, isn't that an impressive feat? LOL!) I also don't know who was excited about the drinking contest (LOL!) but Death's presence and actions in that scene were potentially noteworthy when it comes to Storm's development.

I agree Storm should be on par with WW and it's worth noting that if some of our speculations are correct (which it may not and probably won't be) Storm could have a role defining change that would literally give her much more world significance. She could potentially become the thread the unifies Arrako and Krakoa as well as potentially ruling over a Earth threatening domain. This is part of the reason why the connection between Death and Storm is interesting. They have already made parallels between the two and seem to be setting up some kind of Ying Yang relationship or potentially lasting connection between the two, which may have significant meaning for Krakoa as a whole in the future. This would potentially trump any position she has currently had in the book since Dawn of X thus far. (If not, she would have an 1000+ year old bf? LOL)

Overall, judging what will happen to Storm as far as character development from this story arc is a little premature. Though very delayed, this book is just now really getting off the ground. Outside of Apocalypse, nothing character redefining has really happened for any other character (except Cypher (lol) and Captain Britain, and this was because of their "fights"). Storm picking the death card and the meaning of the death card suggests that it will be character redefining for her too. And it was said that Storm's true focus doesn't really come into play until after this event (yes we heard that before). So, potential is there for this story to be character redefining and important for Storm, all that being said though, like you I have reservations too lol.

if by calm you mean no traffic then you would be correct. she was in three issues. THREE. xoffices big plans manifested into actual stories and its like a ghost town in here.

and you shouldn't incorrectly assume people who are not excited about her thus far underwhelming role in XofS are not for Ro. its quite the opposite.
    Traffic has remained consistent actually, the biggest difference is the thread isn't getting bumped for no reason anymore and there are less multiple posts in a row from same posters, which is good.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Storm just looked stunning in everything this week. Some of my fave panels.

wolvfavepanels.jpgmarafavepanels2.jpgmarafavepanels1.jpg

Also going back to look a marauders i noticed on the page where Saturyne muted all the conversations Storm was threatening Jasper about Doug. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

A few more i loved. Our girl was all over the place with meaningful lines. I also love Bel's design it makes me feel even more Storm looks more like the Arrako mutants than current mutants. Which in my own mind is kind of cool. lol. I wonder what Death face look like.

marafavepanels3.jpgexcalfavepanels2.jpgexcalfavepanels1.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

you would be waiting an eternity based upon what we've seen thus far.
    On Storm or the tacos 'cause I'm really hungry right now.

Maybe these multiple appearance will lead into the big plans for next year. Maybe Storm does get killed and gets resurrected by White Sword. everyone thinks she's dead but she ends up staying on Arakko and helps the mutants that were left behind. Sort of like Remender's Cap story in Dimension Z.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm just looked stunning in everything this week. Some of my fave panels.

wolvfavepanels.jpgmarafavepanels2.jpgmarafavepanels1.jpg

Also going back to look a marauders i noticed on the page where Saturyne muted all the conversations Storm was threatening Jasper about Doug. lol
    Yes she did.

Given how literal the duel cards appear to be playing out I am actually quite intrigued to see Storm's battle and how she ends up on that Death Horse but...going by how they've written the first six (Wolverine vs Summoner was cool, I'll give them that) I'm a bit uneasy and skeptical it will be awesome.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes she did.

Given how literal the duel cards appear to be playing out I am actually quite intrigued to see Storm's battle and how she ends up on that Death Horse but...going by how they've written the first six (Wolverine vs Summoner was cool, I'll give them that) I'm a bit uneasy and skeptical it will be awesome.
    I am just imagining her taking up into the air and unleashing all her majesty and leaving the Arrako mutants in aw. Aside from hardening the water in marauders last issue and her name they have no idea what her abilities are otherwise ol living fire would have been wary of a monsoon. lol. The best part is i like all the characters. Theres not a single character in this entire crossover so far that it like "ugh why are they here" or a feeling of one team having a boot already on the other team neck. I mean even though Arrako is kind of killing it right now. lol They going to need to sweep these rounds soon.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.