Page 585 of 613 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That is not what Duggan said. He said he didn't want to conflict too much with what Coates was doing, which is why he didn't have Storm go punk/mohawk again, as was his intent for her Marauders role. It's professional courtesy since Coates started his story first(or an excuse to sideline Ororo for Emma/Shaw/Kitty), not saying Coates has ultimate authority on the character. And that's from over a year ago. Obviously Vita had no such compulsions.
    Writers can plan together, not a sherlock mistery

Given the fact that Coates hasn't even finished his story from 2018, I don't think productive collaboration was ever an option. His BP isn't even in alignment with Avengers where T'Challa has been chairman the entire time while Coates's was lost in space for 2 years....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

That is not what Duggan said. He said he didn't want to conflict too much with what Coates was doing, which is why he didn't have Storm go punk/mohawk again, as was his intent for her Marauders début. It's professional courtesy since Coates started his story first(or an excuse to sideline Ororo for Emma/Shaw/Kitty), not saying Coates has ultimate authority on the character. And that's from over a year ago. Obviously Vita had no such compulsions.
    Duggan did say that Hickman didn’t have full control of Storm due to the fact they didn’t know Coates Gameplan. And that’s what before the Marauders debut. They just didn’t want to step on his toes. Is what he actually said.

Wait a minute. Duggan wanted Storm to go punk/Mohawk again?

BANNED

Given the fact that Coates hasn't even finished his story from 2018, I don't think productive collaboration was ever an option. His BP isn't even in alignment with Avengers where T'Challa has been chairman the entire time while Coates's was lost in space for 2 years....
    The issues still have to drop, but it is already finished. Also he has the outline for the run all established even before doing the issues.
    It all excuses as the Marauders issue on XOS complete disregard for Coates Black Panther run

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The way Coates writes monthly comics is entirely out of touch with what the current era of X-Men is about. He tends to write 10+ issue arcs with expansive supporting casts that more often than not are several months behind what the rest of the MU is doing. He gets some leeway with his writing of BP and Steve because they (like most prominent Avengers) always exist out of synch with their ensemble appearances due to their solos. His runs are just more insular than normal and make less references to stuff happening outside his books.

But in a time where the X-books are all about synergy and making sure there's a sense of continuity month to month, Coates can't keep up. He'd have Storm in Kenya for half the year struggling to accept her godhead while in Marauders she's liberating Nigerian mutants with not a peep about her struggles. If he gets a Storm solo it'll probably be after Hickman is done with his story and when the X-office gets more lax about continuity.
    to be fair most solo books tend to not always coincide with what is being told in the main books. storm solo for instance didn't really have any real connection to the main stories going on in the main xmen books at that time and none of the stories referencewhat she was doing in her book. Coates for all that he was doing did make reference to storm doing work as a Krakoan.

I also disagree with Coates not being able to keep up. If given a solo, I believe Coates would sync it to whatever is happening in the main books as required by Hickman. Coates pulling adversary into the BP story and doing a deeper dive in Ororo's time outside the xmen during the outback era demonstrates his ability to tell stories that gel with current and past continuity.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Wait a minute. Duggan wanted Storm to go punk/Mohawk again?
    No he made a joke about it. He asked “what does Storm look like 22 issues from now does she have a Mowhawk?”

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    The issues still have to drop, but it is already finished. Also he has the outline for the run all established even before doing the issues.
    It all excuses as the Marauders issue on XOS complete disregard for Coates Black Panther run
    exactly. his issues not dropping were not his fault. the man did a great job with really expanding and exploring wakandan lore. it doesn't seem he wanted or was even obligated to link his vision of the franchise with what was going on in the main avengers books and readers also have to keep in mind his time in space as experienced by those on earth 616 was quite shorter than the time he actually experienced in galactic Wakanda. I think he was there for like 5 years but he had been gone in 616 Wakanda for like 2 weeks or so.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-30-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

In one of the podcasts it made it sound like whatever was happening behind closed scenes the people in the x-office would not have full control of Storm until 2021. People can choose to believe what they want or not but storm was in a book leading, the circumstances were crapped and she was pulled to the BP books. This is the second time this has happened and it always happens when some male prolific black writer somehow wants to attach her to the king of wakanda. Every time they break up she is back to leading x-books though some stints have taken longing than others. Viva la Storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In one of the podcasts it made it sound like whatever was happening behind closed scenes the people in the x-office would not have full control of Storm until 2021. People can choose to believe what they want or not but storm was in a book leading, the circumstances were crapped and she was pulled to the BP books. This is the second time this has happened and it always happens when some male prolific black writer somehow wants to attach her to the king of wakanda. Every time they break up she is back to leading x-books though some stints have taken longing than others. Viva la Storm.
    You mean when the XBooks are doing absolutely nothing with her , which is why she is always available for a BP writer to request her and actually get her. And than Fans rave over her showing outside the XBooks . Than all of a sudden the XBooks have huge plans for her which never amount to anything. And back to Wakanda she goes cause another black writer sees the importance of BP&Storm and what it actually means to the community.
    Build and explore the character and wonder why the XBooks haven't touch on her backstory since clearmont .and are embarrassed that she's doing so well outside the XBooks which is unacceptable to them.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 11-30-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    You mean when the XBooks are doing absolutely nothing with her , which is why she is always available for a BP writer to request her and actually get her. And than Fans rave over her showing outside the XBooks . Than all of a sudden the XBooks have huge plans for her which never amount to anything. And back to Wakanda she goes cause another black writer sees the importance of BP&Storm and what it actually means to the community.
    Build and explore the character and wonder why the XBooks haven't touch on her backstory since clearmont .and our embarrassed that she's doing so well outside the XBooks alwhich is unacceptable to them.
    Xtreme x-men 2003-2004 Storm was suppose to be written in something by claremont Ororo before the Storm released 2005 with her being pulled by the BP office in 2004 with a deal hudlin secured which changed Claremonts plans and pulled her out the x-books. Storm flounders in BP and Xmen after coming off a successful run.

Extraodinary X-men 2016, Storm was leading the x-men again, you may not like the story but i enjoyed it for what it was. Later in 2017 Coates Pulls Storm for his BP run all of a sudden she goes from leading to being back up to kitty. She also had the all Female Xmen and the X-force book before BP team swooped in again. So she was def being used.

So people can keep revising history all the want because it may not have been the Storm they wanted to see but to say she wasn't used is a flat out lie. People were gun shy when whenever they started a run the next BP writer would swoop in and try to use Storm once she was rebuilt again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I prefer to believe in what I know about comics., that writers collaborate all the itime and it isn't a problem.

The marauders XOS issue really made all the talk about Coates having the character even more as bad excuses. They had a fake sword retconning Wakanda story. X-office doesn't care about Coates and Wakanda at all. They igored his work.

Build and explore the character and wonder why the XBooks haven't touch on her backstory since clearmont .and are embarrassed that she's doing so well outside the XBooks which is unacceptable to them.
    Pretty much this. They saw that Storm was having more development on BP book and went there to crap on it te first chance they had.
    Last edited by baxer; 11-30-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    to be fair most solo books tend to not always coincide with what is being told in the main books. storm solo for instance didn't really have any real connection to the main stories going on in the main xmen books at that time and none of the stories referencewhat she was doing in her book. Coates for all that he was doing did make reference to storm doing work as a Krakoan.

I also disagree with Coates not being able to keep up. If given a solo, I believe Coates would sync it to whatever is happening in the main books as required by Hickman. Coates pulling adversary into the BP story and doing a deeper dive in Ororo's time outside the xmen during the outback era demonstrates his ability to tell stories that gel with current and past continuity.
    Pretty much all solos don't coincide with what's happening in that character's ensemble appearances, it's just a matter of how stringent the office in question is with continuity. When Storm got her solo the X-Men were noticeably more lax with that than they are now, where plot points are discussed across multiple books and you don't often see characters appearing all that frequently in a single week or so of comics.

Coates has a tendency to take his character on these season-long epics that often isolate them from the greater MU, so he doesn't strike me as they type that's willing to compromise his story to fit in another man's epic. Maybe I'm wrong and he's a continuity savant who can perfectly weave together a Storm solo taking into account her appearances in books like X-Men and Marauders, but his current work doesn't give me much confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if he were playing the long game and waiting until after Hickman's inevitable Fall of X to do his Storm solo.

T'Challa was gone long enough for Shuri to rebuild Wakanda into a 'second golden age'. He was gone long enough for Krakoa to be founded. In-continuity, it must have been several months, at least, not weeks. And since Coates story still isn't finished and he's not chairperson of the Avengers yet, that story is over 30 issues behind current events.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

This this and all of this! I swear I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone sometimes reading some of these posts here but this post with all of this truth and facts brings peace to my heart that someone gets it! Beautiful post my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I prefer to believe in what I know about comics., that writers collaborate all the itime and it isn't a problem.

The marauders XOS issue really made all the talk about Coates having the character even more as bad excuses. They had a fake sword retconning Wakanda story. X-office doesn't care about Coates and Wakanda at all. They igored his work.

Pretty much this. They saw that Storm was having more development on BP book and went there to crap on it te first chance they had.
    Yes. Coates made her a literal goddess fighting in galactic battles and facing universal threats and the xmen offices give her the title of omega showing her do a few water tricks and needing a lightning sword to be an effective fighter. Oh let's not forget the drunkard woman who us a liar and deceitful. The contrast between Coates and the xmen "bug plans" couldn't be more different.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Pretty much all solos don't coincide with what's happening in that character's ensemble appearances, it's just a matter of how stringent the office in question is with continuity. When Storm got her solo the X-Men were noticeably more lax with that than they are now, where plot points are discussed across multiple books and you don't often see characters appearing all that frequently in a single week or so of comics.

Coates has a tendency to take his character on these season-long epics that often isolate them from the greater MU, so he doesn't strike me as they type that's willing to compromise his story to fit in another man's epic. Maybe I'm wrong and he's a continuity savant who can perfectly weave together a Storm solo taking into account her appearances in books like X-Men and Marauders, but his current work doesn't give me much confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if he were playing the long game and waiting until after Hickman's inevitable Fall of X to do his Storm solo.
    we will see. i don't think a storm solo is happening any time in the near future and if it does I dont believe Coates will be authoring it.