Page 34 of 613 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    OHHH so much truth that AIPT gonna block him LOL
    LMAO that was read and drag.. Its too bad we dont have an editor with the range..

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He was giving his personal preference...Scott. Because that is what he was asked by the interviewer.
    Then he answered questions from readers who (going by the questions chosen) did not specifically reference Storm at all.
    So...what did you really expect?
    And...given the reaction, chances are, any answer he gave pertaining to Storm specifically would have been met with the same single-minded vitriol...because it is never right and never enough.
    Look I get that your thing is playing Devil’s advocate for the X-writers and tbh there are many times that I have agreed with you that the anger and frustration vented towards them for smaller, insignificant slights towards Ororo have been blown out of proportion. This is not one of those times. Even I can’t play middle of the aisle with the fact on a special XMM dedicated to MLK and his leadership for African American freedoms on his national holiday, there wasn’t a single full sentence showing love or appreciation for the X-men’s and quite frankly all of comicdom’s most popular and important African American superhero. A SINGULAR SENTENCE in reference to her importance or tenure as an heroine in general and especially in black communities. No one cares that he loves Scott and Logan, I’m not saying he should’ve said “less” about them. He should’ve however had the mental capacity to acknowledge 1 of the 2 greatest known X-men leaders. When you think X-leaders you think Cyclops and Storm with Xavier as a mentor/teacher, period. That is not up for debate. Everyone knows that. Just how out of touch do you have to be to not realize that she should be mentioned in this article out of all the topics they’ve had?? What’s worse is that the only times outside of claiming her and Cyke “felt like leaders” that she was mentioned was to highlight her failures! That’s when it turned from tactless ignorance to just plain disrespect. You can claim all you want that he “never had the chance” or “was never asked the question” but that’s a poor man’s excuse for what was an obvious, blatant oversight. He found a way to mention everyone from Kitty, to Emma, to Kurt, Logan and Scott in a positive light, reflective of there influence in the X-world. It’s clear now that to him, Storm has none.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 01-20-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    OHHH so much truth that AIPT gonna block him LOL
    Lol let them. The sad thing is I will miss nothing of import from these articles. Half of the reason people read them is to see unreleased art and that’s always posted here anyway so they can kick rocks lmao

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Sorry it even had to be said but damn did it have to be said. What a sham of an article. Jordan D. White is a middle aged, Kitty Pryde fetishist and he needs to be replaced by someone with some bloody sense ASAP. Attachment 91925
    boo I love you so much!!! nothing but truth here! thank you for speaking the garden truths because this needed to be said.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ahhh!
    I understand fully.
    Readers were expecting an article speaking about specific X-Leaders, specifically and instead we were given "X-Leadership: Generally Speaking"

I sympathise, that's really got to suck.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Is Storm about to get kicked again? LOL
    these the big plans they have in store for storm? her getting stumped on?

Look I get that your thing is playing Devil’s advocate for the X-writers and tbh there are many times that I have agreed with you that the anger and frustration vented towards them for smaller, insignificant slights towards Ororo have been blown out of proportion. This is not one of those times. Even I can’t play middle of the aisle with the fact on a special XMM dedicated to MLK and his leadership for African American freedoms on his national holiday, there wasn’t a single full sentence showing love or appreciation for the X-men’s and quite frankly all of comicdom’s most popular and important African American superhero. A SINGULAR SENTENCE in reference to her importance or tenure as an heroine in general and especially in black communities. No one cares that he loves Scott and Logan, I’m not saying he should’ve said “less” about them. He should’ve however had the mental capacity to acknowledge 1 of the 2 greatest known X-men leaders. When you think X-leaders you think Cyclops and Storm with Xavier as a mentor/teacher, period. That is not up for debate. Everyone knows that. Just how out of touch do you have to be to not realize that she should be mentioned in this article out of all the topics they’ve had?? What’s worse is that the only times outside of claiming her and Cyke “felt like leaders” that she was mentioned was to highlight her failures! That’s when it turned from tactless ignorance to just plain disrespect. You can claim all you want that he “never had the chance” or “was never asked the question” but that’s a poor man’s excuse for what was an obvious, blatant oversight. He found a way to mention everyone from Kitty, to Emma, to Kurt, Logan and Scott in a positive light, reflective of there influence in the X-world. It’s clear now that to him, Storm has none.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sorry it even had to be said but damn did it have to be said. What a sham of an article. Jordan D. White is a middle aged, Kitty Pryde fetishist and he needs to be replaced by someone with some bloody sense ASAP. Attachment 91925
    Usually I'll think calling the creators out aren't necessary or the reactions are a bit overblown but this is nothing but truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Usually I'll think calling the creators out aren't necessary or the reactions are a bit overblown but this is nothing but truth.
    I agree.

But I also believe it's a waste of time. I mean how many times have we called the same X-Writers out now??? LOL. And what's changed..............

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I agree.

But I also believe it's a waste of time. I mean how many times have we called the same X-Writers out now??? LOL. And what's changed..............
    you're right. these creative minds are going to do whatever they want despite being called out but baby its sure does feel good to see people call it out for what it is. thos article is why I dont believe ororo will have a greater influence on the xside. if they cant formulate one sentence as to her impact as a leader you think there are truly any significant plans for the character moving forward in the x-franchise? highly doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ahhh!
    I understand fully.
    Readers were expecting an article speaking about specific X-Leaders, specifically and instead we were given "X-Leadership: Generally Speaking"

I sympathise, that's really got to suck.
    Yeah that’s exactly it. I’m really not one to complain just to complain, trust me. But when your article literally states that it’s going to “celebrate leaders of the X-men” in honor of MLK, our most important African American leader, and you don’t give Storm any due? Yeah it’s upsetting to me for sure. I usually hold my tongue but this just seemed wildly inappropriate. Not looking to take shine away from anyone else. Just give Storm what she deserves at least in this instance, damnit! Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Is Storm about to get kicked again? LOL
    I'm not worried about Storm getting the boot. Whoever, the Hell is Storm shocking the crap out of should be the one to worry about.

This looks great.

Yeah that’s exactly it. I’m really not one to complain just to complain, trust me. But when your article literally states that it’s going to “celebrate leaders of the X-men” in honor of MLK, our most important African American leader, and you don’t give Storm any due? Yeah it’s upsetting to me for sure. I usually hold my tongue but this just seemed wildly inappropriate. Not looking to take shine away from anyone else. Just give Storm what she deserves at least in this instance, damnit! Lol
    ororo how long have storms fans been asking for the character to get respect in her own franchise? DOD emma really get more love as a leader than ororo within the article? if that's the case this should hopefully make it clear how the highest creative team feels as it relates to storm.

I'm not worried about Storm getting the boot. Whoever, the Hell is Storm shocking the crap out of should be the one to worry about.

This looks great.
    it actually looks like shes doing everything in her power to stop being stomped on but her face seems to show she cant stop it. I'm sorry curious to see the full panel for this.

Spectacular Member

This looks great.
    Do we think that’s Jeans boot? Maybe a pic from the upcoming comic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    That's not Jean's Boot.

She's not that foolish to try something crazy as such. In fact Jean shouldn't be a consideration really.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    why would jean be stomping on her? lol.

it looks like the foot of those tussisn men who have the power dampeners