Page 38 of 613 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

where was the disrespect in simply stating the truth? its mlk day and several questions were asked relevant to storm yet none of the responses even mentioned her, the premiere black female who was leader of the xmen at a time where there were no female or black led popular superhero teams? there is something odd in that and I would surprised if no one brought it up. having these discussions help for more diversity but it could be a thing they are not interested in the character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where was the disrespect in simply stating the truth? its mlk day and several questions were asked relevant to storm yet none of the responses even mentioned her, the premiere black female who was leader of the xmen at a time where there were no female or black led popular superhero teams? there is something odd in that and I would surprised if no one brought it up. having these discussions help for more diversity but it could be a thing they are not interested in the character.
    not to mention Jordan has been throwing shade imo on characters of color for a while. especially females. or rather let me rephrase i felt it was shade for him to have an intern do the Storm AIPT while he sat in the same room acting like he was too busy for it but he's ready to drop his drawers over a Scott question.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    not to mention Jordan has been throwing shade imo on characters of color for a while. especially females. or rather let me rephrase i felt it was shade for him to have an intern do the Storm AIPT while he sat in the same room acting like he was too busy for it but he's ready to drop his drawers over a Scott question.
    omg teas???? what that was an intern that did storm aipt? I thought it was the editor of mauraders? also when has he thrown shade at other characters of color?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's the thing, we have the right to point out things that we agree or disagree with on either side of the argument.

And everyone doesn't make responsible decisions.
    That's for absolute certain. That'st why the twitterverse is what it is. Enh! Wha' yuh go do?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

omg teas???? what that was an intern that did storm aipt? I thought it was the editor of mauraders? also when has he thrown shade at other characters of color?
    It was the assistant editors that he send to do Storm monday. Jean he send some writers, even one that hates the character.
    We can see what characters he doesn't have familiarity

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's for absolute certain. That'st why the twitterverse is what it is. Enh! Wha' yuh go do?
    I don't go on Twitter at all.

I'm paranoid and I don't want people following me.

I don’t want to derail the thread any longer but Dev and I can just agree to disagree on what we find important to call out. That’s fine. I’m still going to call bs when I see it from the X-office.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't go on Twitter at all.

I'm paranoid and I don't want people following me.
    Lol! That’s probably a smart way to go. A lotta people wilding out there lmaoo

Happy MLK day Storm fans. We thank mlk for fighting and dying so that we can live in a more perfect and tolerant world.

The time Ororo met MLK (skrull)

Happy MLK day Storm fans. We thank mlk for fighting and dying so that we can live in a more perfect and tolerant world.

You just feel Xavier and Magneto here.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I remember when Hudlin wrote this issue. I won't lie, it made little sense for the skrulls to take on the image of MLK and X. I did like his nod to the civil rights leaders but them, along with the skrull gangstas made for a strange arc.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Good points. I always take a "wait-and-see" approach with the X-titles, especially when it comes to Storm. Writers, editors, etc. can say whatever they want about her, but until I see it committed to the comic panels I remain skeptical.

I also would like to see Kymera return and have more of her history/story explored. I want her and Storm to have a positive relationship with one another. I felt their previous dealings with each another were very lackluster/under-whelming. I also think Kymera had a cool look. It wasn't anything over-the-top but it still worked:

The striped panther-avatar was pretty cool too.
    That’s exactly how I’m starting to react just wait rather than get my hopes up. I really feel like they dropped the ball with Kymera and wanted them to explore her a bit more give us an insight into what her powers where and a definite on whom her parents where. I did want her and Storm to interact a bit more as well and the panther was cool which made me think he father was TChalla. Am I the only one who remembered Watcher saying they were going to have powerful children like why didn’t they expunge on that more.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    That’s exactly how I’m starting to react just wait rather than get my hopes up. I really feel like they dropped the ball with Kymera and wanted them to explore her a bit more give us an insight into what her powers where and a definite on whom her parents where. I did want her and Storm to interact a bit more as well and the panther was cool which made me think he father was TChalla. Am I the only one who remembered Watcher saying they were going to have powerful children like why didn’t they expunge on that more.
    Their children where in the "Black to the Future" annual and the 2018 Annual.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I remember when Hudlin wrote this issue. I won't lie, it made little sense for the skrulls to take on the image of MLK and X. I did like his nod to the civil rights leaders but them, along with the skrull gangstas made for a strange arc.
    It was originally a Fantastic Four story, so strange comes with it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    If she does ever come back I really want for her and Storm to have a loving relationship with one another. Storm meeting her own child should have been a bigger deal IMO. I hope T'Challa is her father and would like for her to meet him too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!