Page 383 of 613 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Some more faces from Xtreme Volume six. I swear once you got use to the art change this was some of the best Storm showings in years. Her powers were just so damn grand all throughout.

Move over iceman. lol

Attachment 99620
    Attachment 99621

my fave thing about this volume was how before this storm's powers were described as the strength of her will and body but this whole volume shattered that. It's right after she was in the wheel chair and her legs were still weak but her powers more powerful than ever, as though they were compensating for her weak body.
    See, more low-key water bending.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Why would regular, store bought clothes with a rip in it be made of unstable molecules? And did she use lightning to sweep the clothes off the ground and onto her body? In the panel the clothes are over by the rock on the ground while she is up in the air.

To be more precise it was the outfit she was wearing when her and gambit were going undercover. Though i guess the wig could be unstable molecules too.

Attachment 99619

Though it still wouldn't explain them being next to the rock in the first panel while she was flying over the center of the water unless she somehow teleported the unstable molecules onto her body with lightning which is kind of cool.
    I just figured in a Superhero world where one has unstable molecules one would never leave home without it especially if I can switch from incognito to cape hero.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So her unstable molecules outfit was near by and zap on the two piece. Got yea.
    No, this is a regular out.

She created a new outfit using electron manipulation with lightning. Matter manipulation is an application of electron manipulation, which is a sub power of electricity manipulation

I just figured in a Superhero world where one has unstable molecules one would never leave home without it especially if I can switch from incognito to cape hero.
    You would think that would be a logical thing to do. Especially considering Storm's ability to manipulate unstable molecules but most of the time writers forget about them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

or...Claremont just made boo-boo. It wouldn't be the first nor the last "no-prize" moment. Storm cannot create matter out of nothing but electrons. She's not Molecule Man.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-10-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    or...Claremont just made boo-boo. It wouldn't be the first nor the last.
    A boo-boo he's done multiple times over multiple years...? lol

Hell, even Scott Lobdell and Davis had her doing it

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A boo-boo he's done multiple times over multiple years...? lol

Hell, even Scott Lobdell and Davis had her doing it
    Even some storm fans just can't let our girl be great.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She's great.
    She's not omnipotent.

She was naked when she did that feat.
    You all are saying she used lightning to change the water droplets into a dark purple swimsuit with metal accessories?

Yeah...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-10-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's great.
    She's not omnipotent.

She was naked when she did that feat.
    You all are saying she used lightning to change the water droplets into a dark purple swimsuit with metal accessories?

Yeah...
    I don't think anyone said she was Omnipotent. We're just pointing out an odd ability that should be looked more into. She manipulates molecules/atoms like a high level telekinetic. Hell, now that I think about it, I think she did it even before Jean Grey.

Now if you feel like she is Omnipotent, hey more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You would think that would be a logical thing to do. Especially considering Storm's ability to manipulate unstable molecules but most of the time writers forget about them.
    Just reread her current solo, she changes from an ensemble that look like it came from uptown chic in to costume. And every issue after that she just goes from outfit to costume almost on command without showing the switch. From running to the subway, jumping out the plane. And hiding amongst the crowd.
    I just assume that uniform gets mileage.

Just reread her current solo, she changes from an ensemble that look like it came from uptown chic in to costume. And every issue after that she just goes from outfit to costume almost on command without showing the switch. From running to the subway, jumping out the plane. And hiding amongst the crowd.
    I just assume that uniform gets mileage.
    Again, it's such an odd ability. What kills me, she is very detailed with it.

y'all still talking about Storm knitting outfits? lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

wait are we seriously debating if she can manipulate molecules to change her clothes????

and just so we are clear she had to take those molecules from somewhere else. she didn't create the outfit out of thin air.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-10-2020 at 10:12 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm LEWKS continue...

Last edited by Thirteen; 08-10-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is probably one of my fwves as she created her clothes from nothing lol

The no-prize explanation of the clothes out of "nowhere" feat there is that Storm is wearing an item of apparel (perhaps intimate) that isn't apparent in those panels. Hey! Theres even earrings to work with.

The manipulation of her costume/clothing's unstable molecules, usually via lightning, was an oft used ability in her early days. It was her version of Superman's telephone booth.

It's listed in her OHTMU entries...