Page 287 of 379 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 5685
  1. #4291
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The most respected leader? I dont think anyone can definitively say; however, this demonstrates that she is respected by those on Krakoa:



    I would probably say Xavier is the most respected leader as it was his vision and dream that resulted in the creation of Krakoa as a mutant nation.
    I guess I should clarify, its field leader as the topic was brought up in relation to the Commander role. Xavier's never been much of a leader on the field.

  2. #4292
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I was watching the 1973 vampire film Ganja and Hess, and I was introduced to the actress Marlene Clark. She's absolutely stunning. I kept starring at her because she looked so familiar. Then I realized, she looks almost exactly like Dave Cockrum's rendition of Storm. The resemblance is pretty unmistakable. Maybe I'm just late, but that can't be a coincidence, can it?
    Attachment 98315 Attachment 98316 Attachment 98317


    Somewhat back on topic;
    Upon her inevitable ascension, how does one venerate the Storm Goddess? What goes on her alter? Rubies? Switchblades?
    I guess the overall question I'm asking is what items do you associate the most with Storm and her story?

    I would say her diadem would be her symbol used to venerate her.


    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #4293
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess I should clarify, its field leader as the topic was brought up in relation to the Commander role. Xavier's never been much of a leader on the field.
    oh I misunderstood. I would say yes. I mean she led the xmen into battle many of times without her powers and the team prevailed. I dont think cyclops as respected as he is can say that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #4294
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess I should clarify, its field leader as the topic was brought up in relation to the Commander role. Xavier's never been much of a leader on the field.
    Yes. I would wager people would follow Storm into Battle than they would Scott.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-02-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  5. #4295
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess I should clarify, its field leader as the topic was brought up in relation to the Commander role. Xavier's never been much of a leader on the field.
    It's never a competition but...Yes, she is. In her own right.
    Both among the many field leaders (of different teams) and field leader of the X-Men premier team. This is indisputable. Her long-standing role as a top tier X-Man and her experience speak to just how much respect she garners.

    I disagree with Yogababe, though. I do think she's being written respectably enough...is it Claremont-level attention where she's the point of focus of the story-arcs, doing great and wondrous feats and having character development? No. (at least not yet...GSXM:Storm is coming up) But HiX-Man is not Claremont and she can't be, in this instance, because the focal point of HiX-Man's X-Men is Krakoa. ALL of Krakoa...not just one or a few mutants living on Krakoa.

    With Marauders, specifically Gerry Duggan's focal point is Kate Pryde. As with any and every x-writer, that's his choice...and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-02-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  6. #4296
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,980

    Default

    The rational for the opposition is that alot of villians respect Scott more like Sinister, Apocalypse and Exodus but my thought was that alot of X-men dont like or respect Scott so it kind of evens out.

  7. #4297
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The rational for the opposition is that alot of villians respect Scott more like Sinister, Apocalypse and Exodus but my thought was that alot of X-men dont like or respect Scott so it kind of evens out.
    What makes you say/believe that a lot of X-men don't like or respect Scott? Not that one is indicative of the other.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  8. #4298
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,937

    Default

    Damn, people always got a problem with Storm.

    Let the WOMAN be
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  9. #4299
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What makes you say/believe that a lot of X-men don't like or respect Scott? Not that one is indicative of the other.
    We had a whole era where that was a thing. Even after he was brought back, there was still some tension adn signs of that with some. I do think that the bulk of the X-men if polled, would view Storm more favorably

  10. #4300
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We had a whole era where that was a thing. Even after he was brought back, there was still some tension adn signs of that with some. I do think that the bulk of the X-men if polled, would view Storm more favorably
    Hmmm.

    I can see how certain decisions Scott made as X-Leader would not find favour with some (the Maddie, Xavier incidents) but the same can be said of Storm (the Callisto, Marrow incidents) for obviously different reasons.
    And while both have had instances where their leadership has been considered "questionable", each having his and her own "cross to bear", it does not mean that neither isn't worthy of respect or is highly respected by their peers. Far from it.

    I would say regardless of what has transpired in the past...as it stands now, on Krakoa, both are highly respected and yes, liked ( I would say even loved) and appreciated for what they've brought to Krakoa's table and what they mean to Mutants in general.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  11. #4301
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The most respected leader? I dont think anyone can definitively say; however, this demonstrates that she is respected by those on Krakoa:



    I would probably say Xavier is the most respected leader as it was his vision and dream that resulted in the creation of Krakoa as a mutant nation.
    For some reason, I dislike how Storm calls them all brothers and sisters. It feels a bit too Brotherhood type of vibe than X-Men one.

  12. #4302
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    For some reason, I dislike how Storm calls them all brothers and sisters. It feels a bit too Brotherhood type of vibe than X-Men one.
    She's been calling the X-men her brothers and sisters since the Claremont days

  13. #4303
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    For some reason, I dislike how Storm calls them all brothers and sisters. It feels a bit too Brotherhood type of vibe than X-Men one.
    I just see it as her trying to emphasize the whole idea they are all family and connected. it makes for a more unified nation.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #4304
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, Storm has whupped Mystique, Shaw, Emma, Apocalypse, Magneto, Sinister, and maybe even Exodus(off screen in that Carey/Bachelo issue?)'s butts before, and is super close with Xavier, Jean, and Kurt, so in a way, she would be the most respected leader on Krakoa, but I don't think the narrative has displayed that at all recently. She should be, she certainly could be, but she really hasn't been that kind of leader since Claremont's X-Treme/XSE era.
    Exodus?????

  15. #4305
    Fantastic Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, Storm has whupped Mystique, Shaw, Emma, Apocalypse, Magneto, Sinister, and maybe even Exodus(off screen in that Carey/Bachelo issue?)'s butts before, and is super close with Xavier, Jean, and Kurt, so in a way, she would be the most respected leader on Krakoa, but I don't think the narrative has displayed that at all recently. She should be, she certainly could be, but she really hasn't been that kind of leader since Claremont's X-Treme/XSE era.
    Maybe?!? Offscreen?!? You know that doesn't count

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •