Page 448 of 613 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 9190

I thing writing female characters isn't his strong suit. He managed okay with Sue and Val, but none of the women in his Avengers works were very compelling, not even his own OCs. Is he a full on misogynist? I can't say, but the Black Swan cult comprised of all females serving God Emperor Doom through time and space was all his idea.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I know a lot of people here feel like there wasn't enough ororo or her kicking ass and taking names but personally I loved it. The whole giant size x-men issues (apart from nightcrawler and magneto which just felt like fillers and don't understand why they were needed) felt like a love letter to storm. Storm is dying and all the x-men got together and put their rivalry, jean and emma and fantomex with everyone, aside to save her. Storm has always been the leader, heart of the x-men as well as their emotional backbone. She's the reason why the x-men are still standing and haven't disintegrated. She's always been there to support her teammates and friends through they tough times and these last few years she took hit after hit; AvsX, her disastrous divorce from t'challa, uncanny x-force, logan dying, her daughter from a future timeline coming and leaving her, IvsX and the terrigent mist and kitty death without ever taking a break and we saw how much of a toll it took on her but nevertheless she persisted without asking for anything. She hasn't been well for a while emotionally and the machine virus was the final hit. Finally all the X-men realised storm isn't okay and they band together to help her, a well deserved role reversal. Even the jean & emma issue wasn't really about them but about ororo. Ororo was allowed to be vulnerable and angry, something she wasn't allowed to be publicly for a long time since she's the glue that holds them all together. So her taking a break and being the one needing help and being rescued felt refreshing for a change. As for ororo not having more action fight and some new power manifesting in the final issue, considering she was just dying a few moments ago I think its okay if she didn't crack the heavens open and parted the red sea.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I thing writing female characters isn't his strong suit. He managed okay with Sue and Val, but none of the women in his Avengers works were very compelling, not even his own OCs. Is he a full on misogynist? I can't say, but the Black Swan cult comprised of all females serving God Emperor Doom through time and space was all his idea.

Well to be fair a lot of the avengers aren't really compelling especially in avengers team books (idk why that is tho) and having an all women cult serving a male god isn't that just s nunnery? Kidding but it isn't problematic or sexist per say, it's all about the delivery and how its written I think that makes it or break it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidNaka...62660043808771

not sure what this is about but looks promising.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidNaka...62660043808771

not sure what this is about but looks promising.
    Thanks for sharing. Someone commented they hoped it was a Storm solo and he said he would love to do a Storm solo but that's not what's happening. Well, at least not for him.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-18-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Someone commented they hoped it was a Storm solo and he said he would love to do a Storm solo but that's not what's happening. Well, at least not for him.
    no worries boo! yes I saw that its not a storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    lol yeah i'm the guy. I remember i had another forum member on twitter who was from here. I think his name was monroe but I never see him on here anymore

lololol I dont know the munroe poster. but I'm glad I know who ur now
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

the sales on giant size storm are strong, so many reports of sold out copies at stores and it's at the top of comixollogy

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the sales on giant size storm are strong, so many reports of sold out copies at stores and it's at the top of comixollogy
    i'm gonna have to find a comic store so I can get mine

marvel

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    marvel
    awesome of course storm wins. the logic here makes sense.

Wow, very epic, I love that image (see above) so much. It truly capture Storm's "energy". (three) it earned such high coolness
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Wow, very epic, I love that image (see above) so much. It truly capture Storm's "energy". (three) it earned such high coolness
    yea its a pretty nice image. thats clearly not her sword though because the wakandan one is much smaller.

Astonishing Member

yea its a pretty nice image. thats clearly not her sword though because the wakandan one is much smaller.
    Is it possible that when Storm's powers interacts with the sword it transforms into something more elemental? It has a similar hilt and color scheme as the Wakandan sword so I'm thinking they're related if not the same thing. Plus as we saw in those images for Marauders #13, the sword can project lightning-like energy.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-19-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

That hurts my spine