Page 424 of 613 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The last two decades have definitely eroded her pop cultural influence. Hard to believe she beat WW in a pure, democratic popularity contest back in the 90's. The Fox-men films did her no favors, even if Halle has some relevance, the role was just underwritten. The MCU has elevated far more obscure characters, though.
    exactly. if this wss pre foxmen I would agree but that simply is not the case now. marvel is going to have to invest in the xmen as much as they did the avengers before one could make a claim that all kids know her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they tried it with captain marvel too.
    The worst push they've ever done. She was universally panned lol. Oh and I told you i'd see you back on the forum lol. We were in the same thread on twitter regarding Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont feel Jean ever got that type of push
    She did especially when she got her own movie

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The last two decades have definitely eroded her pop cultural influence. Hard to believe she beat WW in a pure, democratic popularity contest back in the 90's. The Fox-men films did her no favors, even if Halle has some relevance, the role was just underwritten. The MCU has elevated far more obscure characters, though.
    I feel it may have been rewritten with less focus on her because of Angela and Janet turning down the roles. Halle literally was their last option.

A sh-t ton of Black Panther comics are free on Comixology right now. Im posting that here bc that includes many key Storm issues:

https://www.comixology.com/search/it...kiVvaxNRTYSQg0

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    She did especially when she got her own movie
    No she didnt. Jean nor any of the X-men was being pushed as the face of Marvel last year. In the books, 2019 was the worst year for in a while as her exposure decreased dramatically and she had little to no media push in the cartoons and videogames. Marvel itself was not really heavy on the promotion of Dark Phoenix as that was carryover from Fox that they had not fully embraced. I dont know how anyone can look at 2019 and think that was Marvel's attempt to make Jean into their version of Wonder Woman
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-05-2020 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

Another question related to "X-Men" (2000):

I rewatched the brilliant scene "Storm vs Toad" and I noticed:

After "rising" herself from the elevator, Storm generates a soft wind that starts pushing some objects away, but Toad manages to walk and "hold on" against the wind.
    We can see electricity from Storm's eyes and - at a certain point - a stream of wind lifts Toad in the air and pushes him towards a window.
    Is it me, or the wind was not so much powerful, and Storm channeled the stream of air only on her target (Toad), because we can see Toad flying away, but not so many objects and things around him.
    Am I right or wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Another question related to "X-Men" (2000):

I rewatched the brilliant scene "Storm vs Toad" and I noticed:

After "rising" herself from the elevator, Storm generates a soft wind that starts pushing some objects away, but Toad manages to walk and "hold on" against the wind.
    We can see electricity from Storm's eyes and - at a certain point - a stream of wind lifts Toad in the air and pushes him towards a window.
    Is it me, or the wind was not so much powerful, and Storm channeled the stream of air only on her target (Toad), because we can see Toad flying away, but not so many objects and things around him.
    Am I right or wrong?
    fox-men movies did not age very well, when the first one came out I was ecstatic but now I just find them kinda lame and a lot of scenes regarding powers usage do not make a lot of sense, can't wait for marvel studios take on Storm to come out and wash away the stale taste they left.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

A W.I.P for something i want to see. Storm and the two psylockes.

stormpsylockes.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I saw that the Chadwick was mentioned as well and his passing, but I don't see anything mentioned for another legendary voice actor who passed away as well, with Chadwick... he used to voice Cyclops in 90s TAS series.

Norm Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I saw that the Chadwick was mentioned as well and his passing, but I don't see anything mentioned for another legendary voice actor who passed away as well, with Chadwick... he used to voice Cyclops in 90s TAS series.

Norm Spencer.
    I heard of his death too. But yes Chadwick Death is the spotlight of the two.

I landed in the top 10% in the recent Storm ranking event!

I landed in the top 10% in the recent Storm ranking event!
    that's awesome!

I found this awesome video in X of Swords, Storm is definitely playing an important role for the story, since she is in almost each cover...

I found this awesome video in X of Swords, Storm is definitely playing an important role for the story, since she is in almost each cover...

Ooohhhh.
    That was an awesome trailer on its own.
    But rewatching it just for Storm does feed the ego.

A sh-t ton of Black Panther comics are free on Comixology right now. Im posting that here bc that includes many key Storm issues:

https://www.comixology.com/search/it...kiVvaxNRTYSQg0

No she didnt. Jean nor any of the X-men was being pushed as the face of Marvel last year. In the books, 2019 was the worst year for in a while as her exposure decreased dramatically and she had little to no media push in the cartoons and videogames. Marvel itself was not really heavy on the promotion of Dark Phoenix as that was carryover from Fox that they had not fully embraced. I dont know how anyone can look at 2019 and think that was Marvel's attempt to make Jean into their version of Wonder Woman
    I never said Jean or any X-Men was being pushed as the face of Marvel. I didn't say Dark Phoenix was the part where they tried to make her. I simply said she even got her own movie. Look at all the X-Men movies. Jean was definitely portrayed to be the all mighty and to me that's Marvel's attempt at least in hollywood

IDK why i'm feeling Storm is going to turn over a new leaf like she's gonna become some sort of vigilante or that she's not gonna be on a good or bad side. I feel like she's gonna be her own thing the way she wants with no regard for how anybody feels about it. Maybe i'm just thinking too much. That card that Emma read with Storm's face on it gave me that kind of vibe.

BANNED

thats not storm, thats the mystery woman