Page 579 of 613 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9190

I will eat a hat if coates is writing the storm solo. I don't think it's happening. None of his books are sellers, he has hardly been what marvel pimped him to be and his cap and bp levels are below what past writers have done not to mention as mentioned before 3 years and there is barely any books 3 years and he has effectively only really done two stories for bp. but this is the last time i will mention it because im pretty positive he won't get the book if there is one and personally i rather there not be one than him writing it. So either way the book won't matter to me if he's on it. lol

Some clearly are feats over story but either way i will read the book for free and it will be the only dox or rox trade or hard cover i don't get if he writing but thats my personal choice.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-28-2020 at 05:21 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And if anyone at marvel reads this thread if in the discussion a black person is being looked at to write Storm can it please be vita or a woman of color. Please and thank you.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And if anyone at marvel reads this thread if in the discussion a black person is being looked at to write Storm can it please be vita or a woman of color. Please and thank you.
    *continues prayer*

...but like-gender/race is not an absolutely necessity. Just make them a really, really good writer who can bring a three-dimensional and balanced approach to her character development and her powerset while leaving any personal agendas at the door. Just fresh, interesting, engaging stories, that's all I ask.
    Oh...and Pepe Larraz on art.
    ...Amen.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    *continues prayer*

...but like-gender/race is not an absolutely necessity. Just make them a really, really good writer who can bring a three-dimensional and balanced approach to her character development and her powerset while leaving any personal agendas at the door. Just fresh, interesting, engaging stories, that's all I ask.
    ...Amen.
    And the church says Amen. Now brothers and sisters join the Storm choir in a rendition of *Amazing Grace*
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    *continues prayer*

...Amen.
    Pepe Larraz art is fantastic. However, if I am praying for perfection, Russel Dauterman is it for me. His Storm is simply breathtaking.

I will eat a hat if coates is writing the storm solo. I don't think it's happening. None of his books are sellers, he has hardly been what marvel pimped him to be and his cap and bp levels are below what past writers have done not to mention as mentioned before 3 years and there is barely any books 3 years and he has effectively only really done two stories for bp. but this is the last time i will mention it because im pretty positive he won't get the book if there is one and personally i rather there not be one than him writing it. So either way the book won't matter to me if he's on it. lol

Some clearly are feats over story but either way i will read the book for free and it will be the only dox or rox trade or hard cover i don't get if he writing but thats my personal choice.
    Preach!! I will take character development over feats any day of the week.

I also agree that I don't think Coates will get a Storm solo. While he is a great writer, comics just isn't his genre.

BANNED

Coates Captain America is doing OK. I mean it’s making top 50. But that could just be because it’s Captain America LOL

Coates is going to write her Solo. I do pray that I’m wrong, but I think it’s happening.
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-28-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Preach!! I will take character development over feats any day of the week.

I also agree that I don't think Coates will get a Storm solo. While he is a great writer, comics just isn't his genre.
    I haven't read his outside stuff but i know he can't write comics. Coates has storm do a few things in a few panels over a course of 3 years and people stanning and ready to throw him a third solo when he wasn't competent on the other two imo. It don't even make no sense. All for goddess weather. um... skips me with that.

Dautterman would also be the perfect choice. Or a switch off each does arcs and when one is doing the arc the other does the covers and vice versa.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Coates Captain America is doing OK. I mean it’s making top 50. But that could just because it’s Captain America LOL
    Coates Captain America comic may be doing ok but Coates Captain America is a supporting character in his own book. It's been more about Sharon and Peggy Carter and throw in the Daughters of Liberty.

They've actually been pretty good although I think Coates was trying to re-capture that Ed Brubaker's shock moment when he brought back Peggy but it didn't have the same impact as bringing back Bucky as the Winter Soldier.

Still, he writes his women pretty well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates Captain America comic may be doing ok but Coates Captain America is a supporting character in his own book. It's been more about Sharon and Peggy Carter and throw in the Daughters of Liberty.

They've actually been pretty good although I think Coates was trying to re-capture that Ed Brubaker's shock moment when he brought back Peggy but it didn't have the same impact as bringing back Bucky as the Winter Soldier.

Still, he writes his women pretty well.
    I Agree.

After the issue of Selene beating the **** out of Cap. And then Sharon comes and Saves the day using the Iron-Patriot Suit? Told me all I needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    I Agree.

After the issue of Selene beating the **** out of Cap. And then Sharon comes and Saves the day using the Iron-Patriot Suit? Told me all I needed to know.
    or Shuri showing up to save Sharon but ultilizing some mythical ability to re-youth sharon despite tchalla supposedly being the one who is suppose to be king of the dead and yet she is controlling souls now as well. But what really told me everything i needed to know is when they had that storyline where the people were being saved and Cap and Falcon were saving the rich people instead of the people being sold. I don't need those kind of storm stories in my life. it will be 84 years of prose and side characters before Storm can even fart wind let alone get an aqctual story. I find it absolutely shocking in over 2 series of BP coates has only told two stories and one is still going.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Can someone explain to me how they are going to write out Storm godhead or basically her magic? It's stated to go beyond her genetics which means her godhood would be more standard than her mutant powers if it wasn't suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how they are going to write out Storm godhead or basically her magic? It's stated to go beyond her genetics which means her godhood would be more standard than her mutant powers if it wasn't suppressed.
    Why would they write it out when saruryne just called her a goddess in sox destruction? I highly doubt wakanda would be praying to storm if it wasn't to save wakanda either way.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Why would they write it out when saruryne just called her a goddess in sox destruction? I highly doubt wakanda would be praying to storm if it wasn't to save wakanda either way.
    I kinda figure it was marvel still calling her a goddess-like a code name. They were calling her a goddess long before Hadari Yao. I said this because no other book has used Hadari Yao except BP.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I kinda figure it was marvel still calling her a goddess-like a code name. They were calling her a goddess long before Hadari Yao. I said this because no other book has used Hadari Yao except BP.
    I always thought Storm being called a goddess was more metaphorical than anything. Most fans and writers probably disagree that she's an actual goddess (in the conventional MU sense) but recognize the divine way she carries herself so they call her by her old title. But the mystic aspect to Ororo's character was always there, it just took Coates to dig into it and put it on it's biggest display in a few years.

The Wakandans call her Hadari Yao because they believe Storm is a literal goddess. In one of their ancient languages they have stories of a goddess who walks among the clouds and Storm is believed to be some kind of reincarnation, as she now walks among the people. Her godhead is definitely genetic as it's passed down from mother to daughter, but it's not tied explicitly to her X-gene, that's just how it manifests itself. I don't think the X-Office will retcon that character trait out, they probably won't reference it though lol.