Page 46 of 613 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast
    BANNED

isnt ororo conected to oshtur? that would be a story I wish her solo could tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    isnt ororo conected to oshtur? that would be a story I wish her solo could tackle.
    There hasn't been much direct on panel story to reinforce the connection, but yes, in theory, the goddess Ororo refers to in 'by the goddess!'/'Bright Lady' is Ma'at/Oshtur, one of the Elder gods of earth.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-26-2020 at 12:47 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    uovo is dead.
    non-canon
    thank you next

oh to your comment about thor all the scans I've provided including the one from the current thor states otherwise. thor as well as all other marvel gods require faith. I love when canon proves me right :*
    Uovu can always come back. Just like all the other “Supposedly” dead X-Men villains have. Uovu is no different.
    Not sure why you keep saying it’s non Cannon because it is. You don’t get to cherry pick what YOU want to consider cannon or not. It doesn’t work like that. Sorry.
    Your Welcome next.

No, it only proves you wrong Kyss as always. Thor doesn’t get his powers by Faith. Those few scans you posted does not ignore the greater and larger history of his character showing us that he in fact does NOT need prayer to use his godly power or that’s where his Godly power comes from.
    Sorry, bud but your going to have to take the L on this.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There hasn't been much direct on panel story to reinforce the connection, but yes, in theory, the goddess Ororo refers to in 'by the goddess!'/'Bright Lady' is Ma'at/Oshtur, one of the Elder gods of earth.
    What would be even better is if Oshtur blessed Storm with Magical Immunity. Calling it “The Blessing of Oshtur” or “Oshturs Blessing”. Being the mother and founder of Magic I don’t see why she won’t do that to Storm. Having Storm become immune to all magic attacks.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-26-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Uovu can always come back. Just like all the other “Supposedly” dead X-Men villains have. Uovu is no different.
    Not sure why you keep saying it’s non Cannon because it is. You don’t get to cherry pick what YOU want to consider cannon or not.
    Your Welcome next.

No, it only proves you wrong Kyss as always speaking in things that you don’t fully have a clear understanding. Thor doesn’t get his powers by Faith. I’m not sure why you don’t get that point. Those few scans you posted does not ignore the greater history of his character NOT needing prayer to use his godly power. Your wrong in this one bud sorry.
    1. you think Coates is going to use a villain from a writer who did everything to contradict the story he was telling in black panther? and it not canon. virtually everything in that book that occurred has been ignored, such as gambit and storm kissing for starters.

2. I'm not sure how you can argue that he doesnt get power by faith when there are multiple stories now including the latest thor book that says exactly that. find me one scan that says he doesnt need faith because I can provide you several that says exactly the opposite. it seems you dont a clear understanding and thats ok cause I'm here to school you. class is in session:

no different from when storm goes goddess. now check that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

1. you think Coates is going to use a villain from a writer who did everything to contradict the story he was telling in black panther? and it not canon. virtually everything in that book that occurred has been ignored, such as gambit and storm kissing for starters.

2. I'm not sure how you can argue that he doesnt get power by faith when there are multiple stories now including the latest thor book that says exactly that. find me one scan that says he doesnt need faith because I can provide you several that says exactly the opposite. it seems you dont a clear understanding and thats ok cause I'm here to school you. class is in session:

no different from when storm goes goddess. now check that.
    1. If Coates is THAT good of a writer as you think he is then yes. He should be able to use a good concept that was added to Storm’s my this. That’s what any good writer would do. Use concepts that have potential.

2. You don’t know enough about Thor or even the Gods of Asgard that much for you to even claim that. Your wrong because there are many many more examples and issues of Thor showing that Prayer is not the source of Asgardian Godhood. Your scan does not outway the many other ones. I’d suggest you actually talk to a fan of Thor because reading your arguments with the other user and that other Storm fan off panel I don’t quite think you fully understand Asgardian Gods or Thor himself and their methos.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-26-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. If Coates is THAT good of a writer as you think he is then yes. He should be able to use a good concept that was added to Storm’s my this. That’s what any good writer would do. Use concepts that have potential.

2. You don’t know enough about Thor or even the Gods of Asgard that much for you to even claim that. Your wrong because there are many many more examples and issues of Thor showing that Prayer is not the source of Asgardian Godhood. Your scan does not outway the many other ones. I’d suggest you actually talk to a fan of Thor because reading your arguments with the other user and that other Storm fan off panel I don’t quite think you fully understand Asgardian Gods or Thor himself and their methos.
    1. Coates does not need to validate his writing by incorporating irrelevant characters from irrelevant books. nothing guggenheim wrote as it relates to storm carried over into dox - absolutely nothing. he said she was not a real god and yet that isnt true because BP and fearless books stated the complete opposite. he had storm and gambit kissing yet rogue and gambit ended up married. he gave her hammertime after ignoring his own story and where is the mention of that? coates is paving the way for the character and is doing just fine without using characters created solely to distract from the story he wants to tell.

2. I dont have to know a thing about thor to cite stories that clearly support the point I made which is that marvel gods require faith to power them. there are too many scans that state that. so again instead of telling me, please provide one scan that says the source of asgardian power is not through faith. I just showed one that clearly states that and since you have such an extensive knowledge of the character I'm sure thst wont be hard to do. I will wait.

while I wait heres another scan (from the new thor book might I add) that says marvel gods need faith to power them:
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-26-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I see people say this but I've havent seen actual 616 proof of this

I believe it's only been confirmed in supplemental material like OHOTMU or some other such sources. But the Mystic Arcana series with Ashake was as good a confirmation as any I would think.

Prayers are not the source of Thor's powers. Can he get more power through prayer? Yes, but Asgardians stopped relying on the power of prayer long, long ago as that was not a significant source of source of power for them.

Also, Thor gets other powers from his connection to the Earth through his mother Gaea though they rarely play this up.

What makes Asgardians gods anyway? They just seem like a powerful race of aliens that over time became known as gods imo. Or are all asgardians suppose to be considered gods and Thor and co are like the gods among gods. Never made much sense to me. Anyone more powerful than a base human could come to earth, especially in it's primitive ages and claim to be a god. Is there like proof? Divine blood? Something other than word of mouth and self proclamations.

I would argue there is more on panel proof Storm is a goddess over Asgardians being gods.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What makes Asgardians gods anyway? They just seem like a powerful race of aliens that over time became known as gods imo. Or are all asgardians suppose to be considered gods and Thor and co are like the gods among gods. Never made much sense to me. Anyone more powerful than a base human could come to earth, especially in it's primitive ages and claim to be a god. Is there like proof? Divine blood? Something other than word of mouth and self proclamations.

I would argue there is more on panel proof Storm is a goddess over Asgardians being gods.
    I would have to disagree on that one. Thor has 700+ issues of a solo comic that can be referenced to to point to any attributes of godhood. This is not taking any thing away from Storm, it's just simple fact.

Also, godhood in the Marvel U has been loosely defined over their history so there is no clear-cut definition one right way to be a god in the MU. Being worshipped isn't the onlything that makes you a god in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would have to disagree on that one. Thor has 700+ issues of a solo comic that can be referenced to to point to any attributes of godhood. This is not taking any thing away from Storm, it's just simple fact.

Also, godhood in the Marvel U has been loosely defined over their history so there is no clear-cut definition one right way to be a god in the MU. Being worshipped isn't the onlything that makes you a god in the MU.
    True. But either way there is no definitive proof Asgardians are more god than alien. Especially in terms of Earth. The olympians have more status as gods than Asgardians.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    True. But either way there is no definitive proof Asgardians are more god than alien. Especially in terms of Earth. The olympians have more status as gods than Asgardians.
    That's the thing, being worshipped doesn't require you to be more god-like than anyone else. It doesn't even require you to be human or humanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's the thing, being worshipped doesn't require you to be more god-like than anyone else. It doesn't even require you to be human or humanoid.
    Yeah but in terms of Earth Asgardians are still Asgardians. They may call themselves "gods" but they are nothing more than an alien species claiming to be gods from the point of view of an an earther i would say. I'm not so much talking about the aspect of worship but rather actual humans who have transcended or those that fit into the mythos of earth itself. Such as those who formed it or were formed from it. Asgardians for all intents and purposes despite whatever they are called are still aliens first. Despite what they wish to be called. Though i guess technically Thor would be half god since his mother is Gaea but Asgardians themselves, odin included are not gods.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The narrative threads connecting them are exceedingly thin, but there is proof. You can focus on Ashake, her Egyptian ancestor, especially as depicted in the Mystic Arcana Magik series where she straight up is shown to worship/follow/work with Ma'at/Osthur.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!