Page 247 of 613 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Claremont would have told us exactly what happened. I miss this type of writing at times so much lol.
    Caption Boxes were the best part of the issue sometimes. Some say Claremont was to wordy but at least you know exactly what the character was doing and didn't have to guess.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I don't think there is enough in the panels to say for sure who did what specifically. I agree that both could've handled the job. I think the writer wanted to show everyone in the group doing something, and that was how he chose to rep Ororo and Bobby. Honestly, I think it was meant to be a cool visual of two Omega mutants on the top of a mountain they have absolute control over. The metaphorical mountain being the iceberg. Based on how they were drawn, they were likely meant to be seen as complimenting each other. They have a similar pose, as well as the white/black image going on. (I mean their uniforms, not their race). They also complement each other--male and female. So, in the end, I don't think the artist or writer meant for readers to know who did what exactly, especially since the feat could've been performed independently.

And that's the big take away. They all acted as a team and with a shared goal in mind. As a result, they succeeded.
    Actually.....that was it. You hit the nail on the Head.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Caption Boxes were the best part of the issue sometimes. Some say Claremont was to wordy but at least you know exactly what the character was doing and didn't have to guess.
    Whoever believed that probably hates reading. Yes we can leave some feats up to context clues. But I need to know what exactly happened. Claremont IMO was good at describing what the Hero and villains did.

Being that back.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I would love for the thought bubbles to return. It adds to the story and if writers are more plot focused now than character focused thought bubbles can clear a lot of things up, like what does insert character feel and know? People think there should be more follow up but don't want outdated bubbles. People don't seem to understand that there is nothing wrong with comics being uniquely comics instead of like other forms of literature. I liked that about comics when I first started reading, actually.

Have a Storm art.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I don't know what's going on but BP #23-25 release has been cancelled. I received a notice from Amazon that said they cancelled my pre-orders because the item had been canceled by the publisher. The books are also no longer showing on the Marvel website. Does anyone know what happened?

I don't know what's going on but BP #23-25 release has been cancelled. I received a notice from Amazon that said they cancelled my pre-orders because the item had been canceled by the publisher. The books are also no longer showing on the Marvel website. Does anyone know what happened?
    They're probably just rescheduling, I think trying to schedule books in the current climate is gonna be pretty changeable.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

But do we really need to know exactly what they're both doing in that scene, and how? Both characters have created ice before. We ALL know how they do it. They both froze enormous volumes of water. The mechanics don't have to be spelled/written out and thus possibly obscuring three quarters of the panel.

And yes, Claremont was too damn wordy...most of the times. Admittedly, sometimes it was necessary as when she created the Jovian pressure dome but...we didn't need to be told that she "whipped up a tornado in the blink of an eye while massive bolts of lightning strike with the all the power released at dawn of creation" every frakkin' time. We can see it right there on the page, clearly illustrated by the more than competent artist.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The retiring of caption/thought boxes is a huge loss to the medium imo. They had their cons, but the pros for outweighed them. They were a great tool to showcase additional characterization.

I remember being ecstatic that they were featured in World's Apart because we FINALLY got insight into Storm's mind about her tenure as Xmen and as Wakanda's queen and her struggles with it. Something that no other writer bothered to really clarify or even tackle with any kind of seriousness at the time.
    Last edited by Saturius; 05-28-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

The books are still listed on the marvel subscription page. They just don't have a release date.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The books are still listed on the marvel subscription page. They just don't have a release date.
    That's interesting because they were removed from Marvel Digital and ComiXology.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But do we really need to know exactly what they're both doing in that scene, and how? Both characters have created ice before. We ALL know how they do it. They both froze enormous volumes of water. The mechanics don't have to be spelled/written out and thus possibly obscuring three quarters of the panel.

And yes, Claremont was too damn wordy...most of the times. Admittedly, sometimes it was necessary as when she created the Jovian pressure dome but...we didn't need to be told that she "whipped up a tornado in the blink of an eye while massive bolts of lightning strike with the all the power released at dawn of creation" every frakkin' time. We can see it right there on the page, clearly illustrated by the more than competent artist.
    No. We really NEED caption Boxes to come back. Because we are guessing what Storm and Iceman did. We have never seen Storm create an Iceberg until yesterday in Marauders #10. Even now we still are confused as to what they did because the context of the feat was extremely vague. So yes. Caption Boxes are needed.

Claremont wasn’t wordy. He really wasn’t. It’s funny that some people complain that there are too much dialogue in a comic and some complain there’s isn’t enough dialogue at all. The reason we keep seeing “Storm generated a F5 Hurricane in the Blink of an Eye” is because we still have IDIOTS who think Storm needs time to generate a Hurricane. We still have people believing that she has to raise her hands or wait for her eyes to glow. So yes it’s dialogue like that which Claremont so graciously gave us to tell and show people Storm doesn’t have to move a finger to cause a Global Weather Phenomenon.

And yes there are some artist who know how to draw what the writer is trying to explain to us. But there are some artist who are terrible at it. Which caused US the fanbase to argue Amongst us on what the hell did Storm just do?

BANNED

Without Caption Boxes MANY of Storm’s greatest and BIGGEST feats would not be listed today. We would be arguing on what we personally think she did.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No. We really NEED caption Boxes to come back. Because we are guessing what Storm and Iceman did. We have never seen Storm create an Iceberg until yesterday in Marauders #10. Even now we still are confused as to what they did because the context of the feat was extremely vague. So yes. Caption Boxes are needed.

Claremont wasn’t wordy. He really wasn’t. It’s funny that some people complain that there are too much dialogue in a comic and some complain there’s isn’t enough dialogue at all. The reason we keep seeing “Storm generated a F5 Hurricane in the Blink of an Eye” is because we still have IDIOTS who think Storm needs time to generate a Hurricane. We still have people believing that she has to raise her hands or wait for her eyes to glow. So yes it’s dialogue like that which Claremont so graciously gave us to tell and show people Storm doesn’t have to move a finger to cause a Global Weather Phenomenon.

And yes there are some artist who know how to draw what the writer is trying to explain to us. But there are some artist who are terrible at it. Which caused US the fanbase to argue Amongst us on what the hell did Storm just do?
    Thank you. I was about to reply and you covered everything I was gonna say.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Water...is a liquid, but when heat is removed (0 degrees celsius and lower), the liquid molecules bind together and form a solid, what's commonly known as ice.

I'm not sure how additive text-booking that process would have been to the story but....Now you know.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-28-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I didnt think she created the icerberg. My interpretation of it is that she raised up the water around the ship as Iceman froze it, making the icerbergs in the process. I think both worked together to do one thing as opposed to each doing the same thing here. I think Storm was used to amplify the speed at which he did freeze the water by making it more accessible to him
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-28-2020 at 01:47 PM.

BANNED

Thank you. I was about to reply and you covered everything I was gonna say.
    Your Welcome. Because I’m with you. They NEED to come back. I think people are just lazy and don’t wanna read.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Water...is a liquid, but when heat is removed (0 degrees celsius and lower), the liquid molecules bind together and form a solid, what's commonly known as ice.

I'm not sure how additive text-booking that process would have been to the story but....Now you know.
    That’s cool. Well, we all appreciate the Science Lesson.Though I’m sure we all know how Ice is made. But thank you for educating us.