Page 348 of 613 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Looking at all of them. I don’t see why Marvel needed to make NEW heroes. All the good ones are in this picture.
    There's only so much you can do with the same characters. For a franchise to grow, you must create new ones to change up the dynamics. Especially with the severe lack of diversity, there is an onusto create ones that offer a wider range of representation
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-28-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    By who??? Can Black Panther have a second film without everybody trying shoe horn others? Nobody wants Doom or Namor or Storm in that movie. Because the moment they show up it becomes no longer about him but where is the FF or X-Men at? How do you explain where they were for so long. Folks are tired of the movement that wants that movie hijacked for others.

Marvel is not foolish. It was never going to work with two folks under different offices. Especially one that has been a shadefest towards Wakanda and that would have his book held hostage by X-Men nonsense.

That is why Superman and Batman have love interest under their banners. So no one could be derailed by another franchise.
    Black Panther with a love interest free of drama is the job of HIS office.
    Storm-the X-Office's job.

From a money stand point how does that relationship benefit Storm? Tossing her in his book only boosted HIS sales and image. It hasn't helped her. It just gave her own franchise an excuse to toss her aside for "others".

All that money and cultural stuff benefits ONE person. It's not Storm. It's the guy with the billion dollar movie, 3 Oscars and 30 trades and nearing the 200 solo issues milestone.

Why is that NOT Storm? For it to be her one day-it has to be on HER terms not his. Force this X-Office to do more than lip service for Storm. Panther is their excuse to marginalize her.

Same mess you are seeing with Cyborg, Duke Thomas and others at DC. If Jessica Jones can do it without Luke or Danielle-so can Storm.

And for the record I DID support the marriage.
    1. For starters fans directly asked Coogler about Storm appearing in BP2:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...ler-director-/

There have been numerous articles and discussion on multiple social media platforms that support fans wanting her to appear in the flick as well. I did a quick Google search and tons of articles popped up so I know you may not want to see her in the film but saying nobody wants to see her in it is simply false.

2. The only reason they were broken up according to hudlin was that Marvel did not fully own the rights to Xmen. It had nothing to do with them being in separate offices:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/02/blac...interview.html

Yes the xoffices has a lot of drama but Storm if foremost the property of Marvel and if the offices want to use her outside of the Xmen that certainly is their prerogative to do so.

3. As it relates to the monetary benefit, putting both the highest profile black characters marvel has together potentially could be just as big as the initial release of Black Panther. People are not excited to see her appear in BP2 for no reason. The excitement is there because they love them together and that translates to money for marvel. Also, her being in his book has had an incremental impact to her character development. It has elevated her in a way that even Claremont shied away from so to state her appearing in his book didnt help her is false. She has had more development during Coates writing of her than anything she has had under the Xoffices post her annulled marriage.

4. How does it only benefit Tchalla when Ororo would be also getting exposure due to an appearance in the movie? I dont follow that logic as it would open the door to any later projects that would center around Ororo. That's like saying Tchalla appearing in the avengers movie only benefited the avengers, which we all know wasnt the case. In fact it did the opposite.

5. I agree Ororo should be given more opportunities within the Xbooks but as I mentioned before she ultimately is a Marvel property and if the higher ups want her to have a higher profile outside the xmen it makes sense to put her in books with characters she has an organic connection to, such as with Black Panther.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://search.app.goo.gl/i1XPeLP

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

Thank you so much for sharing. this article literally had me screaming in sheer joy.

it goes into the things we've speculated here and has tied her rich history across the many years beautifully! if hickman is ready to take us here I'm ready to shelve out my coins!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

That article is orgasm inducing enough to be an optimistic fool for X of Swords. I'll hope this happens but i'm going to set my feet on the ground hoping to be surprised with ANYTHING interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    That article is orgasm inducing enough to be an optimistic fool for X of Swords. I'll hope this happens but i'm going to set my feet on the ground hoping to be surprised with ANYTHING interesting.
    lololol right. wasnt it so well written and detailed? i certainly dont want her turning to a villain but I'm super excited.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol right. wasnt it so well written and detailed? i certainly dont want her turning to a villain but I'm super excited.
    it is a simple cheat sheet for these writers He connected all the dots for them and i'm sure they are not going to follow that path but i'm opened to be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    it is a simple cheat sheet for these writers He connected all the dots for them and i'm sure they are not going to follow that path but i'm opened to be surprised
    I love how you described the article. The dots were perfectly connected. I hope the folks at the xoffices follow it. the foundation has already been laid lol.

Storm Timeless issue by Mr. Ross will be the variant cover for her giant sized issue. So that means I have to get at least two of these issues:

https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...timeless-mural

Timeless Virgin Variants for September 2020

GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: STORM #1 – STORM

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

Thank you so much for sharing! Definitely an amazing read.

Thank you so much for sharing. this article literally had me screaming in sheer joy.

it goes into the things we've speculated here and has tied her rich history across the many years beautifully! if hickman is ready to take us here I'm ready to shelve out my coins!
    Yes, and I do challenge you to read that one as well: X-Men Theory for X of Swords.

I connected so many dots and I do believe that I do realize what her role will be and how big she will be to the story if they really decide to follow this theory. And since they tease for quite some time now that she has a key role, has me a bit worried, since she has been said to have a key role in the past, but actually didn't really have that much of a big impact.

But reading the above article about Storm being the most dangerous mutant, a mutant goddess, and the article about the Theory, I've connected quite important and vital dots which I believe will make an appearance in the comics.

I am not going to spoil since I am a writer myself, I could see the keywords and points, so don't ask me about them, but I will let you all know if my predictions were correct for X of Swords once all 22 issues are out.

Storm Timeless issue by Mr. Ross will be the variant cover for her giant sized issue. So that means I have to get at least two of these issues:

Amazing video! I loved it and Storm in the middle, hell yeah! That is where she belongs and that is where she should belong in X of Swords.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-28-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Thanks for sharing the video, I love seeing artists at work!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

This amazing art was shared with me at the Discord server for Marvel's Avengers, check it out!

image0.jpg

And since CBR loves messing up with resolution and details, I've the full image over the link here.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-28-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Who is that she’s gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing! Definitely an amazing read.

Yes, and I do challenge you to read that one as well: X-Men Theory for X of Swords.

I connected so many dots and I do believe that I do realize what her role will be and how big she will be to the story if they really decide to follow this theory. And since they tease for quite some time now that she has a key role, has me a bit worried, since she has been said to have a key role in the past, but actually didn't really have that much of a big impact.

But reading the above article about Storm being the most dangerous mutant, a mutant goddess, and the article about the Theory, I've connected quite important and vital dots which I believe will make an appearance in the comics.

I am not going to spoil since I am a writer myself, I could see the keywords and points, so don't ask me about them, but I will let you all know if my predictions were correct for X of Swords once all 22 issues are out.

Amazing video! I loved it and Storm in the middle, hell yeah! That is where she belongs and that is where she should belong in X of Swords.
    I can't wait to circle back and discuss everything that happens after this event is over. that other article had some really good information within it too thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Thanks for sharing the video, I love seeing artists at work!

of course anytime!!!! (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    Who is that she’s gorgeous
    Sonequa Martin-Green