Page 96 of 613 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Exactly. That heat is real and it's coming from somewhere. Don't forget, though, Bast is also aboard N'Jadaka's ship, although I think whatever the symbiote senses is coming from Ororo.
    oh bast is on the ship?? yes I didnt think of her that could be bast doing then as well.

I'm still side eyeing this akili character. dude what do you have to offer this day instead of coming and disrespecting miss yao's name? dont got time for that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-22-2020 at 02:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I hope Coates can do something interesting here. I'm sorry, but his work on BP has been some of the more boring stories I have ever read. His pacing is glacial and going by his last big arc, the endings rushed and ill defined. Space operas are usually a lot of fun, but I feel like I've already checked out of this one.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope Coates can do something interesting here. I'm sorry, but his work on BP has been some of the more boring stories I have ever read. His pacing is glacial and going by his last big arc, the endings rushed and ill defined. Space operas are usually a lot of fun, but I feel like I've already checked out of this one.
    Coates is the undisputed master at taking ideas that should be interesting only to make them boring as hell in execution. And the fact that T’Challa remains a background character in his own book makes it worse.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you better preach. miss ororo is often times underestimated and she always has to make these gurms eat crow. f ororo is trying to focus on njadaka and the symbiote I think her tactics is more focused on cutting off the head of the snake. ince they were out maybe the idea is the fleet will be called back. but I would love to see her take out fleet as large as njadaka's too.

well you know some have cried foul ths entire time coates has been on the book for giving a voice to ororo. but you make a good point. I just thought the cover of her merging with the symbiote was a bit of a clue to something nefarious.

and yes I'm ready too!!!! I want to see how this all comes to an end.

Oh, I definitely take your point about Nakia on the cover. But it could simply mean some kind of confrontation between Nakia and N'Jadaka. It might be too on the nose with the cover to have her be a traitor. I wouldn't care if Coates went that route but I think it would take away from a lot of what he's built up, including the conversation between Ororo and Nakia. When Ororo learned of T'Challa and Nakia's relationship, she researched the woman and deemed her an honorable and trustworthy soldier/person. I don't know if Coates would undermine T'Challa's and Ororo's good sense about a person. It does still beg the question as to who is the spy.

So, BP #21 and Giant Size X-Men with Storm are this Wednesday. Depending on her depiction in each, this Wednesday could be awesome for Storm fans.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-22-2020 at 03:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Is she in space? I thought shirin told her to hang back the last issue. but if she us I would like to see her create a cosmic storm. that would be amazing!!! all the stuff you mentioned as well!!

lolol coates will deliver. hes never failed me yet.
    Either Way we are going to get a Good Power Display.
    Base Storm- we all know what she is capable of, but I’d like for it to go a bit further. Like Creating a Cosmic ThunderStorm or Radiation Manipulation.

Goddess Storm- Id like for her to have some form of Cosmic Awareness, with her mind in that State is like her to sense everything. And if she does use her powers it should be in a way that’s beneficial to her team and destructive to her enemies. .
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    LOL, you guys need "therapy" or "I hate you sex".

Anyway, I feel like we're gonna see a big old bolt of space lightning. Though, I would love to see a Solar Wind wreak havoc on the starships.
    ........Watch ya mouth LAM!!! Watch It. Doth I summon thy wrath upon you.

Anywho’s your most likely right. Not just only a Big Bolt more like a Chain Lightning but on a bigger scale.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-22-2020 at 05:43 PM.

BANNED

Exactly. That heat is real and it's coming from somewhere. Don't forget, though, Bast is also aboard N'Jadaka's ship, although I think whatever the symbiote senses is coming from Ororo.
    OH WOW. I didn’t think about it that way.

Oh yeah. You could be right. Storm probably is the cause of them getting Hot. This is exactly like her Heat Blast/ Heatstroke Feat. And the Amazing part is she’s doing it from a Greater distance. Which means she has to be pushing or throwing her consciousness out to not only locate them and target them at the same time. Hmmm Nice Job.

I hope what I said is true. Fingers Crossed.

Oooooh Nice catch Guilty Pleasure. I hope Coates uses his imagination, (if he has any) to use the Heat from a Star and is slow burning them up. Or something
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-22-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    OH WOW. I didn’t think about it that way.

Maybe Storm is the cause of them getting Hot. This is exactly like her Heat Blast Feat and causing Heatstroke at the same time.

Oooooh Nice catch. But if Coates has any form of imagination, it could be Storm using the Heat from a Star and is slow burning them up. Or something.
    Here's to a writer's imagination on a superhero comic. Smh. We know Storm can use her powers from a far distance and track movement in the air. As you said, there is much base or omega level Storm can do without even tapping into what makes her a goddess. Based on the fact that Coates keeps having characters refer to Ororo as a goddess, including the last two issues and this one, I'm going to assume that whatever he does have her do is supposed to be a display of her godhood. Although, I do hope it is different enough from her past feats for it to truly be distinguishable, even if that distinctions is a matter of potency or breadth of something she can already do.

BANNED

Here's to a writer's imagination on a superhero comic. Smh. We know Storm can use her powers from a far distance and track movement in the air. As you said, there is much base or omega level Storm can do without even tapping into what makes her a goddess. Based on the fact that Coates keeps having characters refer to Ororo as a goddess, including the last two issues and this one, I'm going to assume that whatever he does have her do is supposed to be a display of her godhood. Although, I do hope it is different enough from her past feats for it to truly be distinguishable, even if that distinctions is a matter of potency or breadth of something she can already do.
    Yes, we know Storm can target people from large distance. BUT!! Can she do it in space?? That’s what I want to see :-). But I just went back and reread the conversation N’Jadaka had with his minion. They seem to be close to the Ship Storm is on so my theory might be wrong. But your theory of her using heat may actually be true.

Now, I agree on what ya said about the references of her God Titles. I just HOPE he shows us the difference. We NEED to see the difference between God Storm and Omega Lvl Mutant Storm. Coates has a tough job because if he shows us a power display from God Storm like manipulation of Solar Winds. Then what can a Omega Lvl Mutant Storm do??? And then that’s a problem because we can’t tell the difference.

So, I’m with you in that sense. Please shows us the difference.

Spectacular Member

Do you people know how hollywood works? If they cast Ororo anywhere from age 20 to 40 they will still put T'challa and Ororo together. The proof is Paul Bettany is 48 and Elizabeth Olsen is 31 they don't care they are still together.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, we know Storm can target people from large distance. BUT!! Can she do it in space?? That’s what I want to see :-). But I just went back and reread the conversation N’Jadaka had with his minion. They seem to be close to the Ship Storm is on so my theory might be wrong. But your theory of her using heat may actually be true.

Now, I agree on what ya said about the references of her God Titles. I just HOPE he shows us the difference. We NEED to see the difference between God Storm and Omega Lvl Mutant Storm. Coates has a tough job because if he shows us a power display from God Storm like manipulation of Solar Winds. Then what can a Omega Lvl Mutant Storm do??? And then that’s a problem because we can’t tell the difference.

So, I’m with you in that sense. Please shows us the difference.
    100% agreement. Go back and look at the the outer space preview scan. The ship Ororo and Shuri are on is directly in front of N'Jadaka's flagship. They are sitting ducks, which is why N'Jadaka's captain (or whoever the person was) asked about firing on the ship and destroying them. His reason for not doing so is pretty lame and plot convenient but, yeah, Shuri's ship, I think, is all that stands between N'Jadaka's forces and them getting to the gate. Meaning the only defense of the gate, until reinforcements arrive, likely Nakia and what's left of the Maroons, is Ororo.

I think, some of the issue, and not only from Coates, but with other X-writers, is that they use titles like god and omega without having really conceptualized what it looks like. Because, from all of her labels, Storm has a good three power levels. Maybe, in the end, the nuanced distinctions really don't matter. Perhaps writers should focus more on having a good understanding of what a character with her base powerset should be able to do and then have her decide when, where and how much of her massive power to use.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Do you people know how hollywood works? If they cast Ororo anywhere from age 20 to 40 they will still put T'challa and Ororo together. The proof is Paul Bettany is 48 and Elizabeth Olsen is 31 they don't care they are still together.
    Yeah, but Vision is a robot, so it's already weird. Plus, they are both Avengers and have no other responsibilities. If you make Ororo Queen of Wakanda before she even appears as an X-Men, you pretty much guarantee her X-Men participation is slim to none. Considering Storm as Queen of Wakanda lasted for all of 5 or 6 years, while Storm as an X-Man is already at 45 years and counting, it's pretty easy to see which one she should probably focus on. Black Panther made over a billion without Storm. Nakia, Okoye, Shuri, and Ramonda are already holding it down for the female representation in that franchise. The X-Men need Storm more than BP does.

BANNED

100% agreement. Go back and look at the the outer space preview scan. The ship Ororo and Shuri are on is directly in front of N'Jadaka's flagship. They are sitting ducks, which is why N'Jadaka's captain (or whoever the person was) asked about firing on the ship and destroying them. His reason for not doing so is pretty lame and plot convenient but, yeah, Shuri's ship, I think, is all that stands between N'Jadaka's forces and them getting to the gate. Meaning the only defense of the gate, until reinforcements arrive, likely Nakia and what's left of the Maroons, is Ororo.

I think, some of the issue, and not only from Coates, but with other X-writers, is that they use titles like god and omega without having really conceptualized what it looks like. Because, from all of her labels, Storm has a good three power levels. Maybe, in the end, the nuanced distinctions really don't matter. Perhaps writers should focus more on having a good understanding of what a character with her base powerset should be able to do and then have her decide when, where and how much of her massive power to use.
    Well, there goes my Theory. Oh Well.

Agreed. I’d say she has 4 now: Cosmic, Magic, Earthly and Divine. Anyway, yeah we need a clear discretion of what each of them allows them to do. And the potency of it.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, but Vision is a robot, so it's already weird. Plus, they are both Avengers and have no other responsibilities. If you make Ororo Queen of Wakanda before she even appears as an X-Men, you pretty much guarantee her X-Men participation is slim to none. Considering Storm as Queen of Wakanda lasted for all of 5 or 6 years, while Storm as an X-Man is already at 45 years and counting, it's pretty easy to see which one she should probably focus on. Black Panther made over a billion without Storm. Nakia, Okoye, Shuri, and Ramonda are already holding it down for the female representation in that franchise. The X-Men need Storm more than BP does.
    MCU is not the comics. The MCU will change things. If they want her with Black panther in the MCU, she will be with black panther. The age will not matter as long as she's over 18. Also Chadwick is not playing 40 something, he's playing 30 something and looks 30 something.

I'd love to see Ororo debut in BP2 as a goddess, but I sincerely doubt they would marry her off in her MCU debut. That means it would be years before they circle back to BP3, by which time Chadwick will be well into his 40s. Time and tide wait for no man.

I'd love to see Ororo debut in BP2 as a goddess, but I sincerely doubt they would marry her off in her MCU debut. That means it would be years before they circle back to BP3, by which time Chadwick will be well into his 40s. Time and tide wait for no man.
    Chadwick is already in his early 40s though.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"