Page 566 of 613 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 9190
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    This post has so much wrong with it. But I'm just going to address the ones I have an issue with.
    The XBooks have done nothing with her and refuse to enrich her , her past and mythos. Many are great ful for her stint in Black Panther , cause she actually got fleshed out. And now once she been return to the xofffice, they still don't know what to do her to the point, the only thing they know how to do is either rehash or exploit her Wakandian connection, base of the recent Black panther franchise success. And still won't build upon the character. And this constant playing second fiddle thing is so stupid when she literally has to fight for screen, panel time, From a team cast of hundreds.

Yea they made her a omgea whoopit due we've been known this. What about her windriderahip. Her being princess. Her family, her villian. Heck , alchem el jabar could of been made appearance. Yuriko .

I too am thankful for the development she received in BP. I'm just tired of everything linking back to Wakanda (even Skybreaker) in regards to her character. Even if that development hasn't happened in the XBooks, there isn't much room to explore that in BP because the book has to remained centered on Black Panther and Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Skybreaker was lukewarmly received by some Storm fans because of the story surrounding its creation and the contrivance of its retrieval. That and looking at X-Force, it didn't quite show itself to be anymore impressive than any other hypothetical blade could've been. Relative to how it had originally been depicted, of course. Stormcaster gets a worse rep because of how it was clearly used to deemphasize Coates' work on another book and that's at least something worth complaining about lol. For Skybreaker it's kinda just... there. And I echo the sentiments of others that it probably won't matter past this event, unless it's used to create drama between Krakoa and Wakanda.

Like I said, my expectations were always low and those expectations were met. People who were expecting an Adversary-level moment for Storm were setting themselves up for disappointment because it was clearly stated by the editor this wasn't Storm's big story. That comes next year (allegedly). So on that basis alone, I agree it's not fair to compare her fight with Death versus her fight with Adversary. They were two entirely different contexts, but you asked why Storm fans had a stronger, more unified response to the latter and I think it comes down to emotional buildup and narrative potential. Her fight with Death was never gonna be as grand or complex, which is fine if people accept not every Storm battle is gonna be some huge, eye-opening affair.
    I can agree with all of this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Baby I know y'all love to discuss Storm but I can't be reading all these novels y'all be writing on here and try to engage. I'ma come back later lol
    LMAO! This is my favorite post lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Like the second half of this event...Skybreaker is irrelevant.
    Storm is an OL mutant she really doesn't need any "accessories" like swords and hammers and other such obvious plot contrivances, to fight with.

And this is (one of) my main issue with this entire event. For as useless as the swords themselves have been to the bearers and the plot specifically Tini and Co. could have just as well left them out entirely or not given them such prominence, and left it as solely Tarot related.
    I kind of agree with this too. It definitely would have made things more straightforward but I also wonder if they just thought having the XMen wield swords would be cool lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Hellions is the one part I really enjoy. If the stove is boiling over, Hellions is the crescent rolls in the the toaster over at a perfect golden brown.
    This is definitely the most correct statement. That book has been the most interesting part of the whole event. That last book! OMG.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 11-20-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Spectacular Member

Double post (can you delete?)

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Baby I know y'all love to discuss Storm but I can't be reading all these novels y'all be writing on here and try to engage. I'm a come back later lol
    Lol it was waring my eyes out trying to read all of them. Some good stuff. If anything (good or bad) this event definitely impacted the fandoms.

From marvel 2019 enyclopedia. stormbio.jpg

This actually made me think because i see comments about how when Storm needs story they pull in wakanda and i really wonder where people are getting that. It seems everytime BP needs a reboot or wakanda to be saved Storm is the one who is pulled in. On every occassion Storm was with Tchalla it was his franchise trying to claim her no vice versa. The x-franchise has loosely respected it but i can't think of one story where they were trying to pull for Storm they thought Wakanda, not even her solo. This sword thing was pulled to end them not start something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol it was waring my eyes out trying to read all of them. Some good stuff. If anything (good or bad) this event definitely impacted the fandoms.
    Ya know I really do try to be concise but looking back at this thread I see what you mean lol. I'm a verbose guy in general though I agree 100% this is an interesting time for Storm and it's cool to see people's opinions on where she's going as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    From marvel 2019 enyclopedia.

This actually made me think because i see comments about how when Storm needs story they pull in wakanda and i really wonder where people are getting that. It seems everytime BP needs a reboot or wakanda to be saved Storm is the one who is pulled in. On every occassion Storm was with Tchalla it was his franchise trying to claim her no vice versa. The x-franchise has loosely respected it but i can't think of one story where they were trying to pull for Storm they thought Wakanda, not even her solo. This sword thing was pulled to end them not start something.
    Storm has just as much of a rich Mythos as Wakanda does. If not more or better. And If we EVER hope Storm to go out and branch out on her own in the greater Marvel Universe. And get from under T’Challa’s Hip and Wakanda’s beckoning call. She is going to lose her identity. And she needs to take a break from the X-Men.

New readers are coming and people think Storm is Wakandan. People think she can’t fight. People don’t know about her Marksman skills and expert thief. People don’t know much about her. Also, Storm needs a NEW love interest. Someone in the Marvel Universe that would make people go “Oh **** for real? Ok I can get with it” someone we would NEVER expect. Get her AWAY from T’Challa, Logan and Forge.
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-21-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

True love! Thank you Mr Coates for showing us that Storm could be more than just the xmen token black character:

#hadariyao4eva
    #wakandanlove
    #tchallaisherman
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Storm has just as much of a rich Mythos as Wakanda does. If not more or better. And If we EVER hope Storm to go out and branch out on her own in the greater Marvel Universe. And get from under T’Challa’s Hip and Wakanda’s beckoning call. She is going to lose her identity. And she needs to take a break from the X-Men.

New readers are coming and people think Storm is Wakandan. People think she can’t fight. People don’t know about her Marksman skills and expert thief. People don’t know much about her. Also, Storm needs a NEW love interest. Someone in the Marvel Universe that would make people go “Oh **** for real? Ok I can get with it” someone we would NEVER expect. Get her AWAY from T’Challa, Logan and Forge.
    Sorry bud but you can't blame Ro's lack of proper character development on the BP team, they use Storm if they get approval. I've said this several times on this community page, Ororo's character use comes down to whether Marvel thinks she's worth the hassle or the X team actually bothers to flesh out her lore and no storm does not need a new love interest she needs to be USEFUL and become more established in this continuity vacuum people call "616". No more using BP as a scapegoat and blame for how storm is now, The BP side of marvel did whatever they could to make Storm more rounded and ranged in the MU anything beyond that is out of they're control because she's an Xmen character. It's easy to say "Uh durr Ro don't need no Xmen" and all that nonsense but what some of y'all arent asking or thinking about is..... Who exactly would take a gamble on a character like Storm? So far you don't have anyone as of yet and until that happens well everything in this thread is just fan speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Sorry bud but you can't blame Ro's lack of proper character development on the BP team, they use Storm if they get approval. I've said this several times on this community page, Ororo's character use comes down to whether Marvel thinks she's worth the hassle or the X team actually bothers to flesh out her lore and no storm does not need a new love interest she needs to be USEFUL and become more established in this continuity vacuum people call "616". No more using BP as a scapegoat and blame for how storm is now, The BP side of marvel did whatever they could to make Storm more rounded and ranged in the MU anything beyond that is out of they're control because she's an Xmen character. It's easy to say "Uh durr Ro don't need no Xmen" and all that nonsense but what some of y'all arent asking or thinking about is..... Who exactly would take a gamble on a character like Storm? So far you don't have anyone as of yet and until that happens well everything in this thread is just fan speculation.
    exactly! people have apparently forgotten that before storm was picked up in BP this latest time, she was moping around crying about wolverine dying, being an ineffective leader, and doubting herself about everything. storm wasnt beung used effectively because the xwriters didn't want to use her, PERIOD. they only see interest in her when other writers excel at taking her beyond the status quo, which is taking orders from kitty in Marauders currently.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm still not understanding why they won't let Storm lead a team of her own. She's a proven leader and strategist.

Like I said, give her X-Nation and let it be about Krakoan society and it's influence on the rest of the world.

Astonishing Member

I don't see why it has to be an either or situation lol. Storm can be a prominent X-Men and still have her own life. The question is does she have enough fans to support that direction? Previous solo sales indicate she doesn't as it requires more than just hardcore Storm fans to sustain a solo selling above the cancellation line of roughly 20k. If the majority of X-fans have no interest in seeing Storm (or any X-Men outside Logan) outside the X-Men ecosystem then what needs to be done is a gradual transition, which takes time. The first step is carving a mythos and making it well known.

Meaning Storm needs villains that she especially relates to, concepts like her godhead that only she has access to, and supporting characters. Some of that stuff needs to introduced in the main X-Men books so potential buyers are familiar with them, similar to how stuff like Weapon X got introduced for Logan or how much of Cable's lore was established. Then instead of giving her a full solo and exiting her from the X-Office entirely, be consistent with minis and graphic novels to reach the direct/indirect market. Then pull the trigger on a full solo after Storm seems to have enough lore and buildup. Even then they shouldn't completely remove the X-Men aspect, as clearly that's something the current market values.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post

There are all the easily available UXM back issues and trades and omnibi for those "new readers" if they're that interested in the character. I started reading X-Men in 1983...and with already 6-8 years of stories/history already written, it wasn't that difficult to go back and read what came before. And that was without computers. With the internet now it's the easiest thing to do for new readers to familiarise themselves with a book or franchise...if they feel so inclined.

Storm does not NEED a love interest...new or otherwise.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Actually, I can. The Black Panther Office is part of the problem.

The X-Office and the BP editorial both share blame in the treatment of Storm. The way I see it. One side uses Storm as a Side Piece and a calling card and a Prop for the Main Character. The other side uses her for fillers on a Team. With no direction and doing nothing but being in the background and fan service. IMO yes Storm needs a NEW Love interest she’s been with the same dude for years and it’s going nowhere. They don’t have children they barely act like couples much. The marriage was used to boost sales and had a shameful ending. She needs a new guy or be Single.

I don’t know who is using BP as a scapegoat. But I do believe he is most definitely part of the Problem. Just as the X-Office is.
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-21-2020 at 10:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    There are all the easily available UXM back issues and trades and omnibi for those "new readers" if they're that interested in the character. I started reading X-Men in 1983...and with already 6-8 years of stories/history already written, it wasn't that difficult to go back and read what came before. And that was without computers. With the internet now it's the easiest thing to do for new readers to familiarise themselves with a book or franchise...if they feel so inclined.

Storm does not NEED a love interest...new or otherwise.
    Yes that’s true.

I Disagree with you. I think she does need a New Love interest it’s either that or let her be single.
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-21-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm still not understanding why they won't let Storm lead a team of her own. She's a proven leader and strategist.

Like I said, give her X-Nation and let it be about Krakoan society and it's influence on the rest of the world.
    I think in children of the atom of it ever drops she will be leading a group of reject xmen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't see why it has to be an either or situation lol. Storm can be a prominent X-Men and still have her own life. The question is does she have enough fans to support that direction? Previous solo sales indicate she doesn't as it requires more than just hardcore Storm fans to sustain a solo selling above the cancellation line of roughly 20k. If the majority of X-fans have no interest in seeing Storm (or any X-Men outside Logan) outside the X-Men ecosystem then what needs to be done is a gradual transition, which takes time. The first step is carving a mythos and making it well known.

Meaning Storm needs villains that she especially relates to, concepts like her godhead that only she has access to, and supporting characters. Some of that stuff needs to introduced in the main X-Men books so potential buyers are familiar with them, similar to how stuff like Weapon X got introduced for Logan or how much of Cable's lore was established. Then instead of giving her a full solo and exiting her from the X-Office entirely, be consistent with minis and graphic novels to reach the direct/indirect market. Then pull the trigger on a full solo after Storm seems to have enough lore and buildup. Even then they shouldn't completely remove the X-Men aspect, as clearly that's something the current market values.
    storm solos have been uninspired honestly. we saw from Hickman storm giant size that a title with her name and focus on her can do well. it simply has to have the right creative team and storyline. she's popular but readers don't want the status quo of her being the token xmen, or at least I dont think they do. no telling these days.