Page 45 of 613 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I know its Marvel, Cates is having fun with the audience. The narration says this is a different universe.
    and its speaking specifically to gods, actual gods and what is required to power or strengthen them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and its speaking specifically to gods, actual gods and what is required to power or strengthen them.
    No, Superman, GL, BM... He is referencing them. Not in the strictest literal since, but metaphorically. Because the option is that hes having fun talking about DC heroes, or he created a universe that has gods whose powers and existence is exactly like DC.

No, Superman, GL, BM... He is referencing them. Not in the strictest literal since, but metaphorically. Because the option is that hes having fun talking about DC heroes, or he created a universe that has gods whose powers and existence is exactly like DC.
    who is the sun god?
    god of emerald light?
    god of dark?

he says they all are powered by faith... all the gods in the universe. you're taking something literal in the explanation of gods power in marvel and making it into something completely different. the writer isnt talking to DC superheros. not even metaphorically.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

who is the sun god?
    god of emerald light?
    god of dark?

he says they all are powered by faith... all the gods in the universe. you're taking something literal in the explanation of gods power in marvel and making it into something completely different. the writer isnt talking to DC superheros. not even metaphorically.
    Superman - Powered by the Sun
    Green Lantern - Green energy ring
    Batman- Dark is his thing.

The first image is Superman flying past the daily planet.

THe second panel has a Flash streak in it.

This is an image from DC
    Last edited by Cville; 01-25-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Superman - Powered by the Sun
    Green Lantern - Green energy ring
    Batman- Dark is his thing.

The first image is Superman flying past the daily planet.

THe second panel has a Flash streak in it.

This is an image from DC
    ok I see how you are now interpreting it. however, within this context its still around gods and what powers them, which is the faith of their believers.
    ultimately this faith wont save them, as even the gods or heroes will call on their gods to save them.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-25-2020 at 05:29 PM.

ok I see how you are now interpreting it. however, within this context its still around gods and what powers them, which is the faith of their believers.
    ultimately this faith wont save them, as even the gods or heroes will call on their gods to save them.
    I dont believe he means literally. People believe in Superman and the DC heroes, they have faith that they'll be able to save them. Even Conner Kent had a religion based around him at the end of Infinite Crisis. I believe Cates is referring to the faith people have in their heroes that dives them to save people. The same way people have an almost religious faith in All Might from My Hero. Their belief in him makes him work harder, but its not what powers him.

I dont believe he means literally. People believe in Superman and the DC heroes, they have faith that they'll be able to save them. Even Conner Kent had a religion based around him at the end of Infinite Crisis. I believe Cates is referring to the faith people have in their heroes that dives them to save people. The same way people have an almost religious faith in All Might from My Hero. Their belief in him makes him work harder, but its not what powers him.
    I think if he didnt mean it literally he would hsve simply described it as you did but he didnt. also there are other books, including from thor, that state gods require faith and prayer for their power. these scans just support the alteashy established precedent.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-25-2020 at 05:41 PM.

I think if he didnt mean it literally he would hsve simply described it as you did but he didnt. also there are other books, including from thor, that state gods require faith and prayer for their power. these scans just support the alteashy established precedent.

Coates doesnt count as that's what your using Thor #2 to justify. Neither of the other two say faith is where they get their powers. The first says being a god simply requires worshippers. In that since Magneto is one too as he seems to have a following as seen in DoX. The third image says Thir can hear prayers. It doesn't say that's where his power comes from.

Coates doesnt count as that's what your using Thor #2 to justify. Neither of the other two say faith is where they get their powers. The first says being a god simply requires worshippers. In that since Magneto is one too as he seems to have a following as seen in DoX. The third image says Thir can hear prayers. It doesn't say that's where his power comes from.
    how does it not count when it states asgardians need prayer. when thor himself has been brought back due to faith and prayer?

coates didnt pull what he did with storm out his arse. there was precedence there.

how does it not count when it states asgardians need prayer. when thor himself has been brought back due to faith and prayer?

coates didnt pull what he did with storm out his arse. there was precedence there.
    Isn't the woman narrating? How would she know for sure? Also I not familiar with the intricacies of Donald Blake Thor. Hes more like Thor light as he needs the stick to access his powers. I've seen him turn into Thor without anyone else around. But if you provide the issue number I might be able to find the arc.

Isn't the woman narrating? How would she know for sure? Also I not familiar with the intricacies of Donald Blake Thor. Hes more like Thor light as he needs the stick to access his powers. I've seen him turn into Thor without anyone else around. But if you provide the issue number I might be able to find the arc.
    thor has always had followers and believers. I believe this is from chaos war

This story also talks of the issue. The villain spent two issue talking about faith powering him, but when the rubber hit the road and he was losing, he through that out the window and he was just as powerful. I'd like to see this villain pop up more too.

This story also talks of the issue. The villain spent two issue talking about faith powering him, but when the rubber hit the road and he was losing, he through that out the window and he was just as powerful. I'd like to see this villain pop up more too.

that's none canon. sorry

BANNED

Yeah, Uovu is a good Villain. He definitely should come back. That was a cool fight. I’d like Storm to fight him again. Their fight was pretty cool her using Stormcaster to obliterate him was kinda funny.

In regards to your interpretation of the Scans earlier posted. I agree. Those Gods where clearly indirectly talking about the Justice League. I mean lol you can’t possibly miss that. But I thought it was cool. But to the topic I’m not sure where this is coming from but Thor doesn’t need prayer to power up. I mean go to any Thor thread and they’d tell you. Lol

But yes Bring back Uovu 2020 LOL if Coates knows what’s good he’d do it...

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, Uovu is a good Villain. He definitely should come back. That was a cool fight. I’d like Storm to fight him again. Their fight was pretty cool her using Stormcaster to obliterate him was kinda funny.

In regards to your interpretation of the Scans earlier posted. I agree. Those Gods where clearly indirectly talking about the Justice League. I mean lol you can’t possibly miss that. But I thought it was cool. But to the topic I’m not sure where this is coming from but Thor doesn’t need prayer to power up. I mean go to any Thor thread and they’d tell you. Lol

But yes Bring back Uovu 2020 LOL if Coates knows what’s good he’d do it...
    uovo is dead.
    non-canon
    thank you next

oh to your comment about thor all the scans I've provided including the one from the current thor states otherwise. thor as well as all other marvel gods require faith. I love when canon proves me right :*
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-25-2020 at 11:53 PM.