Page 47 of 613 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147547 ... LastLast

As for godhood in the MU, it mostly seems to revolve around the Demiurge and relationship to these Elder Gods.

The idea that Asgardians are really just strong aliens is more of a MCU thing than a 616 thing.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As for godhood in the MU, it mostly seems to revolve around the Demiurge and relationship to these Elder Gods.

The idea that Asgardians are really just strong aliens is more of a MCU thing than a 616 thing.
    Agreed. I thought most of the Asgardian gods (as well as many other Earth Pantheons) were descendants of the Elder-Goddess Gaia. Interestingly enough, Gaia is the sister to Oshtur in the MU .
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The narrative threads connecting them are exceedingly thin, but there is proof. You can focus on Ashake, her Egyptian ancestor, especially as depicted in the Mystic Arcana Magik series where she straight up is shown to worship/follow/work with Ma'at/Osthur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I believe it's only been confirmed in supplemental material like OHOTMU or some other such sources. But the Mystic Arcana series with Ashake was as good a confirmation as any I would think.
    yes thank you both I forgot about this connection.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm by Marcio Tomy.jpg

Found this on Facebook. It's truly divine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Storm by Marcio Tomy.jpg

People still love Ororo's wedding dress.

Storm by Marcio Tomy.jpg

by the bright lady freaking hadari yao! this is gorgeous!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would have to disagree on that one. Thor has 700+ issues of a solo comic that can be referenced to to point to any attributes of godhood. This is not taking any thing away from Storm, it's just simple fact.

Also, godhood in the Marvel U has been loosely defined over their history so there is no clear-cut definition one right way to be a god in the MU. Being worshipped isn't the onlything that makes you a god in the MU.

I think its understood though that gods of marvel (by default) do have worshippers and thus their power is always endowed to them. but to your point yes worship is not the only thing that makes you a god, as any man could be worshiped as one, but having the blood of divine within you allows that power to active. in the case of thor there are multiple stories that indicate he requires faith/prayer. even he was resurrected through the power of prayer. this faith or prayer is what affords ororo her ascension of godhead and from the scans from the newest issue of the this seems to be a commonality between all marvel gods.

Comics & Music Enthusiast NerdyDJ's Avatar

Dedicated a video to our goddess. Some cool and funny moments.

Comics & Music Enthusiast NerdyDJ's Avatar

Storm by Marcio Tomy.jpg

That is amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think its understood though that gods of marvel (by default) do have worshippers and thus their power is always endowed to them. but to your point yes worship is not the only thing that makes you a god, as any man could be worshiped as one, but having the blood of divine within you allows that power to active. in the case of thor there are multiple stories that indicate he requires faith/prayer. even he was resurrected through the power of prayer. this faith or prayer is what affords ororo her ascension of godhead and from the scans from the newest issue of the this seems to be a commonality between all marvel gods.
    But again, prayers are not the source of his powers. He can gain power through prayers but he's still powerful without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But again, prayers are not the source of his powers. He can gain power through prayers but he's still powerful without them.
    I get you. his god abilities is innate just as Ororo's. faith is simply a mode that amplifies this power. I'm aligned with you now.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyDJ View Post

oooh I cant wait to get off to watch!!! thank you for sharing!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

This was good. I liked him showing Ororo being unfazed by Cap wanting her to join the Avengers and Luke Cage crushing on her and T'Challa offering her as an Avenger to Cap as a sneaky way of keeping her with him in New York while he was running around playing hero in Hell's Kitchen.

Very Nice! You and I like some of the same moments (especially WAP, checking the senator and his goon, the superheating of the forest & scrambling Sinister’s brain). Great narration and and I laughed at some of the points I didn’t even catch, like her being unfazed at joining the premiere super team in the planet lol.

@thread - Read BP and loved it. Shuri has become such a compelling character for me. I enjoyed her exchange with BP and Symbiote Killmonger’s team recognizing the threat Storm represented. Not a bad line up for a regular team book With decent villains if they wanted to re-do BP/Crew style book.

Did not buy the Kitty solo aka The Marauders, but a friend sent me a couple of scans of Storm in the issue. Look like hse had a cool moment if lifting Donald Pierce in the air and then flying kicking him off the boat lol.

Come on February I need my Storm fix.