Page 112 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 9190

Why couldn't Storm's mutant power and goddess abilities be the same thing?

Also, today's event reminded me of this...

RCO022_1469641038.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Blame Coates. This is exactly why I said we are going to have problems telling the Difference between Omega Lvl Storm and Godhood Storm for this very example right here. I'm sure he probably did mean to display her Godhood, but the problem is we have SO many feats of Storm accomplishing things in Space and in different Environments to the point WHEN we see a Godhood Feat it's hard for use to separate the difference. I think SOME people(not me or Storm Fans, but OTHER Fans) could get tired of that constant reminder that she is a Goddess it's just like Iceman contentiously reminds readers that he is an Omega Lvl and everyone already knows it. Of Course today's Issue was a flex to her Godhood, but again since Coates has not done a good job of showing us the difference the delivery wasn't much impactful when I look back at the time Storm did her Galactic Core feat you know what I mean. I don't anyone is asking for all her feats to be huge display of power not sure what you mean. The strategy was good I just said this not to long ago If I had a Bigger Gun I would have used it and Shuri did.

Yeah, N'Jadaka has his 5 Galaxies, but who knows whatever Goddess Bast is planning could help. Not to mention we have the "Allies" Shuri recruited which are: Falcon, Spectrum, Misty Knight and Luke Cage so i'm waiting on how they will help.
    if plants growing rapidly at an exponential rate, her projecting her astral self across the galaxy and shuri literally stating that storm is a goddesss before doing the feat doesn't make it more clear this is goddees storm I'm not sure what will.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Just read Giant Size JG&EF.
    Worth picking up.
    Art is just gorgeous.

Overall thought. "...well Damn"

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

RCO022_1469641038.jpg
    it reminded me of that feat as well.

they could be the same but one operates on the natural realm while the other on the supernatural or divine side. remember when she tried to stop the unnatural sefako storms that's could talk her mutant powers were ineffectual.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Blame Coates. This is exactly why I said we are going to have problems telling the Difference between Omega Lvl Storm and Godhood Storm for this very example right here. I'm sure he probably did mean to display her Godhood, but the problem is we have SO many feats of Storm accomplishing things in Space and in different Environments to the point WHEN we see a Godhood Feat it's hard for use to separate the difference. I think SOME people(not me or Storm Fans, but OTHER Fans) could get tired of that constant reminder that she is a Goddess it's just like Iceman contentiously reminds readers that he is an Omega Lvl and everyone already knows it. Of Course today's Issue was a flex to her Godhood, but again since Coates has not done a good job of showing us the difference the delivery wasn't much impactful when I look back at the time Storm did her Galactic Core feat you know what I mean. I don't anyone is asking for all her feats to be huge display of power not sure what you mean. The strategy was good I just said this not to long ago If I had a Bigger Gun I would have used it and Shuri did.

Yeah, N'Jadaka has his 5 Galaxies, but who knows whatever Goddess Bast is planning could help. Not to mention we have the "Allies" Shuri recruited which are: Falcon, Spectrum, Misty Knight and Luke Cage so i'm waiting on how they will help.
    For BP not being Storm's book, I think Coates has done a decent job growing her, including her godhood, within its pages. We wanted a writer to make Ororo an officially-recognized goddess, not a sometime Thor hammer wielder. Coates did that and I think, overall, he did it well. The thing with Storm, as you mentioned, is that she is already freaking power, so it's probably a bit difficult for a writer to tease where one part of her powerset begins and the other end (Mutant, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess). And, if we can be a little fair to writers, we can't expect them to have read and/or retained decades' worth of materials on all of the characters they write.

So, now they are returning to Earth. So, yeah, as you said, we get to see the other heroes. BP #22 will likely pick up with T'Challa next issue and his allies.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-26-2020 at 11:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no. I'm asking when has storm ever made plants grow without water and at the rate she did in BP. plant manipulation is not a part of her powerset as a mutant. is this now clearer?

tapping into solar energy is not going to make plants suddenly grow beloved. there's something more a play as plants require more than just solar energy to grow especially at that rate. and again where has coates made one mention of her being omega the entire run?
    Much clearer thank you. next time be more clear with your questions because thats not what you asked. Now, to answer your question No growing Plants is NOT part of her power. But then again neither is creating Earthquakes and sensing plants apart of her power as well.

My Solar Energy comment was not in reference to the Plants growing, i'm talking about what she actually did to the solders. C'mon follow along please. I'm sure there was something more at than just making plants grow which is very random that is the ONLY thing you keep talking about is making plants grow. Not even acknowledging the part she was tapping into Energy the MAIN thing she did here.

I don't think Coates did make a mention of her being an Omega considering he keeps calling her the Hadari Yao and Goddess All the time. But if he did really quick let me see that scan of him saying Storm is an Omega lvl mutant.

I don't deny that Caotes was TRYING to hit the Godhood mark today. He was, but looking at what she actually did I mean that can categorized as Omega. Now, is that now Clearer?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    For BP not being Storm's book, I think Coates has done a decent job growing her, including her godhood, within its pages. We wanted a writer to make Ororo an official-recognized goddess, not some a sometime Thor hammer wielder. Coates did that and I think, overall, he did it well. The thing with Storm, as you mentioned, is that she is already freaking power, so it's probably a bit difficult for a writer to tease where one part of her powerset begins and end. And, if we can be a little fair to writers, we can't expect them to have read and/or retained decades' worth of materials on all of the characters they write.

So, now they are returning to Earth. So, yeah, as you said, we get to see the other heroes. BP #22 will likely pick up with T'Challa next issue and his allies.
    exactly. coates has done the most for this character than any writer has before the Hickman era. instead of taking it at face value the stuff he has done is being credited to what hickman has done under his watch and I don't think thats fair. if omega was said then you could argue its omega. it wouldn't even be up for debate but that's not the case.

BANNED

im worried for ororo, but since she has her own issue + children of the vault is a recurring story, im not worried

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

RCO022_1469641038.jpg
    That would be a BAD IDEA to make her Godhood powers and her Regular Powers one in the same. Yikes.

Nice referrence.
    if plants growing rapidly at an exponential rate, her projecting her astral self across the galaxy and shuri literally stating that storm is a goddesss before doing the feat doesn't make it more clear this is goddees storm I'm not sure what will.

Shuri did not call Storm a Goddess before nor after she did the feat. She called her Ororo, it was Akili that called her "Goddess". Stop making stuff up. If tapping into "Fields of Energy" something you can't compare to her other Feats instead just focusing on Plants(which isn't the main attack she did) then I don't know what else to say to you....

Much clearer thank you. next time be more clear with your questions because thats not what you asked. Now, to answer your question No growing Plants is NOT part of her power. But then again neither is creating Earthquakes and sensing plants apart of her power as well.

My Solar Energy comment was not in reference to the Plants growing, i'm talking about what she actually did to the solders. C'mon follow along please. I'm sure there was something more at than just making plants grow which is very random that is the ONLY thing you keep talking about is making plants grow. Not even acknowledging the part she was tapping into Energy the MAIN thing she did here.

I don't think Coates did make a mention of her being an Omega considering he keeps calling her the Hadari Yao and Goddess All the time. But if he did really quick let me see that scan of him saying Storm is an Omega lvl mutant.

I don't deny that Caotes was TRYING to hit the Godhood mark today. He was, but looking at what she actually did I mean that can categorized as Omega. Now, is that now Clearer?
    it was a typo love I'm doing this from a cellphone. anyway...

earthquakes can be explained when you understand her powerset. earth, water, air, all contain atoms which contain within them electrons. she theoretically could and should be able to manipulate earth from this. that said, controlling energy is not going to cause the plants to accelerate in growth like they did this issue. those are two different things happening.

the only way I think you can classify this as omega is if you can now claim she has the ability to manipulate plants as a part of that classification. I dont think Hickman would agree that her abilities as omega would including being a plant manipulator.

That would be a BAD IDEA to make her Godhood powers and her Regular Powers one in the same. Yikes.

Nice referrence.

Shuri did not call Storm a Goddess before nor after she did the feat. She called her Ororo, it was Akili that called her "Goddess". Stop making stuff up. If tapping into "Fields of Energy" something you can't compare to her other Feats instead just focusing on Plants(which isn't the main attack she did) then I don't know what else to say to you....

akili did though boo. so my point still stands deary.

These issues both were so amazing to me as a storm fan!!! I simply have been blown away by how great they both were. Coates and Hickman truly outdid themselves. Coates expounded on the power that is the goddess and showed just how dangerous she can be while doing yoga bitches!!! Hickman showed us the beauty and power of Ororos mind. We saw glimpses of those things she values through several past events in canon. That was something I truly valued the most from the issue but we also saw her strength in will to resist Jean and Emma in the way she did. And the art was AMAZING!!! I couldnt ask for anything more!!!

when has Weather manipulating storm been able to cause plants to grow at the rate at which they did? How would her power as a mutant even allow that ?

I respectfully disagree. I most definitely think her mutant abilities could replicate the same thing we saw with the attacks on the ship; however, I dont think it takes away from what occurred. The plants- to me at least - clearly is the indicator there is something more going on than just her mutant power .

Show them your yoga power, gurl!

As for the plants, I mean, it could be a matter of her goddess-nature, or it could be a facet of her ability to sense and manipulate lifeforce. Marisol is a another mutant that can expedite plant growth, so it's not like no mutants can do it. Certainly Ororo has not been shown to make plants grow unnaturally before(except for that alternate universe in Dazzler's X-Treme, where she was a real goddess and made plants grow instantly and made that version of Emma a goddess as a boon for helping free her from that universe's Xavier), but it could be a new facet of her omega abilities. As is typical of Coates, he leaves it unclear for now.

I liked the Giant Size issue, it was neat and pretty. Hopefully Ororo's solo issue at the end will give her a more active role, but I loved seeing her mental defenses in action!

The X-Men issue was fascinating, brought up a lot of good questions that many of us have been wondering about. I guess this all means the Giant Size stories are set a little ahead of the main books, and that the FF crossover a set a bit back in the timeline(with both Kate and Ororo active in that story). Nice to get a solid number of the mutant population again after all this back and forth the last few decades. Just over 210,000. That feels about what it should have been before the whole Morrison run complicated things with the millions and millions. Still very precarious, though, in terms of a population. A small city.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Show them your yoga power, gurl!

As for the plants, I mean, it could be a matter of her goddess-nature, or it could be a facet of her ability to sense and manipulate lifeforce. Marisol is a another mutant that can expedite plant growth, so it's not like no mutants can do it. Certainly Ororo has not been shown to make plants grow unnaturally before(except for that alternate universe in Dazzler's X-Treme, where she was a real goddess and made plants grow instantly and made that version of Emma a goddess as a boon for helping free her from that universe's Xavier), but it could be a new facet of her omega abilities. As is typical of Coates, he leaves it unclear for now.

I liked the Giant Size issue, it was neat and pretty. Hopefully Ororo's solo issue at the end will give her a more active role, but I loved seeing her mental defenses in action!

The X-Men issue was fascinating, brought up a lot of good questions that many of us have been wondering about. I guess this all means the Giant Size stories are set a little ahead of the main books, and that the FF crossover a set a bit back in the timeline(with both Kate and Ororo active in that story). Nice to get a solid number of the mutant population again after all this back and forth the last few decades. Just over 210,000. That feels about what it should have been before the whole Morrison run complicated things with the millions and millions. Still very precarious, though, in terms of a population. A small city.
    I was waiting to here your thoughts here. Before I get to them I love that you linked to a video of the woman who may play storm in the mcu lol.

Agreed there are mutants who can do this but from what we understand of Ororo being an energy manipulator who controls the weather when has plant manipulation ever been seen? It hasn't and even as an omega level mutant that detail wouldnt fall under that umbrella. Also, I like that you made the reference to her alternate form doing this and making mention she was a goddess in that timeline as well (which in a way supports the oont shes using her godhead abilities in bp). Nevertheless, to conclude this is a facet of her omega level abilities when 1.) coated has never made mention to this in his run, and 2.) omega level weather manipulation has nothing to do with plant manipulation makes this a huge stretch

I loved seeing her mental defenses in action too. Hickman says awesome. I haven't read Xmen yet. will read this later.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-26-2020 at 12:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    For BP not being Storm's book, I think Coates has done a decent job growing her, including her godhood, within its pages. We wanted a writer to make Ororo an officially-recognized goddess, not a sometime Thor hammer wielder. Coates did that and I think, overall, he did it well. The thing with Storm, as you mentioned, is that she is already freaking power, so it's probably a bit difficult for a writer to tease where one part of her powerset begins and the other end (Mutant, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess). And, if we can be a little fair to writers, we can't expect them to have read and/or retained decades' worth of materials on all of the characters they write.

I'm not denying that Fact about what Coates has been doing. I'm not as Picky about her having a hammer or actual Godhood as some Storm Fans are here, but that's cool. Yup he did good job. Honestly, IMO it really shouldn't be that hard to separate that. Honestly, when I look at other Heroes and their power lvls and their secret Modes how is it for Storm it's just TOO HARD. No, No excuses. Writers are supposed to know their source material and the characters they write. You can go on an interview and be like "OH YEAH, I love the X-men man!! I loved Claremonts Run I grew up on that." And then barely show that you know anything from Claremonts run is....well pitiful LOL. But yeah sure lets be fair to writers I don't mind.

Yeah, back to Earth let's see what happens.

I can point to a few difference in Storm Mutant vs Storm Goddess

Storm Omega Mutant: Cant manipulate plants, can't control unnatural storms, cant affect adversary with her powers, cant use faith as a source of power.

Storm Goddess: Can do all the things above.

I'm sure more to come as we continue to read.