Page 113 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2724
  1. #1681
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    akili did though boo. so my point still stands deary.
    I just corrected you that Shuri didn't say Goddess at all, to which your actually point was that Shuri did. That's not True. Then I tell you it was only Akili(Which you didn't know until I just said it) now your switching your tune LOL to save your point.
    So, no your point doesn't stand.

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was a typo love I'm doing this from a cellphone. anyway...

    earthquakes can be explained when you understand her powerset. earth, water, air, all contain atoms which contain within them electrons. she theoretically could and should be able to manipulate earth from this. that said, controlling energy is not going to cause the plants to accelerate in growth like they did this issue. those are two different things happening.

    the only way I think you can classify this as omega is if you can now claim she has the ability to manipulate plants as a part of that classification. I dont think Hickman would agree that her abilities as omega would including being a plant manipulator.
    So how do you explain the times when Storm was able to sense a dying Tree?

    I think the problem is that you keep focusing to much on the plants and not actually what she did which is the reason why it's being compared to being a Omega feat.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-26-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  2. #1682
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    You point doesn't stand. Because you're wrong when you said it was Shuri, but now your trying save your point after I said Akili said it first. And that was BEFORE Storm's feat.

    So, no your point doesn't stand.
    coates through akili made mention of ororo being a goddees prior to us seeing her perform her feat. my point most definitely stands. check the images that dropped in the preview if you forgot.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #1683
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Storm has always been Goddess First Mutant second.

    Before Chris Clearmont Selene there was Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum Ororo :The Goddess of Life and the Elements.

    She was born with White hair Blue eyes first. It was only later her Mutant gift manifest.

  4. #1684
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    coates through akili made mention of ororo being a goddees prior to us seeing her perform her feat. my point most definitely stands. check the images that dropped in the preview if you forgot.
    LOL Now you're trying to cover up. That is NOT what you said. You said and I Quote "shuri literally stating that storm is a goddesss before doing the feat" that is not true. Your point does not stand becuase you just a few min ago just made up something and NOW your trying to change it after the fact I corrected you saying it was Akili AFTER Storm did her feat.

    I think you need to go back and check what you actually said.....
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  5. #1685
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Trying to wrap my head around today's BP. How much of what she did was a feat. Was it due to how many ship there was ,their size, distance, ? Or the fact she pulled this stunt in space? The plants?

  6. #1686
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I just corrected you that Shuri didn't say Goddess at all, to which your actually point was that Shuri did. That's not True. Then I tell you it was only Akili(Which you didn't know until I just said it) now your switching your tune LOL to save your point.
    So, no your point doesn't stand.



    So how do you explain the times when Storm was able to sense a dying Tree?

    I think the problem is that you keep focusing to much on the plants and not actually what she did which is the reason why it's being compared to being a Omega feat.
    storm has always had an emphatic relationship to the planet and living things that resides on it. this is why she was rejected when returned from space and felt "cold" when attempting to use her powers. That said even with this rapport she still wasnt able to directly manipulate the plant life or the tree she sensed dying.

    Ororo performed multiple acts that fall within her powerset and others that didnt in today's issue of BP. Just because she is in goddess mode doesnt mean she cant use her powers as she normally would. I think that is the part you are missing. However, you cant give her feats that dont fall under her normal powerset simply because she did other things that. Controlling plants are not a part of her normal mutant level powerset and Yoga also referenced an alternate version where goddess storm was able to manipulate plants. just saying
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #1687
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Trying to wrap my head around today's BP. How much of what she did was a feat. Was it due to how many ship there was ,their size, distance, ? Or the fact she pulled this stunt in space? The plants?
    Just read butterflykyss spoilers. Thanks it kinda helps.i didn't think she was EMPing them . I thought she physically taking control of their climate which is their life support.

  8. #1688
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL Now you're trying to cover up. That is NOT what you said. You said and I Quote "shuri literally stating that storm is a goddesss before doing the feat" that is not true. Your point does not stand becuase you just a few min ago just made up something and NOW your trying to change it after the fact I corrected you saying it was Akili AFTER Storm did her feat.

    I think you need to go back and check what you actually said.....
    who said it does matter. what matters is that she was described as such before using her powers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #1689
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Just read butterflykyss spoilers. Thanks it kinda helps.i didn't think she was EMPing them . I thought she physically taking control of their climate which is their life support.
    yes boo you're welcome. I dont think it was emp. I saw it as directly affecting the climate within the vessels. that's why she talks about microclimates I believe.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #1690
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

    Ororo performed multiple acts that fall within her powerset and others that didnt in today's issue of BP. Just because she is in goddess mode doesnt mean she cant use her powers as she normally would. I think that is the part you are missing. However, you cant give her feats that dont fall under her normal powerset simply because she did other things that. Controlling plants are not a part of her normal mutant level powerset and Yoga also referenced an alternate version where goddess storm was able to manipulate plants. just saying
    I understand growing plants isn't part of her power set we ALL know that. But what she actually did can be categorized as something else other than Godhood.

    This goes BACK to my intial point. People who want to categorize this feat as Omega or Godhood wouldn't be wrong in their Decision because I can see how they would think it can be whichever they choose. And their answer is acceptable. That's what you're missing.


    You know what forget it. Sure, Kyss whatever you say.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-26-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  11. #1691
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes boo you're welcome. I dont think it was emp. I saw it as directly affecting the climate within the vessels. that's why she talks about microclimates I believe.
    I hoping she was going to rip the atmosphere from the ships to therefore come apart and be destroyed, but hey. And as great as it was it seem kinda useless when he just summoned a whole new set like it was nothing.

  12. #1692
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I understand growing plants isn't part of her power set we ALL know that. But what she actually did can be categorized as something else other than Godhood.

    This goes BACK to my intial point. People who want to categorize this feat as Omega or Godhood wouldn't be wrong in their Decision because I can see how they would think it can be whichever they choose. And their answer is acceptable. That's what you're missing.
    I can't argue with this , but I do want to point out she she has empathic relationship to plant and animals. To the point she can sense dying trees cause animals to flees certain areas. Made earthquakes and volcanoes erupt.
    I don't see Storm getting all poison ivy on us. But I wouldn't bat an eye if trees started bearing fruit and flowers blooms at her present.

  13. #1693
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I understand growing plants isn't part of her power set we ALL know that. But what she actually did can be categorized as something else other than Godhood.

    This goes BACK to my intial point. People who want to categorize this feat as Omega or Godhood wouldn't be wrong in their Decision because I can see how they would think it can be whichever they choose. And their answer is acceptable. That's what you're missing.


    You know what forget it. Sure, Kyss whatever you say.
    what can it be categorized as exactly? what in her powerset as an omega mutant would allow her to grow plants without watering them? we seen her many times talk to her plants, water them when they are thirsty, and as you said even sense when they die. But when has she manipulated them?

    You can have godhead encompass omega stuff but not vice verse. Sefako/Adversary has already proven this point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #1694
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I hoping she was going to rip the atmosphere from the ships to therefore come apart and be destroyed, but hey. And as great as it was it seem kinda useless when he just summoned a whole new set like it was nothing.
    let me make an amendment to my previous summary. I originally thought she shut done the power to the ships causing the life support system to be loss. but I think that is incorrect. I believe what happened as you allowed to is that she essentially took control of the individual environments making it hot while removing the things they needed to sustain their life support, which is why they were unable to breathe.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I can't argue with this , but I do want to point out she she has empathic relationship to plant and animals. To the point she can sense dying trees cause animals to flees certain areas. Made earthquakes and volcanoes erupt.
    I don't see Storm getting all poison ivy on us. But I wouldn't bat an eye if trees started bearing fruit and flowers blooms at her present.
    exactly and having this relationship of an empath allows for her to feel their emotions. it has nothing to do with the literal manipulation them as she does the weather.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-26-2020 at 01:16 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #1695
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Trying to wrap my head around today's BP. How much of what she did was a feat. Was it due to how many ship there was ,their size, distance, ? Or the fact she pulled this stunt in space? The plants?

    For me, it's everything you mentioned. I would've, however, liked more panels to show the breadth of what she did. It shifted too quickly to N'Jadaka opening portals for more of his ships to come through. Because that transition happened so quickly, I felt I wasn't given enough time to let the magnitude of what Ororo did sink in. It was no small feat but it almost came off as such with the fast response of ten (or however many) more ships.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •