Page 203 of 613 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. She was. 1st issue towards the End of the issue. Presented Below:

And Yes. Screaming "AHHH!!!" means your hurt.

Attachment 95664

2. That's true. But you can't lie or deny that towards the End of the Book Storm started to get her confidence back. The reason you don't believe it and give no favors is because you hate the Book. I do too. But we can not deny the Truth when it's staring us in the face. No, matter how bad that book was. She got her Mojo back at the end of that Terrible Run.

3. Her being a Goddess does change her status quo. I'm not sure how it doesn't. Also, she wasn't a real God before. She's never harness Divine Energy Before. Based on my Definition you are Incorrect. As I have explained in the previous response and this one. Her status Quo has changed due to her being a God.

1. where does it state that the blasts were electrical based? the writer gives zero indication as to if the blast was concussive, neurological, laser, etc. You've concluded that based on your interpretation and opinions which doesnt make it fact.

2. I would disagree she got her confidence back. Hammertime was meant to showcase her limits and highlight her inability to get things done except in the presence of the hammer:

the hammer in many ways restored the confidence she lost and without it so went her confidence as shown above.

3. you said if it doesnt change the status quo it's not development. her goddess stuff is pretty much contained to the BP books. so based upon your statement her becoming a goddess is not development.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-17-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    1. She was. 1st issue towards the End of the issue. Presented Below:

And Yes. Screaming "AHHH!!!" means your hurt.

Attachment 95664

Can Sentinels (or are they RoboCops) produce lightning? When I read the issue, I assumed they hit her with some kind of energy blast.
    yup exactly. she was not hit with lightning so I'm not sure how one can conclude coates removed her immunity to lightning.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-17-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

In regards of the Wonder Woman vs Storm thing from the 90s kyss mentioned, that overall matchup didn't make much sense. Storm will always be wifey but diana that's a whole different beast like she's basically a god killer and storm is too soft and tender to take a hit from those hands our girl is still human at the end of the day, I can understand the xmen were popular in the 90s and all but maybe it wasn't a good idea to have the fans decide who won and don't get me started on Wolverine vs Lobo cause that matchup was full fan bias on ole fur faces part. I was born in 97 so I didnt witness that era of comics but man looking at that story on Comicsexplained YT channel that whole story seemed like a total fuster cluck. not a fan of the hero vs hero complex either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    In regards of the Wonder Woman vs Storm thing from the 90s kyss mentioned, that overall matchup didn't make much sense. Storm will always be wifey but diana that's a whole different beast like she's basically a god killer and storm is too soft and tender to take a hit from those hands our girl is still human at the end of the day, I can understand the xmen were popular in the 90s and all but maybe it wasn't a good idea to have the fans decide who won and don't get me started on Wolverine vs Lobo cause that matchup was full fan bias on ole fur faces part. I was born in 97 so I didnt witness that era of comics but man looking at that story on Comicsexplained YT channel that whole story seemed like a total fuster cluck. not a fan of the hero vs hero complex either.
    I know you dont like hero vs hero thing but you dont see any scenario where Ororo could beat Diana?

though I'm inclined to agree ororo cant take any of diana punches and or grabs I do think she has some tricks that would allow for her to take out diana.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I know you dont like hero vs hero thing but you dont see any scenario where Ororo could beat Diana?

though I'm inclined to agree ororo cant take any of diana punches and or grabs I do think she has some tricks that would allow for her to take out diana.
    the only way I could see Ro lasting in a serious fight against Diana is to try and keep her distance at far range but beating Diana I cant say she'd be able to. Not to lowball Ororo but WW is waaayy too battle tested and has taken on some major heavies and is in a totally different weight class, Its no disrespect at all but Ro would have to take an L on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    the only way I could see Ro lasting in a serious fight against Diana is to try and keep her distance at far range but beating Diana I cant say she'd be able to. Not to lowball Ororo but WW is waaayy too battle tested and has taken on some major heavies and is in a totally different weight class, Its no disrespect at all but Ro would have to take an L on this one.
    of course I dont think you were trying to lowball her. diana has some amazing feats and I've seen enough of them to know that you make a valid point as it relates to ororos durability. however, a lot of my thoughts were changed when I came across a few scans showing her susceptibility to the weather and specifically lightning:

I think canonically from dc there are some positions that could be made which could allow a victory for ororo.

BANNED

[QUOTE=GuiltyPleasure;4936294]

I got you. Is Storm "supposed" to be immune to electricity? Honestly, I think that goes back to our conversation about her durability. Some characters who can wield elemental power are immune to that element, whereas others are not. Ororo seems to fit into the category of characters who hasn't been shown, at least consistently, to be immune to the elements she can manipulate.
    Storm's Immunity among the Storm Fans is 50/50. Some believe she is and some believe she is HIGHLY Resistant.

In Storm's Solo, she basically told us that Electric Based attacks no longer harms her anymore. IMO I think Storm is extremely resistant, not Immune. But it's very possible that she probably is Immune to such Elements.
    1. where does it state that the blasts were electrical based? the writer gives zero indication as to if the blast was concussive, neurological, laser, etc. You've concluded that based on your interpretation and opinions which doesnt make it fact.

2. I would disagree she got her confidence back. Hammertime was meant to showcase her limits and highlight her inability to get things done except in the presence of the hammer:

the hammer in many ways restored the confidence she lost and without it so went her confidence as shown above.

3. you said if it doesnt change the status quo it's not development. her goddess stuff is pretty much contained to the BP books. so based upon your statement her becoming a goddess is not development.
    1. That's a good point. However, Based on the fact Manifold was attack by Americops just like Storm was. And was hit with what sounds like a Electric Attack "ZZZAP!!!" The same can be said for Storm when she was attacked. Unless you can prove that the Americops can project other forms of Energy other than Shocking people. Then your argument works. If you can't then Storm and Manifold were Shocked by Americops.

2. You've just made my point as to why towards the End of X-Men Gold Storm starts to get her Mojo back. Either you agree or not it started in X-Men Gold Unfortunately.

3. You are still Incorrect. I'll say it again: "Character development is when a character undergoes a change that challenges their status quo" that's what I said. Storm becoming an actual Goddess is Character Development. She has undergone a change to her character. Before all this Storm was not referred to as the Hadari Yao. She was not a God. She couldn't Manifest Divine Energy. Until Today. What you was saying is incorrect.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-17-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Umm, not really. She looks like a vampire.
    Sjsjsj let me enjoy this
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Storm's Immunity among the Storm Fans is 50/50. Some believe she is and some believe she is HIGHLY Resistant.

In Storm's Solo, she basically told us that Electric Based attacks no longer harms her anymore. IMO I think Storm is extremely resistant, not Immune. But it's very possible that she probably is Immune to such Elements.

1. That's a good point. However, Based on the fact Manifold was attack by Americops just like Storm was. And was hit with what sounds like a Electric Attack "ZZZAP!!!" The same can be said for Storm when she was attacked. Unless you can prove that the Americops can project other forms of Energy other than Shocking people. Then your argument works. If you can't then Storm and Manifold were Shocked by Americops.

2. You've just made my point as to why towards the End of X-Men Gold Storm starts to get her Mojo back. Either you agree or not it started in X-Men Gold Unfortunately.

3. You are still Incorrect. I'll say it again: "Character development is when a character undergoes a change that challenges their status quo" that's what I said. Storm becoming an actual Goddess is Character Development. She has undergone a change to her character. Before all this Storm was not referred to as the Hadari Yao. She was not a God. She couldn't Manifest Divine Energy. Until Today. So, what your saying is wrong and incorrect.

1. "zap" doesn't mean there is any electricity involved. the same word has been used to described cyclops optic blast. I'm sure there are many other examples outside of this:

2. Her mojo was lost in Gold. Her mojo was restored when she started appearing in Black Panther and then later in BP and the Crew. And how does her running to her hammer indicate her mojo is back when she is relying on a crutch to feel powerful and relevant?

3. Her being around more black people does change her status quo because she was not prior to coates.

Her being around humanity as it relates to the struggles of Harlem does change her status quo as she had little to no ties to the city prior to coates. these both are changes to the character. it may not be changes you appreciate or find important (which I disagree with) but they are still developmental changes to her character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-17-2020 at 04:57 PM.

BANNED

1. "zap" doesn't mean there is any electricity involved. the same word has been used to described cyclops optic blast. I'm sure there are many other examples outside of this:

2. Her mojo was lost in Gold. Her mojo was restored when she started appearing in Black Panther and then later in BP and the Crew. And how does her running to her hammer indicate her mojo is back when she is relying on a crutch to feel powerful and relevant?

3. Her being around more black people does change her status quo because she was not prior to coates.

Her being around humanity as it relates to the struggles of Harlem does change her status quo as she had little to no ties to the city prior to coates. these both are changes to the character. it may not be changes you appreciate or find important (which I disagree with) but they are still developmental changes to her character.
    1. Yeah, I'm sure there are many examples. But "ZZZAP" and "FZZZT" are more commonly known as electricity. And there are many examples to this as well.

2. Storm's Confidence, her Mojo was slowly starting to come back in Gold. It was not restored in Black Panther and it was not restored in BP&C. She acted as a Team Member and a supporting Cast for those two books. Storm was also a supporting Cast and Team Member in Gold. Now, to your question as: "running to her hammer indicate her mojo is back when she is relying on a crutch to feel powerful and relevant?". The answer is very simple. She felt powerless it's just like you said in the Events of IVX. Storm wasn't confident in her abilities to lead and gave over Leadership to Kitty. The Hammer signified power. Hence why you just said earlier: "the hammer in many ways restored the confidence she lost and without it so went her confidence as shown above." Then at the End of the Story Storm realizes she doesn't need the hammer anymore. Thus we get into X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men were Storm is back to herself.

3. Her being around Black People does not change her status quo. Coates did nothing, but used her background of Harlem to put her on a Team with Street Levelers -_- And if i'm not mistaken a lot people were not happy with that.

Again that doesn't change her status quo. This goes back to the definition I just gave. If Coates made Storm the "Hero of Harlem" where she is only stationed in Harlem to protect the People. That is a change of status quo. And then your argument actually works. It's not what I appreciate or what I or you find important. It's the catalyst of why a character is changing from what they used to be. You have a right to disagree, but that doesn't change that fact that your 2 examples of Character Development are not the same.

1. Yeah, I'm sure there are many examples. But "ZZZAP" and "FZZZT" are more commonly known as electricity. And there are many examples to this as well.

2. Storm's Confidence, her Mojo was slowly starting to come back in Gold. It was not restored in Black Panther and it was not restored in BP&C. She acted as a Team Member and a supporting Cast for those two books. Storm was also a supporting Cast and Team Member in Gold. Now, to your question as: "running to her hammer indicate her mojo is back when she is relying on a crutch to feel powerful and relevant?". The answer is very simple. She felt powerless it's just like you said in the Events of IVX. Storm wasn't confident in her abilities to lead and gave over Leadership to Kitty. The Hammer signified power. Hence why you just said earlier: "the hammer in many ways restored the confidence she lost and without it so went her confidence as shown above." Then at the End of the Story Storm realizes she doesn't need the hammer anymore. Thus we get into X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men were Storm is back to herself.

3. Her being around Black People does not change her status quo. Coates did nothing, but used her background of Harlem to put her on a Team with Street Levelers -_- And if i'm not mistaken a lot people were not happy with that.

Again that doesn't change her status quo. This goes back to the definition I just gave. If Coates made Storm the "Hero of Harlem" where she is only stationed in Harlem to protect the People. That is a change of status quo. And then your argument actually works. It's not what I appreciate or what I or you find important. It's the catalyst of why a character is changing from what they used to be. You have a right to disagree, but that doesn't change that fact that your 2 examples of Character Development are not the same.
    1. the cyclops scans debunks your point. again there is zero proof that the beans used by those bots were electrical. it could be but it could also simply be any other energy type as well. ultimately you cant use that scan to definitively state coates got rid of her immunity to lightning. now Taylor from xmen red? that's a different story.

2. what????? she fought adversary and beat him. she told tchalla she wouldnt be wakanda queen again? how then can you conclude based upon that alone her confidence wasnt restored? let's try a different angle. what issue specifically did coates write her where she didnt have her confidence? maybe I'm misinterpreting one of the issues that led up to her fight to adversary.

3. absolutely incorrect. he used Harlem as a common theme to connect all these different players. ororo visiting harlem during the outback era and fighting for their causes so much so that they began to call her blue has nothing to do with street levelers and everything with building her stock amongst people who look like her. you may not think much of that but that is a change of status quo for a mutant who was said to be nothing more than the xmen canonically.

Ultimate Member

I think the issue with stuff like that is what VERSION of both do you go by?

Movie, cartoon or comic versions or do you combine them to be one canon version and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the issue with stuff like that is what VERSION of both do you go by?

Movie, cartoon or comic versions or do you combine them to be one canon version and go from there.
    I'm going for just comics. because movie ww mop the floor with movie storm.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Sjsjsj let me enjoy this

LOL. I'm sorry, but it's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the red cape. And this is coming from a person who loves black and red combo.

LOL. I'm sorry, but it's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the red cape. And this is coming from a person who loves black and red combo.
    X-treme really ate tf out of the black and red combo and we love to see it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡