Page 534 of 613 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't have links for my art(not ready for that yet) but I can post a few pics.

Attachment 101875

Iron Fist

Attachment 101876

BP

Attachment 101877

Namor
    those are nice marvell!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm gonna be sick...

lolololol. you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Neither said that she was not a goddess. The prophecy simply said she was "once a goddess" and Storm said she was called a goddess in Marauders. Neither statement denies her being a goddess and neither really speaks to her current status either. As a matter of fact, given the fact that this seems to be a character defining journey for Storm, everything seems to just be recalling her past status particularly those in which she was responsible for the lives of others. Which in my opinion, could be setting the scene for what may come next. (This does not deny at all your statement about the goddess thing potentially not happening lol)

I do see your point in that "once a goddess" could be interpreted as she is no longer a goddess (and who knows given her treatment throughout X history this could be true) but it could also mean that she no longer plays the role of a goddess in which, like in her former days, her only role and task was to provide for her people (those who believed in her locally) as a goddess. She may still have the power and divinity of a goddess, but she isn't necessarily in that sole position anymore. Also, with that being paired with once a queen, perhaps this is speaking to the fact that Storm may have to walk into a new type of position that causes her to fully commit to some other form of leadership similarly to her days of being a goddess and her days of being a queen. Even the Marauders episode kept hinting that Storm's role as a protector super seeds her other leadership roles.

As far as speculations continue, one of my questions/theories is if, in fact, they may be setting up a deeper connection between Storm and Death (the horseman) that will impact her role on Krakoa, Wakanda, and the wider Marvel Universe. I wonder because this is the third direct reference between Storm and Death. The first was the whole Giant X-Men Storm saga, in which Storm talks about the importance of life even when facing death. (There is also the whole tech thing which I think sets up another possible dichotomy for the Storm mythos related to another idea presented lol clearly I've been thinking too much about this lol). The second is the Maurauders cover, where Storm is dancing with Death. I do take note that it's a romantic dance... Of course, it's a cover and could be misleading and mean nothing but here we are (lol). Finally, there is this card, which is the card of Death. Death is missing and Storm is sitting on the horse that death usually sits. Surely, this means more for her than Death but being that Death is a character in the story, I do wonder.

Another thing that makes me curious are the parallels I see between the Storm/Death pairing and the Apocalypse/Genesis relationship. (Both Storm and Genesis seem to be "life" related while Apocalypse and Death are more associated with well "death".) That combined with the seemingly redemptive nature of this saga and it's focus on reconnecting (Apocalypse/Genesis, Krakao/Arrako) it just makes me wonder. I will admit that I am very excited about the possibilities for Storm and I haven't been that way for a long time in regards to the XBooks. I've had many theories, most of which were wrong and will probably continue to be lol, but unlike that past, each story she's in keeps providing exciting hints as to what may be in store. If they end up dropping all of that just to retread old ground then that would be a shame and even expected. But honestly, right now, they seem to be laying the foundation for exciting things with the character which hasn't happened in the XBooks for a long time.

Other things I'm curious about...In the Marauder book the flashback sequence starts with Storm and her roles and then seemlessly segues into the history of Skybreaker. Given the language of the retelling I wonder how deliberate and important that may be. Storm calling Skybreaker her sword is also curious (not sure if she is claiming ownership of Skybreaker or if she's saying it's the sword she needs but part of me feels like this statement is potentially very important). Also, the way she talks about protecting her people is curious considering that she states multiple times that she is doing this in the best interest of Krakoa and Wakanda (both of which are "her people"). Perhaps she is not denying her role to either and how that role is bigger than any of her current definitions. I don't know. Not many of the XMen stories has had my head running about with possibilities like this one has in a long time and for that, it's currently a win for this storyline.
    Coates made it pretty clear that her gift of godhead goes much deeper than her mutation. it would be akin to them writing "storm was once black." her being worshipped as one or not wouldn't change that. nevertheless, im not really interested in what the xoffices are doing but I hope you enjoy it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    those are nice marvell!!!
    Thanks BK. This is one I did of Shuri From Most Dangerous Man Alive.

Shuri Color 2.jpg

Below is an original BP.

Black Panther with Spear of Bashenga.jpg

I'm really working towards more original stuff but I'm very nit-picky of my own work. if it doesn't look right I keep re-doing it over and over and over.

Astonishing Member

Coates made it pretty clear that her gift of godhead goes much deeper than her mutation. it would be akin to them writing "storm was once black." her being worshipped as one or not wouldn't change that. nevertheless, im not really interested in what the xoffices are doing but I hope you enjoy it.
    Theoretically speaking there can be a relationship between her godhead and mutation while still keeping them separate. We've seen in its raw, uncontrolled state it manifests itself through weather manipulation. If it is indeed a blessing as Coates implies then maybe she can only contain this power because of her X-gene. Maybe a regular human body can't handle the power of an Elder God.

And to Sdawg's point I'm interested in Storm's relationship to Skybreaker. The sword seems tailor made to work well with her powers and the lack of any references to Bast could mean another heavenly god gave it the mystical properties. Maybe the previous Hadari Yao or an ancestor of Storm? If Annihilation is actually some kind of evil Elder God or Many-Angled One, Storm having a weapon blessed by the Bright Lady or one of her Windriders could be interesting. There's potential to do interesting stuff.

Spectacular Member

I would argue it's a bit different. Storm is a goddess. It's part of the fabric of her being. But being a goddess is also a role. And she hasn't consistently been that in the capacity she once was for a long time. Even when she says "I was once called goddess" I believe she is acknowledging this. That's what I think the quote is about. She was once a goddess and she was once a queen. She played both of those roles for mankind. So as I said earlier, I don't think it has to be interpreted to mean that she isn't a goddess.

Spectacular Member

Sorry double post

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    That's why I'm curious about next week's Marauders. That's when we will see the dynamics between the swordbearers, and some Storm/Death interaction. But a few things to note. In stasis, we see Death and Famine breaking into a temple and stealing a sacred sword, which is parallel to Storm breaking into Wakanda's weapons chamber and stealing their sacred relic--although Storm didn't go on a murder spree, she just knocked people out. After he steals the sword, he says this about the people who was protecting the sword, "They worshipped death", which may parallel to the Wakandans worshipping Storm as Hadari Yao. I'm not sure if he was speaking about himself or just death in general.

And another thing, one Storm's biggest stories is called "Lifedeath".
    Ooooh juicy! Love this speculation. Also, it's interesting in the preview he already seems to have some level of respect for Storm and makes it clear that she doesn't fear them. It reminds me of all the previous male villains fascination with Storm.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Horrible! Leave metal bones alone! lmao!

Uh oh! Some people are going to rage quit!

Yeah right, over Jeans dead body.

This looks good. Though i love me some Storm her dying i guess would make sense in that given Giant Size Xmen i'm not sure she would choose to come back as herself but if she died and accepted that finality and turned into something new her Lifogy to herself would make even more sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Yeah right, over Jeans dead body.
    After Logan playing with the Jott couple he wants something of substance. I don’t think this is going to happen but...Ororo joining in the poly fun? ��

Should be interesting not sure how Percy will write this given the Wolverine chasing everyone away bro moment but we shall see. He does do a good Logan.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Y'know after all the complaining we did about Vita, this is already making me want them back.