Page 520 of 571 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 8556
  1. #7786
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I think both narratives are true. Storm WAS ripped from the X-men, and she floundered in BP. However even had she not been stolen, Storm was doomed in the XMen anyway. Claremont was the only one who cared about the character and would have fought for her place at the table. No other writer or editor at the time cared about the character circa 2005. Its obvious cause when she was brought back into the Xmen fold circa the Extremist arc in UXM, she was still just kinda there. Played no major role in AvX, Schism, Messiah Compkex, etc. It boggles the mind how superfluous she was.

    Claremont would never have let her be such a non entity. The X-line and BP-line have failed Storm for the past 15 years( Although to be fair, Coates did well with the character and seemed to try to do her justice). This DOX era is the first time it feels like the X-line is trying to give a shit about the character(and even then, that only seemed so when XoS started). I am still shocked that it appears that she might be playing a big role in XoS.
    I think it was more there was no incentive and she had already been ripped from the books once what's to stop it from happening again. It took a long time for all those writers and editors to disappear and then for storm to slowly be reintagrated. Either way disney has the rights now so it gives the character more power. Disney could literally so a cartoon princess movie with storm and it would work. They are not going to let that get away and they aren't going to waste it on the next bp movie unless it's to up it's profile for when shuri takes the mantle.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  2. #7787
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont literally had her negotiate a global mandate for her team with the UN Security Council. She was leading the f out of her team.

    Quesada clearly ripped her from Claremont's grasp as a bargaining chip to increase BP's IP while simultaneously throwing the X-Men into the garbage disposal with his "no more mutants" mandate after Morrison screwed the pooch in his run and Fox's movie rights made things difficult just as the MCU was in its initial development.

    You have to see the business shifts behind the 'creative decisions'. Quesada was behind the Marvel Knights line of the late 90's, where BP was rehabilitated and modernized in the Priest run (which also revisited the romance that had not been mentioned in-continuity since the originating team up story, though Alex Ross's Earth X did remind readers about the pairing in 1999). He had a personal interest in seeing BP expand his pop cultural impact. If the executive of BET promises a cartoon on his network in exchange for creative license, of course he'll let him have Storm.
    I think your post highlights what the problem was. It wasnt Hudlin who wanted to use Storm in expanding the BP readership but it was management's vision for the company and hence what we ultimately had in the xbooks, which were stories driven by Scott's struggles/triumphs as mutantkind's figurehead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I think both narratives are true. Storm WAS ripped from the X-men, and she floundered in BP. However even had she not been stolen, Storm was doomed in the XMen anyway. Claremont was the only one who cared about the character and would have fought for her place at the table. No other writer or editor at the time cared about the character circa 2005. Its obvious cause when she was brought back into the Xmen fold circa the Extremist arc in UXM, she was still just kinda there. Played no major role in AvX, Schism, Messiah Compkex, etc. It boggles the mind how superfluous she was.

    Claremont would never have let her be such a non entity. The X-line and BP-line have failed Storm for the past 15 years( Although to be fair, Coates did well with the character and seemed to try to do her justice). This DOX era is the first time it feels like the X-line is trying to give a shit about the character(and even then, that only seemed so when XoS started). I am still shocked that it appears that she might be playing a big role in XoS.
    all of this is 100% spot on. to underscore your point, look at how she was treated after she was divorced from tchalla within the xbooks. it was abysmal the way she was written and that wss why when coates picked her up many of her fans praised his efforts regarding developing her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #7788
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    And i know how i read it but i like to let others make up their own mind. It would have been fine if she stopped at page 2 but ol girl had to keep going.

    Black Panther 017-006.jpgBlack Panther 017-007.jpgBlack Panther 017-008.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  4. #7789
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    But i'm suppose to think this is better than what Vita wrote. LOL ok.

    Black Panther 017-009.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  5. #7790
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    And i just wanted to add because i was rereading it again. No Tchalla she doesn't need to wait on you. Like he has his adventures and as his fans have pointed out even in this thread his moments where he had to do things on his own, Ororo need to do this on her own. Unfortunately on this read it felt less like a break up and more like a "Check ya boo."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  6. #7791
    Mighty Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    I always heard a lot of people hated Hudlin's run because he ignored most of what came before for Black Panther, and paired him with Storm largely just to put the two most prominent black characters together to make a power couple. They didn't really have anything to do with one another at that point.

    THAT'S what you've been raging about? She basically says she loves him, he's the love of her life, but they have different priorities and allegiances, so they can't truly be together. Its not a 'side piece' talk at all

  7. #7792
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I always heard a lot of people hated Hudlin's run because he ignored most of what came before for Black Panther, and paired him with Storm largely just to put the two most prominent black characters together to make a power couple. They didn't really have anything to do with one another at that point.

    THAT'S what you've been raging about? She basically says she loves him, he's the love of her life, but they have different priorities and allegiances, so they can't truly be together. Its not a 'side piece' talk at all
    Lol the fact you read it that way to me is hilarious because they were together and she was saying they are. LMAO. Just proved my point. If this was a super couple at the least people should have been able to tell they were actively together and "stronger" than ever as some say based on this convo. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #7793
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And i just wanted to add because i was rereading it again. No Tchalla she doesn't need to wait on you. Like he has his adventures and as his fans have pointed out even in this thread his moments where he had to do things on his own, Ororo need to do this on her own. Unfortunately on this read it felt less like a break up and more like a "Check ya boo."
    I sincerely believe if tchalla used Ororo's relationship with him to enter krakoa only to steal the cerebro sword in order to protect wakanda and the world im most certain most people who enjoyed the issue would be complaining about how bad he is for her. nothing about that issue was good imho
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #7794

    Default

    T'Challa loved Ororo so much he came to have sex with her just before the Incursion and didn't even tell her about it or try to get her a seat on the Raft.



    This experiment in crossfranchise romance has failed.

    Let's move on...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  10. #7795
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa loved Ororo so much he came to have sex with her just before the Incursion and didn't even tell her about it or try to get her a seat on the Raft.



    This experiment in crossfranchise romance has failed.

    Let's move on...
    LOL Exactly. But now it's "we could have done this together?" okay. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #7796
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I sincerely believe if tchalla used Ororo's relationship with him to enter krakoa only to steal the cerebro sword in order to protect wakanda and the world im most certain most people who enjoyed the issue would be complaining about how bad he is for her. nothing about that issue was good imho
    And i honestly feel i would have had to read the story to see how i felt about it. I've read these stories and i know how i feel. But no one is wrong. It just is what it is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  12. #7797
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And i honestly feel i would have had to read the story to see how i felt about it. I've read these stories and i know how i feel. But no one is wrong. It just is what it is.
    I purposely chose my words very carefully based upon past exchanges. I never said you, I said most people.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #7798
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa loved Ororo so much he came to have sex with her just before the Incursion and didn't even tell her about it or try to get her a seat on the Raft.



    This experiment in crossfranchise romance has failed.

    Let's move on
    ...
    Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner folks!

  14. #7799
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner folks!
    It especially stands out when in the story yout watching couples like Reed and Sue fight for each other. But hey, it's kind of cute i guess Tchalla wanted to get some before potentially being one of the last people left alive. But this they could have done together. Doom he had to do himself, hells kitchen all these other things and Storm went on her business and waited but when its time for her to step up it's "we could have done this together." I just hope its over, no more back and forth let us all eat cake and move on. Theres plenty of black women for Tchalla to be with that he can get everything he needs in a wife.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  15. #7800
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa loved Ororo so much he came to have sex with her just before the Incursion and didn't even tell her about it or try to get her a seat on the Raft.



    This experiment in crossfranchise romance has failed.

    Let's move on...
    That made me laugh lol. But I'd like to point out most every BP fan hated that. He didn't even think to tell his own sister or mother and left Wakanda to die off completely. None of the Illuminati came off very good in that scene and I consider it deliberate mischaracterization on Hickman's part.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •