Page 526 of 613 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    For me personally I don't like how she has been handled thus far in the comics but this could just be because I feel like they are holding her back from her full potential, I do feel its time for Storm to branch outside of the XMen and start exploring her powers more, what is the extent of the goddess powers, get her a unique rogue's gallery just for her and build on the mythos of her history and the wind riders and she can still be an XMen. There is just so much potential and story to tell but I feel Marvel drops the ball with her and use her as a token or in the background when her voice should be felt across the Marvel Universe, since she is more than just an XMen character.
    Can't agree more with you it is time for Storm to separate herself from the X-Men and start exploring the universe and her own godhead. There is so much potential for her to build on her own. She can still be an X-Men just not that often. It is clear that the X-Office cannot handle her potential. She needs to grow and explore on her own. Time for the Universe to know who Storm is and why she is an Omega and a Goddess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Hey ppl, I'd like to learn from Storm fans, what you all love about her, what you've not liked about how she's been handled, what you'd like to see more of, or just what are ideas, plots and stories you wish could be realized for Storm

There's a reason I'm asking this question...
    I like a bunch of things about Storm, she's visually striking, got a nearly unrivaled tenacity, and is insanely kind. I like little aspects like her love and respect of nature (especially gardens) and her badass backstory coupled with skills like thievery and dagger use. She's just a really interesting character with multiple layers as an ambassador for mutantkind while also being that girl from the streets of Cairo. She's worn a lot of hats and when written well it shows.

I don't like that she often gets reduced to the aloof Earth Mother or Den Mother archetype. It's often used as an artificial means to give her importance in-universe, while sidelining her in the narrative of the actual story. I dislike when writers buy into her hype too much and give her a flat personality with little of the street urchin wit that makes her a fun character. I'm also not a fan of her being reduced to just using lightning in combat.

While I'm sure you've heard this for multiple characters like Gambit and Wolverine (I lurk on those threads as I like those characters a lot too lol), I think Storm needs to spread her wings to other parts of the MU. As I said before, she's an ambassador for mutantkind but her experiences in that role and underused aspects of her lore more than justify her carving out her own niche in the MU while still being an X-Men. As far as hypothetical stories I'd like to see, I'd be down for stories where Storm leans into her mystical roots and go full afrofantasy, exploring the ties between her X-gene and the Elder God Oshtur and the legacy of the windriders.

Spend a bit more time away from the X-Men going on spirit quests, using her intimate connection to white magic to shut down dark cults, using her thieving skills to recover relics of her tribe's lost kingdom, uncovering other mutants/aliens that have been blessed by elder gods, etc. Something mind bending and epic with the feel of Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider, turning her into a warrior/priestess/pure adventurer. I'd like to see her mentorship to Gentle explored as well and to see her finally build her own mutant dynasty. Her relationship with Gentle has a lot of potential because you rarely see female comic characters with male proteges. His connections to Wakanda are also valuable (and since this is fanfiction I'd be down for her romance w/ T'Challa being used as well). Their contrasting powersets and personalities make it so we get to see Storm problem solve and figure out the best ways for Gentle to evolve as she coaxes him out his shell. Similar to how she had to when she first joined the X-Men, with Gentle's powers eventually evolving into something along the lines of Midoriya from My Hero Academia.

I'd like to see an aged up version of Spyke as Storm's cousin with the ability to decay things and control fungi as well as a magic using ancestor from the past. In terms of when she's with the X-Men and not on solo adventures or working alongside the wider MU, I'd like her to continue being influential but not necessarily THE commander. She can co-lead a secondary team with a close friend like Jean, who's friendship with Ororo I think should continue being fleshed out. X-Force is too dark for them but maybe something along the lines of X-Men Red or X-Treme X-Men. Mutant ambassadors who spend more time among humans and deal with coordinating mutant support programs and diplomacy. Maybe a new Uncanny Avengers works better, anything that focuses on Storm representing her people but also trying to build bridges with humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Hey ppl, I'd like to learn from Storm fans, what you all love about her, what you've not liked about how she's been handled, what you'd like to see more of, or just what are ideas, plots and stories you wish could be realized for Storm

There's a reason I'm asking this question...
    I enjoy pretty much most Strom stories. I can find something to enjoy in most stories but I prefer and in charge storm who has an unshakable will an inmate compassion, but a compulsion to protect and nuture not just qualities but people and communities. The only storm story I have ever truly hated is when she was ripped out the xbooks since aside from some other marvel stuff I wasn't really into most of that. Another thing that always stands out and it is something I'm not a fan of is why does storm have to expand beyond the xbooks by leaving them when no one else has to? I'm happy with storm in the x universe and while it's fun to see her beyond it it's not like I'm clamoring to have to go buy the rest of the marvel u just to see storm explore. So it all comes down to the story. Also as someone who draws I hate tying other writers hands so I usually will go with a story till I don't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

MARAUDERS #17

GERRY DUGGAN (W), STEFANO CASELLI (A)

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

MARVEL vs ALIEN VARIANT COVER by SALVADOR LARROCA

REMATCH! Storm versus Calisto. This time, it's personal.

X-MEN #17

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W), BRETT BOOTH (A)

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

MARVEL VS ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

STORM THE EMPIRE! When the Shi'ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.

32 pages, $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

MARAUDERS #17

X-MEN #17

STORM THE EMPIRE! When the Shi'ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.

32 pages, $3.99.
    I’m excited for some Storm and Jean moments in X-Men!!! Though not a fan of how Yu drew her hair on that cover.

Jesus! I am so tired of Storm and Callisto conflict! I hate the Morlocks. I wish writers would stop drawing on all these stale old story retreads.

I mean, given their most recent interaction, I find myself VERY intrigued. WHAT is the reason? WHY are they fighting? IS this a smoke screen? I'm eager to find out.

I have always found the Morlocks dull. Callisto is an interesting character, but her always fighting with Storm is just so overdone so I can't get excited about it. It's a shame that I have found Storm so lacking in Marauders that when she finally gets what appears to be a spotlight issue(last issue not withstanding), it has to be over some of her most stale story beats. Maybe XMen will be better.

Hey maybe they're fighting over Yukio?

jk

I, too, am tired of Storm vs. Calisto. Storm has to be nerfed for it to be remotely reasonable fight. If Storm used her powers, it's a 1 second battle. Calisto is not in Storm's league. She's a weak adversary for Storm.

MARAUDERS #17

X-MEN #17

32 pages, $3.99.
    YES! YES! YES! See this is the x-men stuff i love.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

MARAUDERS #17

Wasn't it personal EVERY PREVIOUS TIME?

Also i really question if there is even a fair fight in this?
    Storm beat Marrow fair and square in an immitation of the Stom vs. Callisto fight and i would argue she is a far superior fighter to Callisto. Not to forget the various other experienced close combat experts Storm could handle over the years in various circumstances

So unless there is a good story behind them comming to blows verbal or physical, this feels like a tiresome callback.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wasn't it personal EVERY PREVIOUS TIME?

Also i really question if there is even a fair fight in this?
    Storm beat Marrow fair and square in an immitation of the Stom vs. Callisto fight and i would argue she is a far superior fighter to Callisto. Not to forget the various other experienced close combat experts Storm could handle over the years in various circumstances

So unless there is a good story behind them comming to blows verbal or physical, this feels like a tiresome callback.
    I find it's much more relaxing to just see if you like a story or not once it comes out. Who knows what mechanics are at play here. But here's hoping it's entertaining.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I find it's much more relaxing to just see if you like a story or not once it comes out. Who knows what mechanics are at play here. But here's hoping it's entertaining.
    That's what my last sentence was about. I could very well imagine them just getting into a major verbal argument, rather than fighting physical again. However the problem is more or less that they promote the issue with the promise of seeing a physical rematch fight between the two.
    So that's the expectations they want to create, what ever the story subverts it or plays it straight. Of course there is the possiblity of it turning out different in story, but that's not what we are led to believe when we decide what ever we want to buy the issue or not.

It's like when in a movie trailer you see two characters charging at each other. The trailer wants you to believe the two will fight, so they want to sell you on that moment. Of course in the movie it could turn out they are charging past each other at some villains. At which point the viewer is either nicely surprised or dissapointed because what they wanted to see wasn't given.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hateloathedetestabhor Brett Booth's art!!!!

I thought Asrar was going to be the regular artist on X-Men.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!