Page 248 of 613 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt think she created the icerberg. My interpretation of it is that she raised up the water around the ship as Iceman froze it, making the icerbergs in the process. I think both worked together to do one thing as opposed to each doing the same thing here. I think Storm was used to amplify the speed at which he did froze the water by making it more accessible to him
    You probably right. But based on how it was drawn and the transitioning of the scene you couldn’t tell. Plus the Dialogue didn’t help because it was Vague.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Or...hear me out...a wild speculation, I know but...they both created the iceberg, moving and constructing massive amounts of ice, acting in unison...so that the process is faster and more effective in trapping the ship, almost instantaneously.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Your Welcome. Because I’m with you. They NEED to come back. I think people are just lazy and don’t wanna read.

That’s cool. Well, we all appreciate the Science Lesson.Though I’m sure we all know how Ice is made. But thank you for educating us.
    You are most welcome. I'm always glad to be of some help in clarifying difficult things.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I'm over Marauders now, Duggan has proven he simply isn't interested in doing more than giving her cute little moments instead of being a part of the plot. I thought she was finally going to have a intimate role in dealing with the depowering technology which would've been really cool considering her history but she just get's shoved with Iceman, who didn't need her, in stopping the boat while basically Emma finished up the plot herself. I just saw this as a complete missed opportunity, I don't know how she even fits there anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I'm over Marauders now, Duggan has proven he simply isn't interested in doing more than giving her cute little moments instead of being a part of the plot. I thought she was finally going to have a intimate role in dealing with the depowering technology which would've been really cool considering her history but she just get's shoved with Iceman, who didn't need her, in stopping the boat while basically Emma finished up the plot herself. I just saw this as a complete missed opportunity, I don't know how she even fits there anymore.
    I mean it was still a great read. But the action scenes are a lackluster and it’s sucks because he’s not doing his magic like he did for Uncanny Avengers. It felt rushed really. But I THINK Storm might be leaving the Team. So there’s that....

The book was always about Kate, Emma, and Shaw. That quadrant of the QC. Everything else is in service of that triumvirate. It was never going to be a good fit for Ororo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Does Storm's quadrant (Storm, Jean, Nightcrawler) need their own focused book?

Magneto/Xavier/Poccy have been getting incredible moments in X-Men and peppered throughout. Mystique and Sinister have interesting subplots brewing, but Exodus is underutilized so far. Jean has had some moments in X-Force, and Storm a frame or two in Marauders, but I'd say their group(definitely including Kurt) haven't yet had definitive stories. Which is interesting because Hickman kinda flopped with the more upright characters in his Avengers run too, preferring to play with the more morally grey/mean archetype. It looks like Kurt will have something in that tower thing, but Jean and especially Ororo have been underwhelming under Hickman so far. Hopefully he has something spectacular in mind for her Giant Size issue(if we don't have a full scale societal collapse before that comes out....).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No. We really NEED caption Boxes to come back. Because we are guessing what Storm and Iceman did. We have never seen Storm create an Iceberg until yesterday in Marauders #10. Even now we still are confused as to what they did because the context of the feat was extremely vague. So yes. Caption Boxes are needed.

Claremont wasn’t wordy. He really wasn’t. It’s funny that some people complain that there are too much dialogue in a comic and some complain there’s isn’t enough dialogue at all. The reason we keep seeing “Storm generated a F5 Hurricane in the Blink of an Eye” is because we still have IDIOTS who think Storm needs time to generate a Hurricane. We still have people believing that she has to raise her hands or wait for her eyes to glow. So yes it’s dialogue like that which Claremont so graciously gave us to tell and show people Storm doesn’t have to move a finger to cause a Global Weather Phenomenon.

And yes there are some artist who know how to draw what the writer is trying to explain to us. But there are some artist who are terrible at it. Which caused US the fanbase to argue Amongst us on what the hell did Storm just do?
    agreed to all of this!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Mahmud Asrar's Storm:

She's cute. The hair reminds me of Wolverine and the X-men cartoon

That's beauty-full. I like the alteration to her costume.

https://twitter.com/petervnguyen/sta...61664668512257

gorgeous work from Peter Nguyen. for someone reason I can never get gifs to work on here but trust that the click is worth it!!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    https://twitter.com/petervnguyen/sta...61664668512257

gorgeous work from Peter Nguyen. for someone reason I can never get gifs to work on here but trust that the click is worth it!!
    Nice, I'm impressed.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.