Page 249 of 613 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I like the gray.

I wonder if we're gonna get a reaction from Storm about what happened to Black Panther/Wakanda in Avengers
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I like the gray.

I wonder if we're gonna get a reaction from Storm about what happened to Black Panther/Wakanda in Avengers
    Unless it serves the Marauders story in some way, why would we?
    So far...Duggan hasn't mentioned anything regarding Storm's connection to T'Challa or Wakanda, or any major story-line outside of DoX (HiX-Man did reference it in X-Men 04...but that actually served the story.)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

I like the gray.

I doubt it. T'Challa being captured is probably gonna be temporary so it's possible she may never even find out he left. Outside the Black Panther book proper, the two of them are living such separate lives that I doubt their stories will intersect anytime soon.

But we do know the X-Men are trying to spy on the Avengers and that Krakoa has a policy of regime change in non-treaty nations so there's bound to be reaction on both sides about the new status quo eventually. Especially with Wakanda taking such an active role in world affairs recently.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-02-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Is Storm a citizen of Wakanda? If not, did she have it revoke in her annulment?

Was she ever a citizen of Kenya? She was born in US so holds citizenship there but now is a citizen of Krakoa. Im trying to get a feel for what she's been able to maintain and what she's had to give up bc I cant imagine she'd be able to have quad citenship

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I can't see anything, what is this?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    A bad bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Was she ever a citizen of Kenya? She was born in US so holds citizenship there but now is a citizen of Krakoa. Im trying to get a feel for what she's been able to maintain and what she's had to give up bc I cant imagine she'd be able to have quad citenship
    She most likely would have given up her Wakandan citizenship once the marriage was annulled, but now is given special dispensation as an Ex-royal and Royal GF.

As an urchin on the Ciaro streets she definitely would not have had any ID and she obviously didn't travel by conventional means throughout Africa on her journey to Kenya.

As a mutant she and the others probably don't hold any legal citizenship/ID documents other than what was given at birth...with Piotr and Kurt being naturalised citizens by now (I'm guessing) As mutants, they enter and exit foreign countries not via the regular channels so things like ID cards, DPs and Passports are quite unnecessary.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like the gray.

I would imagine that was dissolved when her marriage was annulled.

in terms of her citizenship, I don't think she would have had anything except her US one. sIts possible her parents applied for Egyptian citizenship when she moved there but outside of that since she migrated to Kenya and was worshipped in a small village I doubt she ever was an official Roman citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    it's some fan art I came across online. I'm not sure why you cant see it.

A bad bitch
    yes indeed!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I’m sure you all have talked about this before, but if Storm were to get another solo series what are some plotlines that you’d like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m sure you all have talked about this before, but if Storm were to get another solo series what are some plotlines that you’d like to see?
    One that delves into her ancestral and magical background. It's been ignored for far too long. It would be nice to see a story that explored that for one arc.

mutants in Wakanda and/or Africa in general. She was worshipped as a goddess for her powers growing up but how are other mutants viewed?

In connection to the current Karkoa: Mutant Nation status quo, I would like to see her address African countries that don't recognise Krakoa as a sovereign nation and like Russia and Brazil, don't treat their mutants kindly and respectfully. And I would like to see her helping those African nations who fully accept Krakoa's mutant policies and ally themselves with Krakoa...and of course having to deal with other countries that don't agree, while trying to stabalise parts of the continent.

Perhaps even starting the creation of another African Nation (pro Mutants) that could one day rival Wakanda in terms of power and advancement.

But...no more Wakanda cross-cutting. There are other African nations which need help and exposure. Let Wakanda fend for themselves, as they are quite capable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I want everything. LOL.

I want a series where we see Ororo examine her godhood, which includes her mystical heritage while balancing her responsibilities as leader of Krakoa, member of the quiet council and the mutant race.

For the first arc, we could see Ostur appearing to Storm explaining that the time has now come for her to accept who she is. Chthon's "children" are gathering the Mardipoor set, (of which Storm's ruby is the keystone), and with them they can can bring the elder god back to earth in his own body. She is the reason why Ostur has always favored her linage - Storm needs to oppose Chthon's return to this universe. Storm is the one destined to destroy him since Chthon's true form is elemental energy. Her elemental powers, godhood and mystic might are what's need to stop the Elder God of Chaos.

We could see Storm on her search off to stop Chthon's forces while mixing in her rescue of mutants. We'll see the conflict she has because both misssions are important. We can see her conflict with Ostur who wants her focus on her mission and Storm's internal struggle to help the mutant race.

Some of Chthon's children have a history with Storm and the X-Men. They include the N'Garai & Kierrok. Vampires also have a connection with Chthon and we know Storm has a history with Dracula that could play into this. So we could tie in her history as well as take the book someplace new.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 06-03-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

The exploration of her ancestry since she comes from a line of witch-queens. Without getting into the thorny issue of her divinity I think there's a story to be told about the exact nature of her tribe's relationship to Oshtur. Why were they chosen to worship her, what were the circumstances that led to her bloodline being blessed, how come when she returned to the Serengeti she was worshiped as a goddess instead of being installed as the new queen? Do other Elder gods have their own chosen bloodlines? What about Elder Gods from other planets? I'd like to see them explore these fantasy questions, especially in terms of how she relates to the environment itself.

Assuming we're taking into account the Krakoa status quo, there's a lot of potential in looking at Storm and her close ties to the natural world both spiritually and scientifically. She should not only be a crusader for mutants and people of color but also the environment, telling stories that show how they intersect. I'd also want to see her political acumen played up as a statesmen for Krakoan interests. She uses that country's resources but also uses her street smarts and open-mindedness to get things done solo, like Wolverine in his solo. In order for that to happen she needs to be global and out in the field, traveling to Kenya one day, NYC the next, all the way to the Savage Land.

I'd stay away from Shadow King and them. Give me Garokk (retconned into being a vibranium mutate parasite), Ogun, Roxxon, blessed bloodlines of Set/Chthon, Brood, rogue windriders, and more. A Storm solo shouldn't read like a story that could be told with any X-Men team, it needs to lean into the aspects that make her distinct. And of course they need to build a supporting cast AWAY from the X-Men. Right off the bat the Wolverine solo brought in a human for the lead to work with. I'd want Storm to have that freedom and to bring in humans, Atlanteans, and anyone else that can help her on her missions. Marvel should position her as a warrior priestess, she has one foot in the world of mutant advocacy and another in the realm of eldritch monsters and ancient knowledge.