Page 257 of 613 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Nakia got Lupita. We need somebody on that same level. Then again, FoX-Men got Halle Berry as Storm and look how that turned out.
    She did better than that other girl what’s her name??

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    She did better than that other girl what’s her name??
    Halle can act, but she shouldn't not have been Storm. Halle doesn't have enough presence to be Storm. She came across as a wallflower and Storm should be noticed, even without speaking a word. Then to make matter worse, Fox gave her absolutely nothing to work with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Halle can act, but she shouldn't not have been Storm. Halle doesn't have enough presence to be Storm. She came across as a wallflower and Storm should be noticed, even without speaking a word. Then to make matter worse, Fox gave her absolutely nothing to work with.
    I can agree with that. But she was still better than Alexandra Shipp

I can't even really be mad at Shipp or Halle for how Storm turned out in the movies. No actress could make that material work. I'd have loved to see either of them play Storm in a movie where the writer/director actually knows these characters well enough to make a decent ensemble piece with them.

It's unlikely but I wouldn't be completely opposed to the MCU just re-using Shipp and the other actors who played the younger X-Men. Reboot the franchise but give the actors another chance.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-11-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I can't even really be mad at Shipp or Halle for how Storm turned out in the movies. No actress could make that material work. I'd have loved to see either of them play Storm in a movie where the writer/director actually knows these characters well enough to make a decent ensemble piece with them.

It's unlikely but I wouldn't be completely opposed to the MCU just re-using Shipp and the other actors who played the younger X-Men. Reboot the franchise but give the actors another chance.
    Nah I totally blame them. Storm wasnt the only character to get bad writing in the films yet I thought other actors didnt alright with what little material they got. Famke as Jean, Shawn as Bobby, Ellen as Kitty, James as Cyclops, etc... Halle and Alex just were not good for Storm at all. A better actress could have made Storm at least watchable instead of cringeworthy

See that's where I gotta disagree. I thought Halle did fine in X3 when Storm was finally allowed to be something (of course they had to mitigate that by making her spend her two action scenes getting slapped around by "Callisto"). And I loved all of her scenes with Kurt in X2. I will forever blame how most of those characters turned out on bad writing and directing. Because I thought the casting choices were fine. Especially the wasted potential that was Anna Paquin as Rogue.

I can't really judge Shipp too much because lack of interest stopped me from seeing Dark Phoenix but I thought she also did fine with what little she was given to work with in Apocalypse.

Are there actresses who are more suited for Storm? Probably. Neither of them would have ever been my first choices. But I was fine with both of them. I'm honestly really fond of the first cast as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah I totally blame them. Storm wasnt the only character to get bad writing in the films yet I thought other actors didnt alright with what little material they got. Famke as Jean, Shawn as Bobby, Ellen as Kitty, James as Cyclops, etc... Halle and Alex just were not good for Storm at all. A better actress could have made Storm at least watchable instead of cringeworthy
    I didn't hate Halle, but Shipp was awful.

They clowning her already...

Beyonce Capture.jpg

Personally i don't think Beyonce potential contract with disney will have anything to do with X-men or Storm. The amount to me sounds more like an overall deal most likely to produce contect for young girls of color or rather inclusive content for young girls most likely for disney+. I'm not really a beyonce fan but i think given the check and the platform she could do really good things with this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    They clowning her already...

Beyonce Capture.jpg
    Some fans want an African American woman who's light, bright, and can pass as white to portray Ororo -- Beyoncé fits the phenotype but not the mould.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-11-2020 at 07:18 PM.

I'm a big fan of her older music but her acting skills do leave a lot to be desired (Good God, how do you take all the emotion out of Nala? Then again that movie took the emotion out of just about everything). She'd be one of the last viable choices I'd want for Storm. So it's good thing that's likely not what's going on here. Even if she she lands a role in Black Panther, something tells me it's not as Ororo. I may be wrong but I feel like the amount of commitment you'd have to put in for a prominent role in what would likely be a very long running stint in the MCU would be a bit much for someone who's already as busy in another industry as she is. I know the X-Men roster is basically revolving door but Storm's one of those characters you should probably try to keep for as many movies as you can.

She could be playing Monica Lynn. But that just not a 100 mil worth role.

All-New Member

20200612_142200.jpg

Saw this in Twitter and ghadddddd this is why we need a black queen storm

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

FB_IMG_1591964463816.jpg

wow this is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    FB_IMG_1591964463816.jpg

wow this is amazing
    Nice find. I like seeing Storm connect with the Black community and want to see more of it in the comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!