Page 221 of 613 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 9190

You might feel that way, but the comic book was published. At worst, it is an alternate universe, but they printed it, so it happened(and within the context of the story, it did seem to be 616, circa the Uncanny Relaunch(pre-Age of X-Man)).

And for the record, I loved Ororo and Nathan's will they/won't they period in the 90's. I would have liked to see an actual romance develop out of that. So while Major X was pretty crappy, I'm not against it on principal like some seem to be.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-05-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Speaking of alt characters, I've just finished the full Mutant X series on Marvel Unlimited. It was absolutely horrendous and a complete waste of time but the best thing about it was undoubtedly Bloodstorm. Looking back, I'm kinda glad she got another shot at a book with Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Speaking of alt characters, I've just finished the full Mutant X series on Marvel Unlimited. It was absolutely horrendous and a complete waste of time but the best thing about it was undoubtedly Bloodstorm. Looking back, I'm kinda glad she got another shot at a book with Blue.
    Real Bloodstorm was a treat. New faux Bloodstorm was a mess. Mutant X Bloodstorm is also in one of the Earth X sequels if you want a little more of her, Paradise X I think?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Just Curious do you guys think Storm Tanked this Lightning Attack?

A Future Namor Wields Neptune's Trident and Blast Storm. She screams in pain, but she says she's fine.
    What do you guys think? Did she Tank this or No? This is Major X Issue 6

Attachment 96319
    Attachment 96320
    So I skipped this when it first came out, but since I am jonsing for comics now, this scan prompted me to buy this digitally last night. I want my money back! This was just not the entertaining. And I say this as one of the few people who really hoped for a Storm /Cable pairing back in the day. I thought they could have made a powerhouse couple.

I read the entire series and I still don't know what Major X's powers are. He's the son of Storm and Cable. An omega mutant goddess and an Alpha mutant. Other versions of Cable are omega mutants. This guy should be off the charts powerful. Namor can be a worthy foe. This story was just blah.

In terms of this can, I think the trident is magical, right? As such I am OK with it doing something weird to Storm, but she has other weapons at her disposal. Lightning didn't work so try something else. No imagination was used for this fight.

The story was whack, but like, I could weave a great story out of those core elements(Cable and Storm have a son, Namor tries to kill him because of a future war with Atlantis). Liefeld is just not very good as an artist or writer.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You might feel that way, but the comic book was published. At worst, it is an alternate universe, but they printed it, so it happened(and within the context of the story, it did seem to be 616, circa the Uncanny Relaunch(pre-Age of X-Man)).

And for the record, I loved Ororo and Nathan's will they/won't they period in the 90's. I would have liked to see an actual romance develop out of that. So while Major X was pretty crappy, I'm not against it on principal like some seem to be.

Cable&Storm is a little weird for me. I mean I did enjoy them flirting around a bit. But I always felt it was in the same Boat as Her& Wolverine. If anything they just mesh Forge and Wolverine together. And then the whole Cyclops factor. It was just weird.

So Storm is Mother to Major X and Grandmother to Bishop!?

See, no . Too much time traveling and Storm ain't even go no where yet.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 05-05-2020 at 10:29 AM.

BANNED

So Major X IS actually Cannon of 616 Timeline???

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Cable&Storm is a little weird for me. I mean I did enjoy them flirting around a bit. But I always felt it was in the same Boat as Her& Wolverine. If anything they just mesh Forge and Wolverine together. And then the whole Cyclops factor. It was just weird.

So Storm is Mother to Major X and Grandmother to Bishop!?

See, no . Too much time traveling and Storm ain't even go no where yet.
    Has it been established that Storm is Bishop's grandmother?

See not canon. The school wasnt in Westchester last year. It was in Central Park which was a defining change made in the ResurXion era. It was also called the Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach. Major X did some timetraveling in Liefield's fanfic, but it wasnt to our actual 616

Except the mansion was there too. Didn't Cyke and his crew meet up at the mansion in Westchester during that horrible run before Hickman(while the NYC/Central Park mansion was destroyed in the first part of Disassembled). So, I think they just built another one in NYC. Besides, the caption says 'in there here and now'.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Liefeld wrote it to be "canon" I guess...?
    But I'll bet good money that none of the actual x-writers, writing HiX-Man's X-Men now...will agree or even care that in some AU Storm and Cable had a son. Because...again... not relevant.

Importance and relevance trumps "canon".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Except the mansion was there too. Didn't Cyke and his crew meet up at the mansion in Westchester during that horrible run before Hickman(while the NYC/Central Park mansion was destroyed in the first part of Disassembled). So, I think they just built another one in NYC. Besides, the caption says 'in there here and now'.
    The mansion was blown up in UXM 3. The X-men then worked from the subbasement of the CP school but they never went back to Westchester as they were whisked away to Age of X-man immediately after this story. Major X would have never encountered them in the Westchester at the School for Gifted Youngsters as it was not operational at any point during ResurrXion

And no they never went back to Westchester in Rosenberg's run. The only time the school is mentioned is when they got their old uniforms back and Logan says he got it from the tunnels underneath the school
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-05-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Cyclops and Wolverine literally met at the Westchester campus to fight all those racist bigots in Uncanny #11. It was in ruins, but that doesn't make sense either since the mansion in NYC was destroyed, not the Westchester one. And if Magik did teleport the Westchester mansion to NYC, why would she leave the subbasements(which have all the important X-Men supplies/gear)? And even if she did teleport it to NYC, who moved the ruins back to Westchester?

Cyclops and Wolverine literally met at the Westchester campus to fight all those racist bigots in Uncanny #11. It was in ruins, but that doesn't make sense either since the mansion in NYC was destroyed, not the Westchester one. And if Magik did teleport the Westchester mansion to NYC, why would she leave the subbasements(which have all the important X-Men supplies/gear)? And even if she did teleport it to NYC, who moved the ruins back to Westchester?
    Major X travelled back to a pre-Disassembled X-men, and the X-men were operating out of the Mutant Education and Outreach school in Central Park, not the old Institute for Gifted Youngers in Westchester. Scott travelled to the Jean Grey school in UXM 11 and that was in Westchester. It wasnt much of a ruins. All we saw was a plot with snow covering rocks, but there was no destroyed building structure. Your post only reiterates that the Westchester school did not exist at any point during either time so Major X directly conflicts with the 616 continuity. The subbasement where the costumes was taken from was not clarified but it could have been from either location. That wasnt really an important detail. Both locations had them
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-05-2020 at 12:04 PM.