Page 224 of 613 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I’m waiting for some X-Men Books. So bored.......
    With all this down time , I hope someone somewhere in Marel is working on Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    With all this down time , I hope someone somewhere in Marel is working on Storm.
    I swear I was thinking the same thing. They can brush up on their source material on Storm. To write a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I swear I was thinking the same thing. They can brush up on their source material on Storm. To write a good book.
    I know their working real hard to get D+ off the ground and back to post production. I hope Some type of MCU or D+ Series or Comic Solo is coming.

BANNED

I was thinking that Anna Diop is the right age and apearence for mcu storm

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Just looked her up. She’s gorgeous! She’d make a very beautiful Storm. I haven’t seen her in action before. What is your take on her in terms acting ability?

She was great as Starfire, and she did give me some Storm vibes, but I think they should cast about a decade younger. Early 20's. Around Tom Holland's age, for the main X-Men, so they can be contemporaries as they are in the comics.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I’m so conflicted with MCU Storm’s age. If they’re gonna pair him up with Boseman, remember he is like in his 40’s already. But it's not obvious tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yes, indeed. Anna Diop is absolutely the physical type that Marvel should be looking to emulate in casting MCU Storm, if not outright steal her from DC/ Titans streaming series. She’d have to lower her vocal register a bit for Ororo vs Kory chirpy voice.
    But honestly, she’s FAR from the only brown skinned Afro-Actress in Hollywood.

MONDAY Mohawk Mutant Style Appreciation

Origin of the haircut from the mouth of the artist who created the look, Paul Smith
    https://paulmartinsmith.com/blog/april-fools
    https://www.cbr.com/storm-x-men-moha...ris-claremont/
    The debut of the new style on panel in Uncanny #173
    There was a short story where Smith revisits the makeover and shows us Ororo and Yukio shopping during the events of the issue. I’ll track that down at some point.

The longer version is actually a Mohican hairstyle. I liked Humberto Ramos innovation of having the sides buzzed/undercut but not completely bald...

by Jeff Dekal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    First of all, they will introduce each individual X-men (probably all of them) from different established MCU titles just like they did with the Avengers. It just builds hype and excitement. That's what happened to Avengers and how its introduction was more fascinating and exciting compared to Suicide Squad which had no build up.

Storm getting introduced in BP is already a blessing as that means they'll give her character focus. You want to wait for an X-Men movie if all the other X-Members are already debuting in other MCU movies? You want her to join late to the party? Nah.
    Agreed. It would be amazing to see her origin story in BP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's hard to encapsulate her powers into just 10 specific feats, but overall, this is how I see it:

10. Mutant metabolism.

Ororo's x-gene expresses in her the inborn connection to the natural forces of the environment; presumably her mitochondria are exceptionally efficient at creating energy, so her thoughts/nervous system are connected to/act upon the physical elements of nature, such as air temperature, atmospheric electromagnetism, and the hydrosphere, for example. This ability is somewhat autonomic, but she can manipulate it at will and has developed an exceptional level of control, both on her own before joining the X-Men, and since engaging in their Danger Room trainings and super-heroics, allowing her to fly on wind, and use the weather both offensively and defensively. Ororo's mutation makes her virtually immune to temperature extremes, can process tremendous amounts of electromagnetic energy without lasting damage, and allows her breathe in rarefied environments(like the edge of space, or underwater).

9. Sight beyond sight.

When Ororo consciously uses her powers, her eyes glaze over in pure white. This may be due to a physical clouding of the anterior chamber within the eyes, between the cornea and iris, or it may be plasmatic/electrical in nature. In either case, when her eyes go white, she no longer sees the world in terms of visible light interacting with matter, but as a prismatic, mercurial, sea of energy cascades, presumably extending her perception into otherwise invisible EM frequencies. It is by influencing this energetic matrix underlying reality that Ororo is able to manipulate the elements. When experiencing the world this way, she can see into a person's body, into their very nervous system. She can track the movement of a target through the sky following it's trail. Presumably this extrasensory perception extends beyond her physical range of vision, as she is able to geolocate her own position based on the atmosphere( sky topography) or even accurately pinpoint a target from thousands of miles away(knocks the Blackbird out of the sky in America from Wakanda).

8. Waterbender.

While Ororo typically employs wind and lightning as her main weapons, she is also is mistress of the water. Using the same energy dynamics to control the air, Ororo can also sculpt water like a sculptress does clay. She can use underwater currents to propel herself or other vessels. She can make life-like bodies and faces from clouds or water. She can create and dispel massive waves. She can split water into hydrogen and oxygen with a thought, and of course change it from liquid to solid and back to gas or even plasma, as she so desires.

7. Mistress of electromagnetism.

Lightning is Ororo's favorite weapon. She can conjure bolts from within her own body, or draw them from the environment. She can melt through metal, vaporize enemies, or simply jolt or stun them, according to her will. She can also use subtle electromagnetic fields to interrupt or destroy electronics, either precisely(such as wiping a camera's memory card while not destroying its other functions) or in large EMP busts(to take out a swath of Sentinels, for example). And while Ororo usually rides the wind, she can also ride lightning, or perhaps even teleport through lightning, at extremely fast speeds.

6. Brainstorm.

So precise is Ororo's electromagnetic manipulation that she is able to sense the cascade of synapses in another person's nervous system, anticipating their physical movements. She can even manipulate their flow, causing either gentle, temporary dysfunction, or outright violent and fatal paralysis(vs. Mr. Sinister). The capacity for her own nervous system to interface with the electromagnetic forces of nature(and the commiserate willpower necessary to wield these forces) also seems to grant her a high level of resistance against telepaths.

5. Planetary megastorms.

Ororo's mutation allows for precise and widespread feats. She has on numerous occasions created city-sized, continental, hemispherical, and even complete planetary megastorms of unparalleled intensities. She has even shielded the entire planet from a lethal solar flare with one such storm(powered by a gamma ray device).

4. Solar winds.

Speaking of solar flares, Ororo's mutation does not stop at the edge of the earth's gaseous atmosphere. Her first time in space she was able to use the faint stream of charged particles from the sun(solar winds) to fly and destroy a Sentinel. She once manipulated the solar winds to interact with the upper atmosphere and create daylight-visible aurorae effects all over the planet(without destroying the electrical grid!) while mourning the passing of Logan. She can even select aspects of the solar radiation at will, and open the magnetosphere to let them in, which allowed her to vaporize a tidalwave at pointblank range. Other aspects this ability would allow for the direct manipulation of atomic structures, gamma waves, anti-matter, and other exotic upper atmospheric phenomena.

3. Galactic core.

When faced with the realization she had been implanted with a Brood egg and that it would take her life and have her powers, Ororo ran from her teammates and took a small spaceship into the deep cosmos, where they would not be hurt. As the Broodling began to take over her body, transforming her into a Brood, her ship passed through a dark nebular(space cloud), and the bright light of the nearby galactic core reversed the transformation. A galactic core is the center of a galaxy where the stars are much closer together, and so she had millions of stars and planets to draw power from. And draw power she did, when she harnessed the power of them all to burn the Broodling out of her system. For a brief moment, she was the brightest thing in the galaxy!

2. Goddess.

When Ororo's powers first manifested in her youth, many people thought of her as a goddess and worshipped her as such. In fact, her mother's family lineage is filled with powerful priestess-queens. Ororo herself called out to the Goddess and was met by Her. When Charles recruited Ororo, he told her she was not a goddess, but a mutant. And while Ororo indeed carries the mutant x-gene, she may be something more. When Doom turned her into chrome, she boiled over in rage, and when released was transcending her mortal form in elemental fury, but her friends helped her stay grounded. When she lost her powers, the Asgardian Loki tried to trick her into being his own thunder god, but she broke his spells. When Death came for her then husband T'Challa, she challenged Death on their own turf....and pushed them back! And when the Adversary tried to take over Wakanda, the worship of T'Challa and his people awakened in Ororo a dormant magic that was able to defeat the demon. Maybe Charles was wrong, and the tribesmen right, after all.

1. Dimensional M-Brane

The multiverse is populated with many deities from many pantheon, and many realms. When Cytorrak's avatar(the Juggernaut) proved to be so unstoppable that not even dimensional membranes could stop him, the X-Men ended up in a completely other dimension! All their powers were behaving strangely, but in Ororo's case it was more. So much so that the local gods, the totality of past, present, and future in this dimension, the Trion, tried to trap her in a mental illusion so she could not act. Once Ororo saw through the illusion and struck back, she found that she was able to usurp these gods, tank their best shots, and repair the entire DIMENSION that was unraveling due to Juggernaut's rupture. Mistress of the elements indeed!
    I think MCU would bring out all those aspects!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I’m so conflicted with MCU Storm’s age. If they’re gonna pair him up with Boseman, remember he is like in his 40’s already. But it's not obvious tho
    It will be a minor miracle if Boseman continues in the MCU at this point, if internet chatter is to be believed(word on the street is he wants more money). The MCU has been pretty horrible at romance so far, and all the relationships they have attempted were contained within one sub-franchise(Ant-Man and Wasp, Pepper and Tony, Cap and Peggy). I don't think you can have Ororo the Queen of Wakanda and Storm in the X-Men. It didn't work in the comics very well(if at all) and I don't think it will work onscreen. I'm fine with Ororo being introduced to the MCU in BP2 or whatever, but I sincerely doubt they will pair her up with T'Challa romantically at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It will be a minor miracle if Boseman continues in the MCU at this point, if internet chatter is to be believed(word on the street is he wants more money). The MCU has been pretty horrible at romance so far, and all the relationships they have attempted were contained within one sub-franchise(Ant-Man and Wasp, Pepper and Tony, Cap and Peggy). I don't think you can have Ororo the Queen of Wakanda and Storm in the X-Men. It didn't work in the comics very well(if at all) and I don't think it will work onscreen. I'm fine with Ororo being introduced to the MCU in BP2 or whatever, but I sincerely doubt they will pair her up with T'Challa romantically at this point.
    Thats not true. Wanda and Vision are a thing and have been a thing across 3 franchises (Avengers, Captain America and soon to be WandaVision). Also Pepper and Tony's relationship was a thing featured in his films and the Avengers. Ditto on Star Lord and Gamora (GOTG and Avengers)
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-11-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Well F4 and X-Men are going to do relationship right . With Reed and Sue and Rouge and Gambit.
    I would want Ro and T'Challa to be the on camera chemistry , alot of flirting but , you know gotta go ...
    I want the audience pining for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not true. Wanda and Vision are a thing and have been a thing across 3 franchises (Avengers, Captain America and soon to be WandaVision). Also Pepper and Tony's relationship was a thing featured in his films and the Avengers
    Um, Vision is a sex toy at best, and is currently scrap metal. Try again luv.