Page 460 of 537 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 8047
  1. #6886
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Never forget. Thank you Mr. Coates for your contributions to Storm mythos as we wouldn't be here without you!!!!!







    What I find really interesting about this development (despite my issues with how we got there) is how the Wakandans already had a title for Ororo. Hadari Yao is ancient Alkamite, which means they've been worshipping a being with similar powers and roles to Storm long before she was even born. I wonder if previous ancestors of Storm have come to Wakanda and been worshipped as goddesses or if maybe the Wakandans once worshipped Oshtur herself. We know they used to pray to the Elder Gods...

  2. #6887
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Never forget. Thank you Mr. Coates for your contributions to Storm mythos as we wouldn't be here without you!!!!!







    I wonder if Roma knew Storm had this power from the get go?
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  3. #6888
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What I find really interesting about this development (despite my issues with how we got there) is how the Wakandans already had a title for Ororo. Hadari Yao is ancient Alkamite, which means they've been worshipping a being with similar powers and roles to Storm long before she was even born. I wonder if previous ancestors of Storm have come to Wakanda and been worshipped as goddesses or if maybe the Wakandans once worshipped Oshtur herself. We know they used to pray to the Elder Gods...
    What issues do you have with how we got there?


    And it would seem highly likely that the ancient wakandas did worship some version of the white haired women that Ororo descended from as borders as they existed way back in the infancy days of Africa does not exist as they do today. So white haired women who possessed mystical abilities as powerful as her ancestors did im sure would have spread across the lands like an uncontrolled wildfire. We know Ashake was a powerful priestess during her time but her Ancestor Ayesha was believed to be a Sorceress Supreme:


    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-26-2020 at 12:15 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #6889
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wonder if Roma knew Storm had this power from the get go?
    I'm not sure if Roma knew or not but Adversary definitely knew something was up with her according to Forge:

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #6890

  6. #6891
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Never forget. Thank you Mr. Coates for your contributions to Storm mythos as we wouldn't be here without you!!!!!
    Genuine question here, but what exactly did he do? The pictures just show her throwing lightning bolts at people, which seems to have become the defacto action for writers to show her doing, to the point were it feels to me like that's all she is used for most of the time, besides making big speeches and displaying a larger than life ego/persona.

    I haven't followed the character much in the last decade, so i'm not aware of what has heavily changed with the character since the 2010s.

  7. #6892
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    all of this was 100% fact! I so love how coates connected elements of canon from claremont uncanny days.



    I will definitely read through and contribute when I get a moment thank you again for considering our input!!
    RCO021_1469335662.jpg

    Let's also not forget he made Classic Spiral powers go haywire all because of his Chaos spreading through the air

  8. #6893
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure if Roma knew or not but Adversary definitely knew something was up with her according to Forge:

    According to a Naze possessed Adversary. Storm magic potential was a threat to him. But since she was human she was a flawed being along with Forge
    RCO009_1469365272 (1).jpg

  9. #6894
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The points you made here is why I will always attempt to bring awareness to what he singlehandedly did for the character. The xoffices had zero idea what to do with her as evident by her characterization following her annulled marriage and the events of AvX. Coates swooped in like a thief in the night and gave her the biggest development she's had in the modern era. It is encouraging that we have seen subtle and ambiguous references to her being a goddess but to ensure this narrative doesn't die after coates is officially done writing her those elements need to continue in the Hickman books, and boldly so unambiguously.

    Also, I'm concerned as well on what Vita will do. I'm rooting for them i really am.
    Those of us on the forum know what Coates has done with Storm, even those who don't care for his writing and/or depiction of BP. I think there is a general agreement that he has handled her well, including elevating her to godhood when the X-writers were still late to the table to grant her Omega mutant status. Coates bypassed that and went straight for a godhood that wasn't based on something external, like Thor's hammer, but Ororo's ancestry. That is a powerful distinction because he firmly made her godhood internal, genetic. The "unlocking," if you will, of her godhead then becomes more about her acceptance of who and what she is. Meaning, Coates granted the character agency over her godhood. I love that.

    As far as Vita, I've never read them, so I have no expectations about the writer. I do think, no matter how much they love the character of Storm, they will follow whatever mandate has come down about the character, and that includes her relationship with T'Challa.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-25-2020 at 05:10 PM.

  10. #6895
    Mighty Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    First, I wouldn't go as far as to call people "fools" because while trying to make a video for Storm fans, they might have looked at Storm's Wiki page or whatever and assumed that whoever all contributed to that Wiki knew what they were talking about in terms of the feats Storm has accomplished over the decades. Because by that logic, these character Wikis should never be looked at, ever, because no one would be able to know what was true or false on them. Blerd put a lot of time and effort into that video for us and did his best to give us all a thorough account of Storm's history so far.

    Secondly, I think Marvel will look really, really bad if they break Storm and Black Panther up AGAIN after that fiasco from 2012, especially since T'Challa and Ororo might be the only black heterosexual couple in comics (unless you count Mal Duncan and Karen Beecher (Bumblebee) from DC Comics).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

  11. #6896
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    First, I wouldn't go as far as to call people "fools" because while trying to make a video for Storm fans, they might have looked at Storm's Wiki page or whatever and assumed that whoever all contributed to that Wiki knew what they were talking about in terms of the feats Storm has accomplished over the decades. Because by that logic, these character Wikis should never be looked at, ever, because no one would be able to know what was true or false on them. Blerd put a lot of time and effort into that video for us and did his best to give us all a thorough account of Storm's history so far.

    Secondly, I think Marvel will look really, really bad if they break Storm and Black Panther up AGAIN after that fiasco from 2012, especially since T'Challa and Ororo might be the only black heterosexual couple in comics (unless you count Mal Duncan and Karen Beecher (Bumblebee) from DC Comics).
    If the decision has been made to have them part ways, I think it will be written "tastefully," so as not to ruffle too many fan feathers who were pissed about how their relationship/break up, as well as how the characters, were mishandled. There is little in Coates' BP that would justify a split. Ororo even accepted the Nakia relationship, which could've been used as a deal breaker. But, maybe he's been in a funk since her death, revealing to Ororo the depth of his feelings for the woman. So, you know, anything can be written to have them part ways as "friends."

    I think Misty Knight and Sam Wilson are still a couple, although I could be wrong. But your point is a valid one. There aren't that many black heterosexual couples in the comic universe.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-25-2020 at 05:46 PM.

  12. #6897
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    If the decision has been made to have them part ways, I think it will be written "tastefully," so as not to ruffle too many fan feathers who were pissed about how their relationship, as well as the characters, were mishandled. There is little in Coates' BP that would justify a split. Ororo even accepted the Nakia relationship, which could've been used as a deal breaker. But, maybe he's been in a funk since her death, revealing to Ororo the depth of his feelings for the woman. So, you know, anything can be written to have them part ways as "friends."

    I think Misty Knight and Sam Wilson are still a couple, although I could be wrong. But your point is a valid one. There aren't that many black heterosexual couples in the comic universe.
    Yep but isn't Misty supposed to be bisexual too?

  13. #6898
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wonder if Roma knew Storm had this power from the get go?
    Not even Storm knew she had that level-up power until T'Challa opened her eyes and mind to it.
    Though...In FotM the Adversary himself knew she was a formidable threat that's why he tried to keep her and Forge away.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  14. #6899
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Yep but isn't Misty supposed to be bisexual too?
    Oh, I have no idea. I haven't read all of the stuff she's been in, so I don't know.

  15. #6900
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Those of us on the forum know what Coates has done with Storm, even those who don't care for his writing and/or depiction of BP. I think there is a general agreement that he has handled her well, including elevating her to godhood when the X-writers were still late to the table to grant her Omega mutant status. Coates bypassed that and went straight for a godhood that wasn't based on something external, like Thor's hammer, but Ororo's ancestry. That is a powerful distinction because he firmly made her godhood internal, genetic. The "unlocking," if you will, of her godhead then becomes more about her acceptance of who and what she is. Meaning, Coates granted the character agency over her godhood. I love that.

    As far as Vita, I've never read them, so I have no expectations about the writer. I do think, no matter how much they love the character of Storm, they will follow whatever mandate has come down about the character, and that includes her relationship with T'Challa.
    *Raises hand, throws brick through window and quickly runs out of thread!*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •