Page 567 of 613 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 9190
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Actually, I can. The Black Panther Office is part of the problem.

The X-Office and the BP editorial both share blame in the treatment of Storm. The sooner we all can accept that that the better. One side uses Storm as a Side Piece and a calling card and a Prop for the Main Character. The other side uses her for fillers on a Team. With direction and doing nothing but being in the background. IMO yes Storm needs a NEW Love interest she’s been with the same dude for years and it’s going nowhere. They don’t have children they don’t act like a couple much. The marriage was a shame. She needs a new guy or be Single.

Nobody is using BP as a scapegoat at least I’m not. But he is most definitely part of the Problem.
    No, actually you can't but I'm not gonna start this unnecessary game of blame and no she doesn't need "A new Love interest" that shouldn't even be a top 5 priority or a priority at all. That's the thing about opinions, they're just opinions so they hold no weight. Storm's use in the BP comic shouldn't even be a concern because she's only guest stars and appears in the book like any guest character would and like I said before, Storm. is. A. Xmen. Character. no offence brodie but like use your brain man at the end of the day the people responsible for anything regarding Storms Character are the same ones that write rehash the mutant narrative. We're not doing this, we're not gonna start randomly blaming and pointing fingers, if you think BP is to blame for Storms character status then whatever but you're diffidently not looking at the bigger picture not even slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think in children of the atom of it ever drops she will be leading a group of reject xmen lol.
    Hey aren't the mutants from Arakko basically a bunch of X-Men rejects ?

And I don't know, maybe Storm leading the Children of the Atom isn't a bad idea. She can teach them the right way.

I wish Marvel would put Storm with a woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm still not understanding why they won't let Storm lead a team of her own. She's a proven leader and strategist.

Like I said, give her X-Nation and let it be about Krakoan society and it's influence on the rest of the world.
    Because the editors and writers don't think that it's necessary?
    And in the grand story-telling scheme of things, it isn't.

Plus...I would say no current writer is interested in writing that type of story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Because the editors and writers don't think that it's necessary?
    And in the grand story-telling scheme of things, it isn't.

Plus...I would say no current writer is interested in writing that type of story.
    Thank you for your opinion.

You have a real knack.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hey aren't the mutants from Arakko basically a bunch of X-Men rejects ?

And I don't know, maybe Storm leading the Children of the Atom isn't a bad idea. She can teach them the right way.
    thats true lolol.

I wouldn't buy children of the atom if my life depending on it. ororo should have her own little corner in the MU akin to Diana and Themyscira where she has her own rogues and showcases that she is a black goddess, omega level mutant where we see her power. Ororo for too long has been tied to being a mutant or xmen and these stories inhibit her from truly branching out in a meaningful way in the MU. How many times do we need to see her powerless? We know she is powerful without her powers. do we see this with Carol Danvers? I want more than what the xoffices have given and cute little h2h moments dont really do much to change the direction for the character imho.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-21-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    No, actually you can't but I'm not gonna start this unnecessary game of blame and no she doesn't need "A new Love interest" that shouldn't even be a top 5 priority or a priority at all. That's the thing about opinions, they're just opinions so they hold no weight. Storm's use in the BP comic shouldn't even be a concern because she's only guest stars and appears in the book like any guest character would and like I said before, Storm. is. A. Xmen. Character. no offence brodie but like use your brain man at the end of the day the people responsible for anything regarding Storms Character are the same ones that write rehash the mutant narrative. We're not doing this, we're not gonna start randomly blaming and pointing fingers, if you think BP is to blame for Storms character status then whatever but you're diffidently not looking at the bigger picture not even slightly.
    You don’t want to play unnecessary Games? Then don’t. We’re all adults. In regards to who I blame based on what I’ve seen both sides? Yes I can blame who I want. And I Blame BOTH. Apologies if that doesn’t sit well with you. And I respectfully Disagree with you about this Love Interest because I do believe she needs a New Love interest. Now regarding that little Topic? I will not go back n forth with you because I know how furiously protective Storm/BP Stans are about that boring relationship. So it sounds like your saying everyone’s Opinion in the Storm thread hold no weight. If so I Agree. Storm is a guest star in BP? So what do you call Storms involvement in Coates Black Panther run? Because that’s not Guest starring that’s what you call a Supporting Character. LOL “Use your brain”? Seriously? Don’t insult me. Now you look like an A** hole for saying “no offense” after your insult.

You’ve just contradicted yourself you know that? “Oh let’s not play the blame game” but you turn around and do the same thing. I don’t know how many times I need to say this but based off what I’ve seen BOTH parties have mistreated. And you’ll say “I Disagree “. So this conversation ends with me saying I disagree with your view points and we can keep it pushing.
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-21-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Thank you for your opinion.

You have a real knack.
    Thank you, I do try.

Fact of the matter is...she has been in that leadership role before, on a number of occasions, but...Claremont is no longer overseeing the X-Men franchise.
    In this HiX-Man era...no one character has a clear and defined "leadership role". Sure there are moments when certain characters step forward as the narrative dictates but there really aren't any single "appointed" team leaders making big decisions and conducting strike-forces, planning strategies, etc.

And let's be honest here...when her fans say they want Storm doing "this and that or the other" they really mean they want Storm written as Claremont have written her in the past. And while that's not an impossible desire, for all intents and current purposes it's a highly improbable one, for obvious reasons.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

thats true lolol.

I wouldn't buy children of the atom if my life depending on it. ororo should have her own little corner in the MU akin to Diana and Themyscira where she has her own rogues and showcases that she is a black goddess, omega level mutant where we see her power. Ororo for too long has been tied to being a mutant or xmen and these stories inhibit her from truly branching out in a meaningful way in the MU. How many times do we need to see her powerless? We know she is powerful without her powers. do we see this with Carol Danvers? I want more than what the xoffices have given and cute little h2h moments dont really do much to change the direction for the character imho.
    Well, we can always go back to my other premise where Storm resurrects Genosha as a nation for mutants, humans, Inhumans etc to live.

That is, if it's okay for me to express an opinion or an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank you, I do try.

Fact of the matter is...she has been in that leadership role before, on a number of occasions, but...Claremont is no longer overseeing the X-Men franchise.
    In this HiX-Man era...no one character has a clear and defined "leadership role". Sure there are moments when certain characters step forward as the narrative dictates but there really aren't any single "appointed" team leaders making big decisions and conducting strike-forces, planning strategies, etc.

And let's be honest here...when her fans say they want Storm doing "this and that or the other" they really mean they want Storm written as Claremont have written her in the past. And while that's not an impossible desire, for all intents and current purposes it's a highly improbable one, for obvious reasons.
    Well keep trying.

Who's talking about Claremont? Claremont don't own characters and I sure as hell wouldn't read anything written by him now. Y'all can have that.

As far as appointed leaders, you have The Quiet Council, The Great Captains and whatever's going on with the HFC so you're wrong there.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Well, we can always go back to my other premise where Storm resurrects Genosha as a nation for mutants, humans, Inhumans etc to live.

That is, if it's okay for me to express an opinion or an idea.
    of course you can express your opinion or ideas love. u know I would never suggest otherwise. I like that idea of her resurrecting Genosha for everyone to live. that would definitely be in character for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

of course you can express your opinion or ideas love. u know I would never suggest otherwise. I like that idea of her resurrecting Genosha for everyone to live. that would definitely be in character for her.
    Thanks, for whatever reasons not everyone agrees with your sentiment.

Well keep trying.

Who's talking about Claremont? Claremont don't own characters and I sure as hell wouldn't read anything written by him now. Y'all can have that.

As far as appointed leaders, you have The Quiet Council, The Great Captains and whatever's going on with the HFC so you're wrong there.
    None of whom are "team leaders" in the strictest sense of the term...as Storm and Cyclops were, in the past, as written by Claremont...in the past.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    LOL unnecessary Game? What? you can’t tell who I can blame. Ok well like I said before I respectfully Disagree with you because I do think she needs a New Love interest. Now regarding that I won’t go back n forth with you. Ok so everyone’s Opinion in the Storm thread hold no weight got it. Storm is a guest star in BP? So what do you call Storms involvement in Coates Black Panther ruin? Because that’s not Guest starring that’s what you call a supporting character. LOL Don’t say “no offense” and then try and call me stupid by saying “use your brain” seriously? Maybe try taking your own advice about using your brain.

You’ve just contradicted yourself you know that? Your really going to sit their and say “Oh let’s not play the blame game” but you but turn around and blame the X-Office? Huh? I can blame whoever I want it just sounds like you don’t like the fact the I am limping the BP office into it. Because Yes they are also to blame. I don’t know how many time I need to say this but BOTH parties have mistreated her wrong. So this conversation ends with me saying I disagree with your view points and we can keep it pushing.
    Yeah, sure bud. I "contradicted" myself by pointing out that Strom is a XMEN CHARACTER and that her development comes down to them in bigger capacity and who said you were stupid, I didn't say that i just said "use your brain" aka your common sense and yes Storm was a guest star in the BP books under coates and as a guest star he made her vital to plot points while you say she "was a side piece" and like i said before and I'm not saying it again, Storm does not need a love interest new or otherwise. You can think whatever you want budro but don't start this, don't do it. I'm simply just countering your input and views on your "thoughts" of storms character use while also pointing your flawed logic that the BP books are most of the reason why "Storm isn't valued" which is false especially after you just said in quote "What do you call Storms involvement in Coates Black Panther run" and "That's not guest starring that's a supporting role" meaning that you're basically saying she was a vital character in his run which she was and if that's the case then your venom should be more directed towards the X side of marvel because that's where her Character Development matters the most which is why i give them more heat. If you disagree it's fine, I'm not losing sleep just because you don't like Black Panther and Storms relationship or whatever.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 11-21-2020 at 11:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    I wish Marvel would put Storm with a woman
    Ooooh Elektra would be nice.