Page 578 of 613 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 9190

Yes, our girl was at least still hungover.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    The only answer we have is that he’s a busy man. He hasn’t spoken in like 8monthe or so? And I just realized that Coates BP issue #23 is the only issue In February. Now, I was under the impression that that issues 23,24 and 25 were going to be released all at the same time. If that’s not the case then BP won’t end till April and that sucks. And forces me to be not interested. He already has control of Storm what’s the hold up?

See I’m 50/50 on that.

And the answers that you both gave I can understand why you would say that. Storm has been a very important piece to Coates run basically a support character. She’s done a lot in that comic. But looking at the last 3 issues and the previews he’s dealing with a rather large ensemble of characters. I don’t see Storm outshining them. And if she does that would be a shock and would prove and support the argument of Coates tends to favor the supporting cast than he does the main character.

And that’s no Bueno
    The reason I say that Coates won't do an omega Storm moment is that he's wrapping up his run and will have to put the toys back in the toybox. All characters will need to be put back in place so that the next writer walks in and can ignore the larger aspects of Coates' story.

He may leave goddess Storm status quo in place but I don't think he's going to have anyone one else but BP put a bow on the final arc.

He'll give her feats no doubt but nothing over the top. He'll probably save some for the rumored solo.

Honestly after what I have seen of his work on BP and Cap, I don't want him doing a Storm solo. Superhero comics just ain't for him.

Storm might be in his wheelhouse though. He writes his female characters very well: strong, good characterizations, feats etc.

If you changed the names of his solos to something else and took out BP and Steve, they read a whole lot better.

You're right about him showing a preference for female characters. That said, I still find his comics too boring. Obviously there's some skill in there, but it's just not the right frequency for superhero comics. He's out of touch with the medium and the readership, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You're right about him showing a preference for female characters. That said, I still find his comics too boring. Obviously there's some skill in there, but it's just not the right frequency for superhero comics. He's out of touch with the medium and the readership, in my opinion.
    He needs a co-writer to hit the beats and help him with pacing. Sometimes he comes across as a cross between Bendis and Claremont and not the good stuff.

Claremont would scream if he saw what Coates did to Selene and the Adversary.

Sometimes I think he pulls names out of a hat to see what villains he will use. He's not good with character motivations all the time either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The reason I say that Coates won't do an omega Storm moment is that he's wrapping up his run and will have to put the toys back in the toybox. All characters will need to be put back in place so that the next writer walks in and can ignore the larger aspects of Coates' story.

He may leave goddess Storm status quo in place but I don't think he's going to have anyone one else but BP put a bow on the final arc.

He'll give her feats no doubt but nothing over the top. He'll probably save some for the rumored solo.
    Personally I don’t see her doing anything BIG. Coates put in too many characters he’s never written before. Sooooo I don’t see Storm doing anything.

Honestly after what I have seen of his work on BP and Cap, I don't want him doing a Storm solo. Superhero comics just ain't for him.
    His writing Style is not for Comic Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post

His writing Style is not for Comic Books.
    I agree; I've read some of his other works and they are much more interesting than his comics. This just ain't the medium for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I agree; I've read some of his other works and they are much more interesting than his comics. This just ain't the medium for him!
    100% agree. I tried his cap america too and it's just not there. And on a personal note i'm sorry despite how i feel i don't think it's fair for him to be rewarded with a Storm solo with the way he treated Tchalla, especially if that is what he was angling for. I'm sorry. I was one of the hardest on BP/Storm, no one could or can still tell me it was nothing more than oh two big name black people it should work in the beginning and i was the BIGGEST critic going in and was happy it ended and i thought coates did a great job of rebuilding thembut i'm sorry i just can't get past him making Tchalla less than when this time around Tchalla really did everything the right way to rebuild trust in Ororo. Like despite me inherently being against the couple itself i have to say i feel on the back of tchalla he gave ororo those goddess feats whatever and when he felt secure enough he had ororo act out of character and dismiss a man who was actually 1000% loyal, fair and all in with her after taking crumbs during hudlin reign. I just don't feel it was worth it.

And for me thats whats so confusing about some posts. But then i'm kind of high right now. lol. It was coates who ruined Bp/Storm this time around for me after building them up by making storm look absolutely ugly in my opinion for treating a truly rehabilitated man like he was just some common thug stereotype. I'm still a little upset about it. It's like we invested time and money too and some acting like we been hating from the start and it's all on the x-office. I don't want no dude or chick around me that are going to think i'm that basic and needy that i need a bed warming when i've been nothing but 100. but thats just me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-27-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

If there is a Storm Solo I pray it comes out twice a Month........YIkes.

BANNED

I loved his Black Panther and his Captain America. Normally would nlt even buy those books but purchased them in part because of his strong portrayal of female characters I like Storm and Selene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

The goddess Storm status quo has really always been there since the Claremont days. Coates finally did more of it than anyone else.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I came across a lovely podcast regarding Storm and her use in XoS and it mirrors my thoughts pretty much. In summary the guest storm fan mentioned Ororo was too big for XoS and these stories have to find ways to inhibit her to make use of her. He goes on to say that you are lucky if you see her use abilities beyond lightning and concluded:

"i don't think she has to be in a black panther book to be used to the full extent of her abilities."

https://mobile.twitter.com/XofWords/...14995476389888

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The goddess Storm status quo has really always been there since the Claremont days. Coates finally did more of it than anyone else.
    exactly. all this talk of not liking Coates but he is the only writer ive seen that writes her even close to how she was during claremonts day. I will take coates' goddess storm any day of lying, untrustworthy, drunk XoS storm ANY day.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-27-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!