Page 100 of 613 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do you think it will be shadow king? I'm tired of that h@e trying my gurl.
    Yes. Because the Shadow King as we all know REALLY WANTED and DESIRED Storm so much he can taste her Rich Blackness.

Think about it. Every time SK(Shadow King) and Storm butted heads Storm somehow eludes him or bested him or out right resisted him.

IF it's not HIM? It's

Cassandra Nova that Woman has been after Storm as well. And if she can kill Jean it would be like killing Two Birds with One stone. But my Money is on Shadow King...in fact I believe it is him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes. Because the Shadow King as we all know REALLY WANTED and DESIRED Storm so much he can taste her Rich Blackness.

Think about it. Every time SK(Shadow King) and Storm butted heads Storm somehow eludes him or bested him or out right resisted him.

IF it's not HIM? It's

Cassandra Nova that Woman has been after Storm as well. And if she can kill Jean it would be like killing Two Birds with One stone. But my Money is on Shadow King...in fact I believe it is him.
    I didnt think about Cassandra. That's another possibility. I just dont understand these telepaths fascination with her. We had Shadow King, then emma, and Cassadra in red. What is it about Ororo that lures these telepaths with immense power to her?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I didnt think about Cassandra. That's another possibility. I just dont understand these telepaths fascination with her. We had Shadow King, then emma, and Cassadra in red. What is it about Ororo that lures these telepaths with immense power to her?
    That...is actually a GREAT Question.

I don't know and I would like an answer to that as well. Surely there are OTHER Powerful people like Storm, but your right. Storm is always getting singled out. I HOPE Storm's Goddess Mode gives her Immunity to TP.

But good question...

Well, Shadow King was after her because:

-she got him knocked into the Astral Plane for 15 years with that whole pick Xavier's pocket incident.

-he wanted to enslave her spirit(which may tie into her ancestry at some level, or just a matter of breaking that 'indomitable will'), and use her body's powers, which, wielded with evil intent, would be ridiculous

I think for Emma, it was essentially the same sort of thing. The whole thing with the Hellfire Club was that they wanted to be masters of world, and everyone else their slaves. Factor in the fact that Phoenix-Jean came to rescue Ororo while Emma was trying to break her mind(so in a way Ororo is at fault in her opinion) and put her into a coma for a few years, and there's the personal vendetta. It's only been made more complex by their decades of stories of interactions since. She's also probably jealous that Ororo is actually royal by blood(and then for a while also by marriage), whereas Emma isn't, and all her titles as "Queen/King/CEO" etc are still a class below royalty, and never mind the goddess stuff!

With Cassandra Nova, I think she was just looking for a tool to hurt Jean with, and Storm has both the powers and the personal connection to do that with.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

-she got him knocked into the Astral Plane for 15 years with that whole pick Xavier's pocket incident.

-he wanted to enslave her spirit(which may tie into her ancestry at some level, or just a matter of breaking that 'indomitable will'), and use her body's powers, which, wielded with evil intent, would be ridiculous

I think for Emma, it was essentially the same sort of thing. The whole thing with the Hellfire Club was that they wanted to be masters of world, and everyone else their slaves. Factor in the fact that Phoenix-Jean came to rescue Ororo while Emma was trying to break her mind(so in a way Ororo is at fault in her opinion) and put her into a coma for a few years, and there's the personal vendetta. It's only been made more complex by their decades of stories of interactions since. She's also probably jealous that Ororo is actually royal by blood(and then for a while also by marriage), whereas Emma isn't, and all her titles as "Queen/King/CEO" etc are still a class below royalty, and never mind the goddess stuff!

With Cassandra Nova, I think she was just looking for a tool to hurt Jean with, and Storm has both the powers and the personal connection to do that with.
    Well there you have it......

That...is actually a GREAT Question.

I don't know and I would like an answer to that as well. Surely there are OTHER Powerful people like Storm, but your right. Storm is always getting singled out. I HOPE Storm's Goddess Mode gives her Immunity to TP.

But good question...
    it wasnt something I thought about until your brought up cassadra. however, sk is one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. he could easily possess any mutant or super human being he wanted but for some reason he comes back to ororo (and he wanted her when she was a child too). even adversary had an infinity for ororo. it begs to question do these beings who possess immense power see something in ororo that goes beyond their own power they wish to possess?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

it wasnt something I thought about until your brought up cassadra. however, sk is one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. he could easily possess any mutant or super human being he wanted but for some reason he comes back to ororo (and he wanted her when she was a child too). even adversary had an infinity for ororo. it begs to question do these beings who possess immense power see something in ororo that goes beyond their own power they wish to possess?
    Yogaflame explained it perfectly really.......

BANNED

I think Goddess Storm SHOULD have Immunity to TP attacks. Immunity to Magic and Immunity to All forms of the Elemental Energy.

Just Sayin........

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

yes. with the exception of maybe cassadra a lot of this seems to go back to the power these villains/morally grey characters believes she possesses. but good description here.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I think Goddess Storm SHOULD have Immunity to TP attacks. Immunity to Magic and Immunity to All forms of the Elemental Energy.

Just Sayin........
    Immunity to elemental energy would be a great power upgrade. Magic should still be on the table, though. She's not really a magic-based character. Even if she were, magic is so broad I don't think it would make sense for her to have immunity to magic across the board, especially since she doesn't technically wield any herself. Heck, even when witches are written, most aren't written as immune to spells and magic.

Besides, we don't want Storm to be so OP that she's difficult to integrate into a story.

Just Sayin........
    I would argue she should have that immunity now without her goddess ability.

if we consider canonically speaking her willpower alone has allow her to resist very powerful telepaths in the past.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-24-2020 at 01:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Immunity to elemental energy would be a great power upgrade. Magic should still be on the table, though. She's not really a magic-based character. Even if she were, magic is so broad I don't think it would make sense for her to have immunity to magic across the board, especially since she doesn't technically wield any herself. Heck, even when witches are written, most aren't written as immune to spells and magic.

Besides, we don't want Storm to be so OP that she's difficult to integrate into a story.
    In regards to Magic Immunity why not? She has ties to Oshtur. Do it like this Aquaman had this ability called "Poseidon's Blessing" which allowed him immunity to all forms of Magic.

Turn around and do that for Storm. Call It "Oshtur's Blessing" or "The Blessing of Oshtur" make her highly resistant to Magic or Immunity. Boom Bam Done.

When you look at people who are OP already AND get power boost for no Freaking Reason like:
    -Hulk(Currently Devil Hulk is THE most powerful of them all),
    -Cosmic Thor(Has the OdinForce in him, Cosmic Energy AND his Godly Power),
    -Sentry(Him and his darkside are fused together making him more powerful) ,
    -Black Silver Surfer(who can phase through any attack now)
    -Venom(somehow he is powerful enough to beat Gods)
    -Cosmic Ghost Rider

I mean **** let Storm be OP as well. It's only fair.......

In regards to Magic Immunity why not? She has ties to Oshtur. Do it like this Aquaman had this ability called "Poseidon's Blessing" which allowed him immunity to all forms of Magic.

Turn around and do that for Storm. Call It "Oshtur's Blessing" or "The Blessing of Oshtur" make her highly resistant to Magic or Immunity. Boom Bam Done.

When you look at people who are OP already AND get power boost for no Freaking Reason like:
    -Hulk(Currently Devil Hulk is THE most powerful of them all),
    -Cosmic Thor(Has the OdinForce in him, Cosmic Energy AND his Godly Power),
    -Sentry(Him and his darkside are fused together making him more powerful) ,
    -Black Silver Surfer(who can phase through any attack now)
    -Venom(somehow he is powerful enough to beat Gods)
    -Cosmic Ghost Rider

I mean **** let Storm be OP as well. It's only fair.......

#neverforget

BANNED

#neverforget
    LOL Please I never forget that.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. He can write Storm, but he is boring i've been saying that forever. Here we are the BP Arc is almost over and NOW we're getting a good Storm moment? Damn if I had known that I would have stopped reading and waited till this very moment.

I'm telling you mah Nuggets are never wrong. I feel it. Something is about to happen this Wednesday. Ya'll Get your Arguments ready.
    To your first point, I’m sad to say that I agree for the most part. The stagnant nature of his storytelling is a big turn off for me. That’s not to say I don’t think he’s a great writer, I just think maybe comic book mediums don’t work best for his literary style. However! I do believe that if read in collective form these stories present much better and smoother as far as transition goes. It’s the month to month that really kills an already tedious/detailed story.

I’m actually shocked to see your optimism for this week as you’re normally that last one to give into hopeful fervor! I take that as a great sign and do pray to the Goddess on high that your nuggets are as telling as I hope them to be!!!