Page 436 of 613 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its definitely occurring in the hickman xmen as storm is mentioned during xmen duties for krakoa by shuri.
    Considering the story isn't even done yet, and T'challa has only just returned and they in the midst of the big battle, this entire story has to be set in the past before T'challa takes over the currently ongoing Avengers run, which is contemporaneous to the most current x-books, as evidenced by the Empyre crossovers. The fact that however Coates's run ends doesn't impact current canon should be indicative of its relative importance. If Coates refers to Krakoa, it must take place in the earliest phase that was largely skipped as referenced in HoX last year.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Considering the story isn't even done yet, and T'challa has only just returned and they in the midst of the big battle, this entire story has to be set in the past before T'challa takes over the currently ongoing Avengers run, which is contemporaneous to the most current x-books, as evidenced by the Empyre crossovers. The fact that however Coates's run ends doesn't impact current canon should be indicative of its relative importance. If Coates refers to Krakoa, it must take place in the earliest phase that was largely skipped as referenced in HoX last year.
    Ehhhh. Marvel editors as you know dont pay attention to these details when it comes to their own canonical timeline. I think Hickman's contribution to the current mythos may depict an alternative picture but often times these writers create stories independent of what is going on in other books.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I hope they cut that cord. T'challa has his own franchise to focus on, he doesn't need Ororo flying in out of nowhere to goddess the problems away before floating back to the X-Men. In an alternate universe they could work, in terms of the current Marvel comics\MCU, they are on completely separate paths.

If the MCU were going to recast T'challa with a new actor in the 25-30 range, and cast Ororo with an actress in the 20-25 range, I would be more open to them continuing in the comics, but let's be real. They will not. And the Coates run is not going to be remembered fondly or referenced much in the future. Both he and Hudlin failed with the couple despite being given a ton of creative license. And barring a huge leap, they won't happen in the MCU. The experiment has failed. Let it rest, and just build up each character as best as they can be, separately.
    I agree with this. I'd rather see what the X-Men writers have in store for her. They seem eager to take her on a journey and my curiosity is piqued. Coates bored me to tears.

One of my friends has already read the Storm issue thats dropping on tomorrow and saud its really good! I cant wait!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

One of my friends has already read the Storm issue thats dropping on tomorrow and saud its really good! I cant wait!
    So mote it be!

Ase, ase!

So mote it be!

Ase, ase!
    you know I'm not easily impressed so we shall see what tomorrow holds. I'm sure Russell will deliver with the art but I'm not really sure about the story. I hope hickman brings his a game

I hope so too. He's been sleeping on Ororo in all his showings with her so far. And I'm talking about ALL his works, FF and Avengers runs included. Storm is not in his usual sweet spot of 'mean, smarty pants' archetype. He's going to have to stretch a bit.

I hope so too. He's been sleeping on Ororo in all his showings with her so far. And I'm talking about ALL his works, FF and Avengers runs included. Storm is not in his usual sweet spot of 'mean, smarty pants' archetype. He's going to have to stretch a bit.

I keep forgetting about his ff/avengers stuff. I'm curious as to how the community of storm fans will receive this issue tomorrow. it should be very interesting.

Today is Giant-Size eve my friends. Praying to the goddess for something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I'm with you, really looking forward to picking that up tomorrow.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    me too beloved. I hope I'm not looking like this after reading that issue:

A lot of people seem to have their doubts about Ororo and T'Challa, but you guys forget that if they cut their romance the Godhood of Storm will not be fully explored, as it should be. Therefore, I wonder do we really want them to break up or something? I mean if they do that, how Storm will grow as a Goddess, if she is not part of the BP comics? More solos? It will make no sense if she is dealing with Wakandian Godhood issues, while not seeing T'Challa or something. It will make even less sense if they move her to another Pantheon, I mean what other Pantheon could take Storm and her Godhood with the X-Office Universe? We need to look at the bigger picture here.

me too beloved. I hope I'm not looking like this after reading that issue:

Kyss, I’ll take looking like that any day of my life lol. But I know what you mean. Our friend’s optimistic words have given me hope though, which I hope I don’t regret. The calm before the Storm today, but I literally took a half day at work to be at my LCS as soon as they open. Feels like Christmas Eve. I’m so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    A lot of people seem to have their doubts about Ororo and T'Challa, but you guys forget that if they cut their romance the Godhood of Storm will not be fully explored, as it should be. Therefore, I wonder do we really want them to break up or something? I mean if they do that, how Storm will grow as a Goddess, if she is not part of the BP comics? More solos? It will make no sense if she is dealing with Wakandian Godhood issues, while not seeing T'Challa or something. It will make even less sense if they move her to another Pantheon, I mean what other Pantheon could take Storm and her Godhood with the X-Office Universe? We need to look at the bigger picture here.
    Coates has been writing the book for years and has barely done anything with his Hadari Yao concept. Snooze you lose, playa. Ororo has been a goddess from day one, always will be.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm's Godhood and the exploration thereof is not in any way shape or form dependent on her relationship with T'Challa/Wakanda. It never was. nor will it ever be.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!