Page 439 of 613 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Melanated Queens!

literaly this

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the artwork was gorgeous in this xmen issue!!!! im still processing my thoughts on the book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the artwork was gorgeous in this xmen issue!!!! im still processing my thoughts on the book.
    The artwork was the absolute best part of the book. I wasn't wowed by the actual story, and I really needed an explanation as to why T'Challa, or even Shuri, wasn't conferred. I mean, I get it, X -Men story. I like that Monet figured it out for Storm. I love that, actually. But, for those who actually know T'Challa and Storm are a couple (assuming that's still true depending on when in the hell this story is taking place in relation to BP), it's a glaring omission to not have Ororo at least mention asking one of the smartest men on the planet to look into the virus. I would've been good if it was mentioned that this took place when T'Challa was off space hoping, but nope. Nothing.

But, yay, a recent X-writer recognized her as a goddess. Not an omega mutant but an actual goddess.

Melanated Queens!

Yes, yes. More Ororo and Monet. The two of them and the art were good. And when Ororo got pissed at the negotiations, Monet did not seem fazed. LOL. She just kind of looked at her like: "Okay, sis, I get it."
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-16-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

This was a solid enough issue. I came in with low expectations since the previous Giant-Sizes were weak so I enjoyed it for what it was. Storm took charge, stated what she is (mutant AND goddess), and some nice tidbits were left at the end tying up some of the plot from previous issues (like the Atlantean key from the Magneto Giant-Size having the same symbol as the containment suit in the World). Interesting stuff that in isolation isn't that great, but will probably be relevant in the wider story.

As far as X-Men 12 is concerned, I think there's a stronger argument to be made that Storm isn't the woman shown in that 8 of Cups card for XoS. It looks like that's supposed to be Apocalypse's lost lover Genesis who died against that classified woman. The hair, facial markings, and earrings all match up. There's some inconsistency though. Genesis has a much lighter skin tone in the issue than on that card and she seems to have pupils (at least when she wasn't using her powers).

This could potentially be hinting at that not actually being Genesis but maybe someone related, like Storm, making her an ancestor. Plus in the Giant-Size today Storm literally said "lifting up" her people like on the card so there's still clues for either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    The artwork was the absolute best part of the book. I wasn't wowed by the actual story, and I really needed an explanation as to why T'Challa, or even Shuri, wasn't conferred. I mean, I get it, X -Men story. I like that Monet figured it out for Storm. I love that, actually. But, for those who actually know T'Challa and Storm are a couple (assuming that's still true depending on when in the hell this story is taking place in relation to BP), it's a glaring omission to not have Ororo at least mention asking one of the smartest men on the planet to look into the virus. I would've been good if it was mentioned that this took place when T'Challa was off space hoping, but nope. Nothing.

But, yay, a recent X-writer recognized her as a goddess. Not an omega mutant but an actual goddess.
    Yes the artwork i had zero complaints but the story itself i was honestly a bit underwhelmed. I'm going to read the issue again but my first thoughts was that the story was slow and when we did get action it seemed to end before it started.

I also was hoping that she would have mentioned tchalla/shuri as one of her resources but I wasn't shocked when they were nkt mentioned. I did like Hickman acknowledging that she was a goddess and curious what he meant when she shecsaid she was done with machines.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes the artwork i had zero complaints but the story itself i was honestly a bit underwhelmed. I'm going to read the issue again but my first thoughts was that the story was slow and when we did get action it seemed to end before it started.

I also was hoping that she would have mentioned tchalla/shuri as one of her resources but I wasn't shocked when they were nkt mentioned. I did like Hickman acknowledging that she was a goddess and curious what he meant when she shecsaid she was done with machines.
    The problem with it is that it shouldnt have been one issue. While you thought the story was slow, I think it could have been expanded and been at least a 3 part mini. The GS Jean/Emma issue serving as issue one and this as th finale, which I would have had take exclusively as the battle in The World. I think we didnt really get a middle part to this story arc

BANNED

Okay so, tchalla or shuri would be relevant if what afflicted ororo wasnt a mutant specific threat, but it is and arguably the most urgent one.
    But with ororo's proactivity, strength , her indomital will and leadership she defeated the children of the vault in their attempt to kill her and found usefull intel to use agaist one of the most deadly dangers to the nation of krakoa.

I know some were disapointed since there wasnt a big power showcasse, but honestly part of the reason why so many treat ororo like a pretty lightning slinging acessory is because many forget there's a powerfull woman behind all that, a charismatic and capable leader that leads by example and whose presence pushes everyone forward.

This issue showcassed Ororo's spirit and inner core, that she will NOT die as long as she can do something about it and showcassed how competent and powerfull she is AND it had a positive result to everyone, her leadership brought change and a positive outcome to the people she leads.

For me this was a very good issue, it may no be what some wanted but I genuinly belived it was what she needed, Hickman's Storm is very good and i can say that for certain now.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-16-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

The problem with it is that it shouldnt have been one issue. While you thought the story was slow, I think it could have been expanded and been at least a 3 part mini. The GS Jean/Emma issue serving as issue one and this as th finale, which I would have had take exclusively as the battle in The World. I think we didnt really get a middle part to this story arc
    I think that hits the nail on the head, thank you!
    Did look good though.

I think looking back at all the one shots or at least the first one is I didn't necessarily see how the elements from the first book tied to the last outside of her dying. I would have loved to see a bit more of what emma and jean experienced inside ororos mind explained.

thinking back i loved that ororo wasn't resigned to just dying and wanted to fight to preserve her life. that felt very ororo to me. neverthrless, I was hoping for more so maybe that is why I'm s bit disappointed but glad this will lead to some deeper stories for her!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This was a solid enough issue. I came in with low expectations since the previous Giant-Sizes were weak so I enjoyed it for what it was. Storm took charge, stated what she is (mutant AND goddess), and some nice tidbits were left at the end tying up some of the plot from previous issues (like the Atlantean key from the Magneto Giant-Size having the same symbol as the containment suit in the World). Interesting stuff that in isolation isn't that great, but will probably be relevant in the wider story.

As far as X-Men 12 is concerned, I think there's a stronger argument to be made that Storm isn't the woman shown in that 8 of Cups card for XoS. It looks like that's supposed to be Apocalypse's lost lover Genesis who died against that classified woman. The hair, facial markings, and earrings all match up. There's some inconsistency though. Genesis has a much lighter skin tone in the issue than on that card and she seems to have pupils (at least when she wasn't using her powers).

This could potentially be hinting at that not actually being Genesis but maybe someone related, like Storm, making her an ancestor. Plus in the Giant-Size today Storm literally said "lifting up" her people like on the card so there's still clues for either direction.
    I thought genesis and the masked classidied woman were fighting and genesis was killed by her?

BANNED

and she did a similar feat to her spaceship obliteration, but on a smaller scale, ororo defeating the world is no small feat.
    to me this was great character work and showcasses her core and how she should be written remarkably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and she did a similar feat to her spaceship obliteration, but on a smaller scale.
    to me this was great character work and showcasses her core and how she should be written remarkably.
    what did you think was going on when she created the wind? there was talk of using the machines as weapons. I thought she was actively taking control of them but then when she said wind it threw me off.

I think looking back at all the one shots or at least the first one is I didn't necessarily see how the elements from the first book tied to the last outside of her dying. I would have loved to see a bit more of what emma and jean experienced inside ororos mind explained.

thinking back i loved that ororo wasn't resigned to just dying and wanted to fight to preserve her life. that felt very ororo to me. neverthrless, I was hoping for more so maybe that is why I'm s bit disappointed but glad this will lead to some deeper stories for her!
    True, but then you have the hoping for a miracle line. That line did bug me, and it contradicts her inner monologue at the end. Hoping for a miracle is passive. Nothing else she did in the issue, or in how I view her character, is passive. Hell, it was Emma's sarcasm that drew Ororo away from her maudlin thoughts. Now that I thought Hickman did very well. For me, it was clear why Emma said what she did to Ororo and it wasn't her being bitchy for the sake of being a bitch. She deliberately wanted to get a rise out of Ororo to spark her fight spirit, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    True, but then you have the hoping for a miracle line. That line did bug me, and it contradicts her inner monologue at the end. Hoping for a miracle is passive. Nothing else she did in the issue, or in how I view her character, is passive. Hell, it was Emma's sarcasm that drew Ororo away from her maudlin thoughts. Now that I thought Hickman did very well. For me, it was clear why Emma said what she did to Ororo and it wasn't her being bitchy for the sake of being a bitch. She deliberately wanted to get a rise out of Ororo to spark her fight spirit, IMO.
    [oh chike you give Emma way more credit than I do but she is known for her manipulative personality so you may be on to something. that is one thing I did like seeing hr fighting spirit and not giving up on living.