Page 576 of 613 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This is a possibility. A great adversary for Storm! War probably hates her too, from the dinner party/hurting her brother.
    If those two could be folded into her rouge gallery, I would be impress.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    This really is goddess stuff, X-office need to stop the talk and start showing it
    Hello?! That right there was some Claremontian type writing. Storm consciousness spread across the cosmos allowing her to connect to all its energy in space? Thats insane and the type of impressive showing that excites me as a fan. The XoS stuff was cute but nothing to write home about imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I think the purpose of the sword was obvious. The reactions varied. To be fair, Storm literally shocked and stunned Annihilation, the big bad of this event, and the leader and most powerful force in the incoming invasion. (Genesis without the mask is considered more powerful than Apocalypse and this was with the god force mask on). She also managed to hold back the entire first demon wave by herself to buy the XMen time. People were impressed when Storm held back Sinister and the Marauders on her own and this was that on a much larger scale. While it wasn't the most creative use of powers, I would argue that it was an impressive display of raw power on her part. That coupled with her hand to hand defeat of Death, a being who survived for 1000 years in combat, while being drunk and without her powers, and I'm confused as to how it makes one easily impressed.
    I acknowledged her showings in the last book were nice but even with this its the same song and dance. We've seen her dispatch armies of aliens in Fearless with lightning to which Captain Marvel and Invisible Woman's were in awe. We've seen Storms lightning hurt X-man/Legion when Jean and others couldn't stop him. My point is seeing storm use lightning and wind in the fashion we saw in the XoS isn't new or even that creative. Seeing Storns power taken away to show she can still handle her own isn't new,, duggan did this early on in Marauders. Show me her shutting down legions of the army by shutting down their brains, or removing the air from their lungs. Show me her preventing the army from advancing by creating an impenetrable shield of air. Show me a storm sending an emp or radiation energy wave that instantly ko their forces. Show me her integrating her H2H abilities in tandem with her powers, why does she have to always be stripped of her powers for this to be shown (see Xmen World Apart)? That would be some goddess type stuff. What XoS showed me as a reader was more of the same and its hard for me to be excited about that when it feels so repetitive.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-26-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

You definitely can't please everbody. I'm glad the overall consensus seems to be this is a great time for storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

This is a possibility. A great adversary for Storm! War probably hates her too, from the dinner party/hurting her brother.
    Yes, I would save Death to make him Storm's arch-nemesis or something.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yes, I would save Death to make him Storm's arch-nemesis or something.
    a vampire death would be the perfect rogue for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    a vampire death would be the perfect rogue for her.
    How would he ever be a danger to her though? She allready bested him at his best, while being weakend. So what can he do the next time he shows up?

If he does anything openly she just lightning bolts him, throws him in a tornado or rains ice blades down on him. If she got her powers supressed she just stabs him again. If he tries to mindcontroll her she breaks out. If he tries to turn her into a vampire too, he just makes her stronger, if it works at all. If he takes hostages she frees them or kills him before he can harm them. Etc.

And if all else fails, she has friends, many of them, who will come to her aid.

This Death does not look like he has the mental, physical or power based dimension which would be necessary to best Storm in a way which would feel earned, after all the various enemies she has defeated over the years. Especialy after his showing in the event.

Just my two cents.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    How would he ever be a danger to her though? She allready bested him at his best, while being weakend. So what can he do the next time he shows up?

If he does anything openly she just lightning bolts him, throws him in a tornado or rains ice blades down on him. If she got her powers supressed she just stabs him again. If he tries to mindcontroll her she breaks out. If he tries to turn her into a vampire too, he just makes her stronger, if it works at all. If he takes hostages she frees them or kills him before he can harm them. Etc.

This Death does not look like he has the mental, physical or power based dimension which would be necessary to best Storm in a way which would feel earned, after all the various enemies she has defeated over the years. Especialy after his showing in the event.

Just my two cents.
    But remember she bested him by reflecting his death stare or whatever with the sword. She was lucky she had it or she would've been in trouble. I would love to see a raw fight between them though. If Geneisis survived a lightning bolt I don't see why he can't.

Just a sketch in honor of my fave trio.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Very Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Very nice work!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Probably a cosmic cube of some kind, she is going to space after all.

Mmm, definitely interesting. Storm finally tapping into her magic with the help of Sersi... yes.

The whole point was to build Otherworld, the different realities, expand on world-building and story-background, it was a solid run. I am not happy about the contests they seemed boring to me personally, but definitely loved the end and the whole world-building and background story building. A lot of exploration and material there.

Furthermore, do you guys know who is out there, beside the Shi'ar's Empire? Come on, Storm brings her name quite often... who might be?

spoilers:
    Oshtur, of course! The Bright Lady!
    end of spoilers

And she is both a Goddess and a proficient Sorceress, who else can teach our beloved one, to be a Goddess and a Magic Proficient if not her?

And as promised way back, before the XoS event started, I am sharing the thoughts which I had for what the event might bring for Storm! Check it out here!
    The goddess power is her magic potential. Divine or holy energy is magic. Also Sersi "magic" is also transmuation
    Last edited by KLY360; 11-27-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Incredible Member

I think turned her eyes to the sky means she's about to do something big in the last two issues of Black Panther. Which is why that's the was a reason it was a long hold.
    Last edited by KLY360; 11-27-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I think turned her eyes to the sky means she's about to do something big in the last two issues of Black Panther. Which is why that's the was a reason it was a long hold.
    They have already advertised Ororo, Scott, and Jean are going to Shi'Ar space.

Coates story is completely out of sync with the rest of the books. Considering T'Challa was lost in space for a long time and has only just recently returned, Coates BP has to take place before the current Avengers run where T'Challa is chairperson. Which means the conclusion of his run has essentially no bearing on the rest of the line....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Coates story is completely out of sync with the rest of the books. Considering T'Challa was lost in space for a long time and has only just recently returned, Coates BP has to take place before the current Avengers run where T'Challa is chairperson. Which means the conclusion of his run has essentially no bearing on the rest of the line....
    Can you show me this Shi'Ar space arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Just my two cents.
    if he is a vampire, which I'm assuming he is, his undead abilities plus his own mutant abilities would make him a worthy opponent to ororo. ororo as strong as she is still can be struck down by mortal means and death doesn't have that weakness against him any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Can you show me this Shi'Ar space arc?
    it hasn't dropped yet. its a future xmen issue.

his books were not completely out of sync. in his books he referenced krakoa and storm working there and in Hickman's books Magneto spoke with hodari who was created by Coates. at any rate misalignment with other books or not coates' run is still canon and the verdict is still out on how it will impact ororo moving forward. Hickman is still referring to her as a goddess which was canonized by Coates.