Page 192 of 613 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I can’t find the source to cite at the moment but IIRC it was Tyra Banks for Storm, Charisma Carpenter (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) for Jean, and Chris Klein (“American Pie”) for Cyclops.

I think I had a similar “Amazing Friends” Saturday Morning cartoon experience. I saw Ororo in this clip and the “X-Men Adventure” and “A Firestar is Born” episodes and I was hooked!
    As a kid, this episode and the one where Firestar kind of falls for Sunfire are two of my favorites.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

which was your favorite? xmen tas was mine.
    The Animated Series from the 90s! I loved how they showed various uses of her power which included making ice when her and Colossus broke Rogue out of jail, Fog when she fought against Apocalypse's 4 horsemen, a snowstorm when she froze Omega Red, Mist to see infrared beams when she and the x-men broke into that facitily to destroy mutant files, wind when she flew a few of the x-men to the top of the building to fight the Hellfire Club aka Inner Circle, etc.
    Last edited by metalclouds; 04-07-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I never saw that character study sheet before! Man, would have been great to get a few seasons out of that animation studio! Pryde of the X-Men was just a short intro story, but their Storm did get a little arc with Logan over the episode and had some great feats(she even made an elemental bubble in space, something comics Storm hasn't really ever done!). Lots of potential.

Attachment 95319
    I hate when the cartoon versions do better ish than the comic. aside from that in WatX she created a dome of wind that deflected domino's bullets. why she doesnt do this regularly in the comics is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    At first, it was Firestar, who I still love but I saw Storm on SAHAF and the use of her powers. I was hooked...
    I just watched the one where sunfire ex comes back to get her. it was very 80s, very saturday cartoon feeling, and very cute. her voice was really off but it was cute episode. now I need to find the full episode where they fight juggernaut.

I can’t find the source to cite at the moment but IIRC it was Tyra Banks for Storm, Charisma Carpenter (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) for Jean, and Chris Klein (“American Pie”) for Cyclops.

I think I had a similar “Amazing Friends” Saturday Morning cartoon experience. I saw Ororo in this clip and the “X-Men Adventure” and “A Firestar is Born” episodes and I was hooked!
    oh no worries boo!! thank you still I've never heard that until now.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

And she was shorter than Logan! Ugh, the Fox-Men aesthetic really bleed far and wide. I hope the MCU versions are correct again(short Logan, tall Ororo).
    Speaking of getting height proportions correct.... Found something *I* hadn’t seen before. Ororo looked ok in proportion to Logan in “Pryde” but the style sheet shows heights are of overall. Someone afraid of a imperious tall Woman???

And this was before the Hugh Jackman factor was a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    The Animated Series from the 90s! I loved how they showed various uses of her power which included making ice when her and Colossus broke Rogue out of jail, Fog when she fought against Apocalypse's 4 horsemen, a snowstorm when she froze Omega Red, Mist to see infrared beams when she and the x-men broke into that facitily to destroy mutant files, wind when she flew a few of the x-men to the top of the building to fight the Hellfire Club aka Inner Circle, etc.

indeed!! I believe tas resonated so much with fans is because she was very close to her comic version we fell in love with. it wasnt lightning lass 24/7 with TAS as you've pointed out.

also love the vid. that artist did amazing work with showing how bad ass storm in a cartoon should be. her freezing colossus and sending those blades back to Warren were bomb af!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I wish they would have let him continue with this.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wish they would have let him continue with this.
    It is a tragedy what they did to that guy. Granted, he shouldn't have been trying to sell licensed character art(even though lots of people do that..), but damn, Disney, work with him! He obviously knows what he's doing.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It is a tragedy what they did to that guy. Granted, he shouldn't have been trying to sell licensed character art(even though lots of people do that..), but damn, Disney, work with him! He obviously knows what he's doing.
    I believe I saw so ethung from him on YouTube or Facebook saying marvel hired him after the lawsuit fight he had with them.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I believe I saw so ethung from him on YouTube or Facebook saying marvel hired him after the lawsuit fight he had with them.
    I heard that, but it's never been followed up on, years now. Maybe they just said that to smooth over PR. Let me do some digging...

I heard that, but it's never been followed up on, years now. Maybe they just said that to smooth over PR. Let me do some digging...

I recall it being from his own mouth that he got a job but it was a few years ago so I vaguely remember exactly what is said. let me know what you find out

Here's his website, doesn't look like any current Marvel work, but he does have all of his sketches and concept art here.

http://www.joelfurtado.com/?portfoli...room-protocols

I don't think he works for Marvel. He seems busy, but not with them, and just commented a week ago on Insta about the Danger Room protocols being shut down by them, citing it was 'poor timing'(as Marvel was still suppressing the Fox-owned IP in 2015/2016).

Here's his website, doesn't look like any current Marvel work, but he does have all of his sketches and concept art here.

http://www.joelfurtado.com/?portfoli...room-protocols

I don't think he works for Marvel. He seems busy, but not with them, and just commented a week ago on Insta about the Danger Room protocols being shut down by them, citing it was 'poor timing'(as Marvel was still suppressing the Fox-owned IP in 2015/2016).
    https://thegeekiary.com/talking-joel...industry/35993

he worked on contest of champions and developed specifically nightcrawler and beast.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHnVHnjh...2-D6AA047F6E31
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-08-2020 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

Speaking of getting height proportions correct.... Found something *I* hadn’t seen before. Ororo looked ok in proportion to Logan in “Pryde” but the style sheet shows heights are of overall. Someone afraid of a imperious tall Woman???

And this was before the Hugh Jackman factor was a thing...
    This height thing looks ok, but the only thing wrong is Wolverine. He should not be the same height as Storm. With heels I’m gonna say Storm is probably 5’11. Without heels probably 5’10. Kitty has to be about 5’8 because Nightcrawler is 5’9 they both are almost the same height in the comics. And Colossus has to be 6’6 though I wonder if his height increases when he’s Metal.

I don’t know how tall Pyro is or Toad, but if I had to guess I think Pyro is the same height as Storm and Toad is the same height as Wolverine. Wolverine has always been described as a short short man. He is 5’3 how the hell is he the same height as everyone else????

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This height thing looks ok, but the only thing wrong is Wolverine. Be should not be the same height as Storm. With heels I’m gonna say Storm is probably 5’11. Without heels probably 5’10. Kitty has to be about 5’8 because Nightcrawler is 5’9 they both are almost the same height in the comics. And Colossus has to be 6’6 though I wonder if his height increases when he’s Metal.

I don’t know how tall Pyro is or Toad, but if I had to hurt I think Pyro is the same height as Storm and Toad is the same height as Wolverine. Wolverine has always been described as a short short man. He is 5’3 how the hell is he the same height as everyone else????
    the height looks off to me. wolverine is what 5'2" or something like that but he looks as tall as storm who is 5'11".

oan: I know I mentioned this before but it seems themat covid19 will impact the release of her giant size. maybe all the the books will be pushed out several months from when they were initially skated to be released.