Page 43 of 613 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Lol I think you misunderstand my “hopes”. The only hope I had for this was that Storm might have a prominent feature in another Dawn of X book. This cover with Storm rising center and the only one with no “sidekick” combined with Chris Robinson’s Storm tease for a book involving Ororo that Vita’s writing, I would say pretty much confirm that’s the case. It’s not a solo but we need Ororo’s mentality/perspective throughout this whole Dawn of X storyline.

I think this is “good” news in a way then! If Vita was placed on a solo then you could bet your ass Coates wouldn’t get the chance anytime soon, if ever. At least the opportunity still exists for your ideal solo team to come into being. Probs be much better than a Vita Storm solo anyway tbh.

This is how I feel as well tbh. If there’s a chance for more exposition from her viewpoint, I’ll take what I can get.

I don’t get the sense that they are “related” to the X-characters in any way really. I think there is going to be some affiliation/correlation between those kids and the X-characters they correspond to. Saw theories that Warren’s sidekick is a kid from X-factor 66 who was the son of Charlotte Jones, who used to date Angel. Her son was shown to idolize angel back in the day so it would make sense for him to grow up to be his “protege” of sorts. Just a theory but it has potential!

Attachment 92092

https://twitter.com/isnownothin/stat...577819136?s=21

excellent point about vita and the solo! that is good news and gives me hope we will get the solo one day! hopefully soon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    OH No. I understood your "Hopes" correctly. Which is why I said it was misplaced LOL.
    I'm trying to tell you again. Hoping for a Storm to have a prominent feature in another or any future DoX book lol isn't happening.

As for Children of the Atom. Looking at the players on the cover along with Storm? don't hold ya breathe. Man i'm trying to tell you....
    Trust me, I relate to your cynicism in regards to the X-office after the mountains of trash that we’ve had to deal with over the years. “Prominent” depends on your interpretation. A character can be prominent in a book and still not have a good showing or characterization. I can’t and won’t speak anything to the quality of Ororo’s appearance in the new Vita book but I’m obviously going to hope it’s decent since we have nothing else to go on, positively or negatively, at this point. We’ll have to disagree however on your confidence that nothing can or will happen with Ororo going forward in the Dawn of X books. There actually are pretty established and factual reasons to think she’ll appear in Vita’s new CotA book, as I’ve mentioned before. Whether it’s good or “prominent” enough however? Remains to be seen.

BANNED

Trust me, I relate to your cynicism in regards to the X-office after the mountains of trash that we’ve had to deal with over the years. “Prominent” depends on your interpretation. A character can be prominent in a book and still not have a good showing or characterization. I can’t and won’t speak anything to the quality of Ororo’s appearance in the new Vita book but I’m obviously going to hope it’s decent since we have nothing else to go on, positively or negatively, at this point. We’ll have to disagree however on your confidence that nothing can or will happen with Ororo going forward in the Dawn of X books. There actually are pretty established and factual reasons to think she’ll appear in Vita’s new CotA book, as I’ve mentioned before. Whether it’s good or “prominent” enough however? Remains to be seen.
    Alright, more power to you. We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    excellent point about vita and the solo! that is good news and gives me hope we will get the solo one day! hopefully soon.
    Yes! Honestly there’s been far less evidence that Vita likes, appreciates, or understands Ororo as much as much as Coates has shown to do. Not to say they don’t, but I like to deal in hard facts and the fact is Coates has shown his adoration for Ororo multiple times and in many different ways. Even much to the chagrin of some lol. So if I had to pick, I’d want him on her potential solo book over Vita anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Alright, more power to you. We shall see sir.
    Most definitely! I like a friendly wager even though I hope I’m right since in that case, we both will be happy. Haha

I love Storm, Claremont's Goddess of thunder, one of my favorite superheroes of all time. I love her in the comics, the 90's cartoon, X-Men: Evolution, Marvel Vs. Capcom, X-Men: legends, Ultimate Alliance, you name it, she's compassionate yet brutal when she needs to be. I can't wait until the MCU does the X-Men, keen to see Fiege's Storm. She has been presented so terribly in cinema thus far.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I love Storm, Claremont's Goddess of thunder, one of my favorite superheroes of all time. I love her in the comics, the 90's cartoon, X-Men: Evolution, Marvel Vs. Capcom, X-Men: legends, Ultimate Alliance, you name it, she's compassionate yet brutal when she needs to be. I can't wait until the MCU does the X-Men, keen to see Fiege's Storm. She has been presented so terribly in cinema thus far.
    Hey there! Bienvenidos to the temple/thread of all things Storm. Always nice to see another peer with love and respect for our girl. Hope you make yourself at home here.

Yes! Honestly there’s been far less evidence that Vita likes, appreciates, or understands Ororo as much as much as Coates has shown to do. Not to say they don’t, but I like to deal in hard facts and the fact is Coates has shown his adoration for Ororo multiple times and in many different ways. Even much to the chagrin of some lol. So if I had to pick, I’d want him on her potential solo book over Vita anyway.
    agreed 100% boo. I know ms. bartel had mentioned a while back the solo was still coming but then jordan white said it wasnt essentially. I'm still holding out hope considering Hickman is clearly working with coates.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

i think a coates storm solo would be quite perfect since he has great ability to create new concepts and since storm's tenure as a solo is so small, he would have a pratically empty page to fill with his concepts witout much pushback, not only that he would obviously have something to say about mutants in general, especially with hickman's current concept (wich to me seems like up his ally of high conceptual super heroes)

I truly belive storm by coates would be an important read for more than storm fans and would be a wonderfull addition to the line.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i think a coates storm solo would be quite perfect since he has great ability to create new concepts and since storm's tenure as a solo is so small, he would have a pratically empty page to fill with his concepts witout much pushback, not only that he would obviously have something to say about mutants in general, especially with hickman's current concept (wich to me seems like up his ally of high conceptual super heroes)

I truly belive storm by coates would be an important read for more than storm fans and would be a wonderfull addition to the line.
    I agree. I think Coates would write an amazing Storm mini or ongoing solo. Although, I think, based on how he's written BP, Coates would give Ororo a strong set of supporting characters. I think he would build her world and show the diversity that makes up her multi-faceted existence. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that will happen under his pen. I believe he had some concrete ideas as to how he could tell her story, sharing her long history but also adding to the current character. I think he had similar goals for the heroes in BP and the Crew, which is why I LOVED his nod to his own damn comic when he brought in the Crew, plus Falcon and Rambeau in this week's issue of BP. He did not let that connection he created with the heroes go to waste despite the cancellation.

Sigh, I mourn for what could've been.

Hey there! Bienvenidos to the temple/thread of all things Storm. Always nice to see another peer with love and respect for our girl. Hope you make yourself at home here.
    Muchas gracias! What a grand temple it is!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Yes I would be curious to see how Coates' would address the idea of Ororo being an actual goddess in the world of the current mutantkind where they are playing as gods. I think there are only technically maybe two mutants, outside of Ororo, who would qualify as an actual god: Siyrn and Selene.

I believe this as well. Coates has written a superb black panther in terms of building the mythos and expanding open the idea of the nation (with regards to their gods and their reach in the galaxy). i'm also curious where coates is looking to take the story after the reboot (if it is rebooted).

BANNED

Yes I would be curious to see how Coates' would address the idea of Ororo being an actual goddess in the world of the current mutantkind where they are playing as gods. I think there are only technically maybe two mutants, outside of Ororo, who would qualify as an actual god: Siyrn and Selene.

I believe this as well. Coates has written a superb black panther in terms of building the mythos and expanding open the idea of the nation (with regards to their gods and their reach in the galaxy). i'm also curious where coates is looking to take the story after the reboot (if it is rebooted).
    i feel also he would work well off hickmans ideas and not get as much backlash for some of his ideas, especialy about mutants in general.

i feel also he would work well off hickmans ideas and not get as much backlash for some of his ideas, especialy about mutants in general.
    well there is definitely indication they both are playing nice. we have coates referencing ororo's obligation to Krakoa (which tchalla has no issue with) and we have seen references to Coates' bp characters in Hickman's book.

BANNED

well there is definitely indication they both are playing nice. we have coates referencing ororo's obligation to Krakoa (which tchalla has no issue with) and we have seen references to Coates' bp characters in Hickman's book.
    obligations? i only know of them talking about opression and bringing up krakoa, is this the most recent issue?