Page 20 of 613 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120520 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Really? It was a cute scene within the context of the story, no doubt, but in terms of use of Storm as a character, I was sorely disappointed. Hickman reduced her to town crier/minstrel and a projector(in the previous issue's water telepathy video chat chain) in his magnum opus. Really, that's the best you could do with Ororo? His use of her since hasn't inspired much hope that he'll circle back around to her in some great way. I just think Hickman doesn't like Storm very much and ultimately just used her to spout exposition about other characters...
    Oh, I have gripes and disappointments with his use of Storm. She’s certainly been squandered, but as a singular moment, it was divine. It captured so much of what I love about the character: her compassion, authoritativeness, joyousness, charisma, and flair for drama and bombast. Who else have we seen address so many mutants while bringing such pride and joy to their hearts? That first read was so glorious and unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Oh, I have gripes and disappointments with his use of Storm. She’s certainly been squandered, but as a singular moment, it was divine. It captured so much of what I love about the character: her compassion, authoritativeness, joyousness, charisma, and flair for drama and bombast. Who else have we seen address so many mutants while bringing such pride and joy to their hearts? That first read was so glorious and unsettling.
    I'm with you. For me she came off much better than most he wrote. She is almost a divine figure to me. The first person you see when your revived into the heaven that is krakoa. I think that in of itself plays into why pyro is so protective of her. What others writers do is on them but Hickman is setting groundwork and what he has set for storm has so much potential. He set her as a divine being among mutants and in X-Men 4 restated wakandians see her as a queen. Other fans wish they got a fraction of that. Perhaps he doesn't feel he can do her voice justice on a continuous basis and I can't be mad at him for that but he definitely gave her several places of prominence for other writers to explore.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hope all this storm talk leads to a storm solo written by a black female, especially if she is still going to be with tchalla. No Coates anywhere near this for me. I want to see tchalla shine in a storm solo as her partner and crime. He deserves it. New writer in bp, new storm solo with a female writer and the x- team acknowledging it all please and thank you.
    All of this, although I've enjoyed Coates voice and use of Storm.

tenor (1).jpg

BANNED

I'm with you. For me she came off much better than most he wrote. She is almost a divine figure to me. The first person you see when your revived into the heaven that is krakoa. I think that in of itself plays into why pyro is so protective of her. What others writers do is on them but Hickman is setting groundwork and what he has set for storm has so much potential. He set her as a divine being among mutants and in X-Men 4 restated wakandians see her as a queen. Other fans wish they got a fraction of that. Perhaps he doesn't feel he can do her voice justice on a continuous basis and I can't be mad at him for that but he definitely gave her several places of prominence for other writers to explore.
    Yeah, I feel like he’s positioning her as well. How much fruit that bears remains to be seen, of course, but I have liked his use of her. Doesn’t mean I don’t want more. I’m ready for her to run that council.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Really? It was a cute scene within the context of the story, no doubt, but in terms of use of Storm as a character, I was sorely disappointed. Hickman reduced her to town crier/minstrel and a projector(in the previous issue's water telepathy video chat chain) in his magnum opus. Really, that's the best you could do with Ororo? His use of her since hasn't inspired much hope that he'll circle back around to her in some great way. I just think Hickman doesn't like Storm very much and ultimately just used her to spout exposition about other characters...
    I'm all for the potential of a given situation. It's actually look for. How can I spin this particular situation into a stance that makes her look good? That's what I ask myself and then I move from there.

I appreciate Hickman including her on the omega list and the quiet council. I also appreciate the fact that sects of humanity are popping up that pray to or believe in mutants as gods. I thoroughly enjoy Hickman's use of Hodari to confirm that Wakanda's not only done exactly what Krakoa is trying to accomplish, he even confirms that Wakanda harbors no ill will for the mutant state, but instead holds reservation for the discretion of their chosen kings and queens. The potential that surrounds these implications are huge for her character. I cannot deny that.

However, I have this nagging suspicion about the narrative he gives to her. What have we witnessed her doing on the page? You mentioned the psychic projector/town crier. It reminds me of the black preacher trope. He's allowed to hold away over a congregation just as long as he's spreading the message of white jesus and turning the other cheek to your enemies. Basically he's only allowed to preach a message for capitulation to the white power structure. How is that any different from what Hickman is doing with her? What other ideas can she be seen influencing the world outside of one that's tantamount to white mutant supremacy?

It's good to see that she's part of the grand reopening of the mutant swimming pool. It's a bit disheartening to see that Emma, Moira Magneto and Xavier are all setting the rules of engagement, but Ororo is content simply being allowed through the entrance. It's crazy that he appears to be working amicably with Coates on her trajectory, but the woman in Black Panther feels like a leader. She's been seen actively helping guide Wakanda as a nation while T'Challa was absent. COATES GETS THAT LEADERSHIP QUALITY ABOUT HER. That's why I champion that unbelievable potential of his Hadari Yao.

I can't help but to scratch my head at the rejection of that Ororo as Hadari Yao only to elevate this poor excuse for a Priestess of Krakoa Krakoa that's been shown tidying up after the children in both Hickman's X-men and Duggan's Marauders. Gurl....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I'm all for the potential of a given situation. It's actually look for. How can I spin this particular situation into a stance that makes her look good? That's what I ask myself and then I move from there.

I appreciate Hickman including her on the omega list and the quiet council. I also appreciate the fact that sects of humanity are popping up that pray to or believe in mutants as gods. I thoroughly enjoy Hickman's use of Hodari to confirm that Wakanda's not only done exactly what Krakoa is trying to accomplish, he even confirms that Wakanda harbors no ill will for the mutant state, but instead holds reservation for the discretion of their chosen kings and queens. The potential that surrounds these implications are huge for her character. I cannot deny that.

However, I have this nagging suspicion about the narrative he gives to her. What have we witnessed her doing on the page? You mentioned the psychic projector/town crier. It reminds me of the black preacher trope. He's allowed to hold away over a congregation just as long as he's spreading the message of white jesus and turning the other cheek to your enemies. Basically he's only allowed to preach a message for capitulation to the white power structure. How is that any different from what Hickman is doing with her? What other ideas can she be seen influencing the world outside of one that's tantamount to white mutant supremacy?

It's good to see that she's part of the grand reopening of the mutant swimming pool. It's a bit disheartening to see that Emma, Moira Magneto and Xavier are all setting the rules of engagement, but Ororo is content simply being allowed through the entrance. It's crazy that he appears to be working amicably with Coates on her trajectory, but the woman in Black Panther feels like a leader. She's been seen actively helping guide Wakanda as a nation while T'Challa was absent. COATES GETS THAT LEADERSHIP QUALITY ABOUT HER. That's why I champion that unbelievable potential of his Hadari Yao.

I can't help but to scratch my head at the rejection of that Ororo as Hadari Yao only to elevate this poor excuse for a Priestess of Krakoa Krakoa that's been shown tidying up after the children in both Hickman's X-men and Duggan's Marauders. Gurl....
    I do appreciate this point of view. Thank you for that. If she goes nowhere from here, then that scene would be re-contextualized for me. As it stands now, I see Storm being positioned. We know she’s a big part of GSX #1. We know she’s involved in X/FF. We know she has at least two “big” stories coming in 2020, at least one of which is outside of the X-office. Whether any of this pans out and results in a Storm with real agency and her own agenda remains to be seen. In the meantime, I’m relishing those developments and moments that speak to me and complaining about the rest lol.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

i like your explanation on why pyro is protective of her. it's almost like she is the surrogate mother of all mutants.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...edium=facebook

Have you guys already seen this? I don't know how I'd feel about Ayala on her solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...edium=facebook

Have you guys already seen this? I don't know how I'd feel about Ayala on her solo.
    what has Ayala dont before? and I'm excited yet disappointed at same time. I was really hoping for Coates/Bartel to work on her solo if she gets one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

God please give me a Storm solo.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what has Ayala dont before? and I'm excited yet disappointed at same time. I was really hoping for Coates/Bartel to work on her solo if she gets one.
    Ayala wrote Prisoner X

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

"Vita Ayala is a queer Afro-Latinx writer out of New York City, where they live with their wife and cat sons. Their work includes THE WILDS (Black Mask Studios), SUPERGIRL (DC), XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS (Dynamite), MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE (Marvel), LIVEWIRE (Valiant), and SUBMERGED (Vault), among others. They're non-stop, like Hamilton!"

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/vita-a...e-here-to-stay

creator103563._QL80_TTD_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Ayala wrote Prisoner X
    oh during age of x? I thought that book was pretty good. was it not?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-10-2020 at 02:31 PM.

BANNED

If it were me, I’d have Coates and Ayala co-write since he clearly has a lot say and no time to say it. He also has a higher profile than Vita. And of course Ms. Bartel is a must.

I want this to be good, but I also want it to get a media push and a sales bump. I think Ayala is great, but I don’t think they have the profile to give this book the amount of runway I’d like.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! I'm not particularly enthused by the choice of writer but...at this stage I'm still not interested in any of these "teasers" either way. When they release something concrete then and only then will I be interested in any of this "news".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!