Page 450 of 539 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 8071
  1. #6736
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and who said Storm couldn't sell well? Ahead of Spiderman, star wars, iron man and justice league???? Read if and weep!!!!

    I love it! I still gotta go get my copy

  2. #6737
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I love it! I still gotta go get my copy
    me too boo!!! i love it more because this will shut up all the HATERS and I mean all of them from talking like she can't move units.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #6738
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and who said Storm couldn't sell well? Ahead of Spiderman, star wars, iron man, immortal hulk and justice league???? Read if and weep!!!! I thought she works better as a team???????




    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blee...eptember-2020/
    I mean to be fair the issue want a solo affair. It was a team adventure. Storm wasnt alone at any point during it

  4. #6739
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean to be fair the issue want a solo affair. It was a team adventure. Storm wasnt alone at any point during it
    it was only her name on the book. it didn't say storm, fantomex, monet, etc. The title and covers only had storm on it. in fact many of the reviews after reading thw issue made the complaint that it wasnt enough storm. so I don't think your argument is truly a fair one. I think it would be more tru, your argument, for jean and emma giant size issue.

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #6740
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was only her name on the book. it didn't say storm, fantomex, monet, etc. The title and covers only had storm on it. in fact many of the reviews after reading thw issue made the complaint that it wasnt enough storm. so I don't think your argument is truly a fair one. I think it would be more tru, your argument, for jean and emma giant size issue.

    I guess thats part of my point. There wasnt enough of her bc it wasnt truly a Storm solo. The previews highlighted other characters and the lead in to this (Fantomex, alluded to that as well). It was a team book with the main plot centered around saving Storm

  6. #6741
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess thats part of my point. There wasnt enough of her bc it wasnt truly a Storm solo. The previews highlighted other characters and the lead in to this (Fantomex, alluded to that as well)

    Of course reading the book it wasnt solely storm but essentially that is what the book was marketed as a storm book. The cover and title reflected that and again for those who expected it to be more of a storm book because of those things this is what their complaint was upon reading the actual story: that it didn't focus more on storm. So when considering this it strikes down your point. Also, everyone doesn't see the previews or buy books based upon that. I'm pretty sure most purchased the issue off the character who was title character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #6742
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was only her name on the book. it didn't say storm, fantomex, monet, etc. The title and covers only had storm on it. in fact many of the reviews after reading thw issue made the complaint that it wasnt enough storm. so I don't think your argument is truly a fair one. I think it would be more tru, your argument, for jean and emma giant size issue.

    Yeah kys i gotta agree with Havok83 on this. These GS books have been pretty meh plus this wasn't solely a storm issue if anything she was just the highlight of the story especially when you take into account that she didn't really do her thing till towards the end of the book. This book alone isn't real indication that storm as a character can rack the units.

  8. #6743
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Yeah kys i gotta agree with Havok83 on this. These GS books have been pretty meh plus this wasn't solely a storm issue if anything she was just the highlight of the story especially when you take into account that she didn't really do her thing till towards the end of the book. This book alone isn't real indication that storm as a character can rack the units.
    thats fine to disagree but that is just like saying black panther isn't a solo book because it has an ensemble cast. the bottom of the line is that the title of the book wasnt xmen or storm and the xmen. it was called giant size: storm. the story featured her and centered around her. the fact that other characters appeared and that the story was meh doesn't take away from those primary facts.

    I guess my question is do characters exist in a bubble and is it expected that even in solos they shouldn't or wouldn't interact with other characters?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-20-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #6744
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thats fine to disagree but that is just like saying black panther isn't a solo book because it has an ensemble cast. the bottom of the line is that the title of the book wasnt xmen or storm and the xmen. it was called giant size: storm. the story featured her and centered around her. the fact that other characters appeared and that the story was meh doesn't take away from those primary facts.

    I guess my question is do characters exist in a bubble and is it expected that even in solos they shouldn't or wouldn't interact with other characters?
    It was actually Giant Size X-MEN: Storm



    Even on the logo, they deemphasized her name compared to the rest of the text

  10. #6745
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was actually Giant Size X-MEN: Storm



    Even on the logo, they deemphasized her name compared to the rest of the text
    and who is on the cover? who did the the story center around? because the xmen logo is much larger than her image right?

    and not to get into English 101 but the colon is used to separate two different ideas where the second explains the first. so if we want to really break it down all indications point to the story being about storm. I mean how are we even arguing this?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-20-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #6746
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thats fine to disagree but that is just like saying black panther isn't a solo book because it has an ensemble cast. the bottom of the line is that the title of the book wasnt xmen or storm and the xmen. it was called giant size: storm. the story featured her and centered around her. the fact that other characters appeared and that the story was meh doesn't take away from those primary facts.

    I guess my question is do characters exist in a bubble and is it expected that even in solos they shouldn't or wouldn't interact with other characters?
    in terms of BP is different because he's the main hero and the title on the book is Black Panther alone. In terms of this book it's an xmen title featuring storm not Ororro's hero title alone and another example is the Wolverine book, it's solely wolverine's name alone on the book and he's the main character of his own solo quest. It's no diss or anything my friend it's just pointing that this was a story storm was featured in but not the main title character and yeah storm is on the cover but that's no different than putting her or any other xmen character on the front page of the main xmen title

  12. #6747
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    in terms of BP is different because he's the main hero and the title on the book is Black Panther alone. In terms of this book it's an xmen title featuring storm not Ororro's hero title alone and another example is the Wolverine book, it's solely wolverine's name alone on the book and he's the main character of his own solo quest. It's no diss or anything my friend it's just pointing that this was a story storm was featured in but not the main title character and yeah storm is on the cover but that's no different than putting her or any other xmen character on the front page of the main xmen title
    I guess if that were the case, that they could put any character on the cover and it would do just as well, the other giant size issues would do just as well, correct? so going with this logic I would assume the nightcrawler book, the fantomex book and the magneto book did just as well? i don't take it as a diss I just see it differently so we are all good here beloved!!

    at any rate, i hope that this would demonstrate the potential that storm has to support a solo when this book that featured her face, name as well as storyline does better than some of the heavy hitters in both dc/marvel.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-20-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #6748
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    215

    Default

    It's really sad to see some of y'all in here trying to diminish Storm's light and her potential to sell. Her face and her name sold this book period so just stop acting like it didn't.

  14. #6749
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    It's really sad to see some of y'all in here trying to diminish Storm's light and her potential to sell. Her face and her name sold this book period so just stop acting like it didn't.

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #6750
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    It's really sad to see some of y'all in here trying to diminish Storm's light and her potential to sell. Her face and her name sold this book period so just stop acting like it didn't.
    Settle down bub, no one is diminishing storms anything. Yes storm was on the book so was her name but this was also an X-Men book, her light and potential will come down to a writer that decides to pick the character up as a "solo" act until then i suggest keeping ground level expectations. This little story she had was okay at best but it's noting to brag about storm or not, Don't take this personal. I feel some of yall get your hopes higher than a diabetics blood pressure, we're adults right, so you shouldn't be heated about criticism and there was nothing "sad" about what was said a while ago i'm sure you can handle a couple little gripes about one comic book. Let's not be bias here.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 09-20-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •