Page 432 of 613 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didn't I would be able to find the post as fast as I did but here you go:
    Many thanks!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadBadBeans View Post
    Many thanks!
    You're welcome. I also added to the OP of this thread if you ever need it again. (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering how often her "victory in 2 seconds" fight against Callisto is brought up regulary, i can't help but imagine Marrow going. "Oh sure. She stabs Callisto non-leathaly once and everyone remembers. But i get my heart torn out by her and nobody cares."

Don't get your hopes up too much. Her role could still end up just having a big speech, a single fight scene and otherwise just throwing lightning around.
    I mean if that big speech and a single fight scene is a pivotal moment I'm ok with that.

LOL..they made Storm even darker

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL..they made Storm even darker
    they were really shook by the backlash on black twitter. good!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I can't compliment Dauterman enough for making Storm's hair so beautiful and voluminous. It's a crime how small and flimsy other artists draw her ponytail. They should be taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thanks. I must've missed this pic. What book is it from?
    not 100% sure but its looking like its from the next issue of Marauders.

BANNED

the "this issue ties in more to whats more relevant to hickman"S plan" has been a constant from them, man storm hasnt been looked better in terms of skin tone, bullying does work.

Also a mauraders preview where kitty shares panel time with storm and doesnt even consume it visualy, bless you Ayala
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-10-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Ororo would never willingly defile himself with tattoos... Yet, here she is prasing Kitty for doing so. What's she going to do next -- pollute the land, oceans, and atmosphere with -- Abrin, Brevetoxin, Colchicine, Digitalis, Nicotine, Ricin, Saxitoxin, Strychnine, Tetrodotoxin, and Trichothecene?
    Wasn't there a scene when Storm had the Mohawk that she told Kitty she wasn't her mother and not to treat her like one?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Wasn't there a scene when Storm had the Mohawk that she told Kitty she wasn't her mother and not to treat her like one?
    Exactly, this was a reference to Kitty being judgmental as hell when Storm was going through personal and aesthetic changes, so now they can joke about it since Kitty is going through something similar. Also, why would Storm berate Kitty’s life choices when she just came back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    And love the reference to the Mohawk estrangement...
    I wonder if you answer Storm's question incorrectly, does she hit your ass with a lightning bolt to be recycled. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they were really shook by the backlash on black twitter. good!

I think it stemmed from a Twitter thread that had been floating around weeks ago, which pointed out animators lightening black characters, who was dark skinned years before. Such notable changes were Orange Blossom from Strawberry Short Cake, who went from dark brown with Afro puffs, to lighter brown with silky straight hair, Layla/Aisha and Flora from The Winx Club, the two black kids from Magic School Bus, and a few others. Ororo and Monet were the last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I think it stemmed from a Twitter thread that had been floating around weeks ago, which pointed out animators lightening black characters, who was dark skinned years before. Such notable changes were Orange Blossom from Strawberry Short Cake, who went from dark brown with Afro puffs, to lighter brown with silky straight hair, Layla/Aisha and Flora from The Winx Club, the two black kids from Magic School Bus, and a few others. Ororo and Monet were the last straw.
    I cant say I'm surprised by this but I'm so happy socual media exists where people can hold these companies/creators accountable for this stuff. I saw some of the others you mentioned too. you saw the developers had to change her on marvek future fight after the backlash due to her being whitewashed. I hope all this pressure keeps the marvel execs aware that another whitewashed storm aint gone cut it.

Astonishing Member

In one of the early issues of Marauders, Kitty said that there's a country in Africa that can't publicly accept Krakoan drugs without falling into civil war. Whether that country is Wakanda or not is hard to say but all the other non-treaty African nations, Kenya, Canaan, and Azania are "economic protectorates" of the kingdom and probably answer to T'Challa.

Now outside it being out of character for Wakanda to have what amounts to colonies, maybe that's what Storm came to address? Is there some sort of problem with mutants in East Africa, perhaps her homeland, that she's come to talk about with T'Challa and his family? This would also tie into what we know from X-Force.

In the first issue of that series it was said that non-treaty nations will get "monthly visits" from Krakoan emissaries about mutant affairs and accepting the drug deal. Kinda like how Magneto offered Hodari the chance to take the deal, maybe Storm is trying to get Wakanda to accept mutant drugs and make their protectorates do the same.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-12-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    In one of the early issues of Marauders, Kitty said that there's a country in Africa that can't publicly accept Krakoan drugs without falling into civil war. Whether that country is Wakanda or not is hard to say but all the other non-treaty African nations, Kenya, Canaan, and Azania are "economic protectorates" of the kingdom and probably answer to T'Challa.

Now outside it being out of character for Wakanda to have what amounts to colonies, maybe that's what Storm came to address? Is there some sort of problem with mutants in East Africa, perhaps her homeland, that she's come to talk about with T'Challa and his family? This would also tie into what we know from X-Force.

In the first issue of that series it was said that non-treaty nations will get "monthly visits" from Krakoan emissaries about mutant affairs and accepting the drug deal. Kinda like how Magneto offered Hodari the chance to take the deal, maybe Storm is trying to get Wakanda to accept mutant drugs and make their protectorates do the same.
    I wonder how those three countries in particular came to be in dealings with Wakanda? Seems odd they would need to do anything through wakanda honestly.

With this being a Sword of X event I doubt it will be a discussion relating to not wanting to accept krakoan drugs and something regarding the sword shown in the preview. But i wouldn't mind the things you mentioned being explored.