Page 86 of 613 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the fact he has a plan is pretty freaking awesome, I know its bare minimum still but man its nice to see ororo get focus like this
    indeed beloved and the plan part is so important because it's not only supposed to impact ororo but the direction of the franchise as well (if I'm not mistaken). it's such wonderful news.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Perfection! Loving Storm's full lips and broad nose as well by Dauterman. Storm needs to tell these other pretenders to get OFF the catwalk cause she's slaying more than Buffy!

baby yas maam!!! I'm getting my beautiful chocolate goddess in all her full glory. and yes she is slaying these hoes!!! I'm here for all the slayage that is soon to commence.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I really hope that Hickman (re)elevates Storm to the forefront of the X-verse where she rightfully belongs. I want nothing but the best for her!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Now, I'm not saying I think everything we see in the comics is going to make it to the MCU X-Men straight away(and I'm perfectly fine if Fantomex never gets a turn...), but I can see Feige being like, "what's Storm up to these days...", seeing what's been going on, and be like "uh un, where is my Claremontian goddess? Someone fix this while I work Storm into the BP2 script...".
    NO.

I highly DOUBT Feige had anything to do with this.

I would say folks like Vita, Leah and others who have FOUGHT to get books or something for others beside the usual suspects finally made their point.

It looks REALLY bad that a POC (not Nightcrawler) gets left off all these giant size books and be a franchise with black people issues (anyone seen Synch this month in X-Men?).

Now the question to ask is this a TEST to see if A Storm book using her NAME not someone else's title.

Send the message this June Storm fans..... Maybe Marvel might get it.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO.

I would say folks like Vita, Leah and others who have FOUGHT to get books or something for others beside the usual suspects finally made their point.

It looks REALLY bad that a POC (not Nightcrawler) gets left off all these giant size books and be a franchise with black people issues (anyone seen Synch this month in X-Men?).

Now the question to ask is this a TEST to see if A Storm book using her NAME not someone else's title.

I'm not saying that Feige is behind this sudden shift to a focus on Storm. I will say, however, that Feige is very clear about bringing diverse characters into the MCU. So much money is made in movies abroad that the international viewership is taken into consideration when Americans produce movies. Marvel movies are huge abroad. So, Feige has added diversity even where none originally existed, such as with the Eternals. Actually, I'm not a fan of changing the race or gender of a character. Of course, the problem is that Marvel and DC have a history of creating mainly white and male characters that, in this day and where diversity is a huge selling feature, those two giants are sorely missing out. So, they change the race, gender, sexuality of canon characters to make the MCU more diverse.

However, with a character like Storm, no switching is required. Better, she has a rich history and can appeal to many types of moviegoers and comic book readers. There has yet to be an AA superheroine with her own movie. Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel led the way, showing that people, especially women and girls, will flock to a movie with a well-developed female lead. Feige could've done it with Monica Rambeau in Captain Marvel but didn't. He could do it with Storm's character. The funny thing, perhaps ironic, is where Feige and Disney went with the Carol Danvers version of Captain America, the actress who played Monica Rambeau's mother in Captain America will now be the first AA and female James Bond.

Now is the perfect time to try a Storm movie/book solo. Phase 4 and phase 5 could lead the way for a Storm solo.

BANNED

A Giant Sized issue is exciting but I want more. We should be getting the rebirth of Claremont Storm.

hell yeah justice has been served
    Damnit, now I gotta clean my pants.

Nice
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Jonathan: Our last issue is a bookend by myself and Russell Dauterman. We’re doing Giant-Size X-Men: Storm. (Which pays off the first issue and also features more characters than just Storm).

It really sets up what we’re going to be doing with her for the next couple of years.

God is Good!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    God is Good!!!
    All the time.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

karma is a storm stan

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

NO.

After reading the interview...
    Storm getting the GSXM treatment has less to do with other POC creatives working at Marvel and much more to do with HiX-Man and Dauterman specifically, choosing her to tell this particular chapter of her story as it pertains to HiX-Man's Krakoan Opus.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

hell yeah justice has been served

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gfycat....-hq-reddit-gif

My body is not ready for this deliciousness!
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-17-2020 at 09:34 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I'm not saying that Feige is behind this sudden shift to a focus on Storm. I will say, however, that Feige is very clear about bringing diverse characters into the MCU. So much money is made in movies abroad that the international viewership is taken into consideration when Americans produce movies. Marvel movies are huge abroad. So, Feige has added diversity even where none originally existed, such as with the Eternals. Actually, I'm not a fan of changing the race or gender of a character. Of course, the problem is that Marvel and DC have a history of creating mainly white and male characters that, in this day and where diversity is a huge selling feature, those two giants are sorely missing out. So, they change the race, gender, sexuality of canon characters to make the MCU more diverse.

However, with a character like Storm, no switching is required. Better, she has a rich history and can appeal to many types of moviegoers and comic book readers. There has yet to be an AA superheroine with her own movie. Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel led the way, showing that people, especially women and girls, will flock to a movie with a well-developed female lead. Feige could've done it with Monica Rambeau in Captain Marvel but didn't. He could do it with Storm's character. The funny thing, perhaps ironic, is where Feige and Disney went with the Carol Danvers version of Captain America, the actress who played Monica Rambeau's mother in Captain America will now be the first AA and female James Bond.

Now is the perfect time to try a Storm movie/book solo. Phase 4 and phase 5 could lead the way for a Storm solo.
    Very honestly, an Ororo Before The Storm. Disney plus series just seems so logical. Either Cartoon or live action.

I feel an Adult Storm is hard footing to work. Tho I would die if she ever got a Solo Adult film.

So im looking forwards to the MCUXM. But rewatching all the MCU film's recently I just hope for a little more umph, with the darker theme.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 02-17-2020 at 10:46 PM.

NO.

storm already had a solo book and it tanked. so I dont see that changing unless marvel does more to invest in the character, which we have slowly been seeing.

let me reiterate some points I made before. I mentioned that coates may be putting storm and black panther back together since the merger was happening making it more likely storm would one day appear in bp. of course we later found out the merger did occur and now we are hearing rumors of her appearing in bp2.

secondly, I've been saying that I feel marvel is setting us up for something big with ororo. we've seen it with her having a more prevalent presence across the mu. first with black panther, then with fearless, and of course the news of her being in the new avengers title out in may. all that was really missing was her to have a bigger presence in the xbooks and here we are. nothing marvel does is by accident and I see this effort as a means to an eventual prevalent role in the mcu. I say all of this to say I wouldn't be surprised if feige has his hands in this that the xoffices invest more in their premier black female superheroine. we know the disney has been all about synergy and I dont see why that would be so far fetched here.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-18-2020 at 12:42 AM.

These Giant Sized books are essentially oneshots. The comic stores will order them months in advance. Even if we all go in droves to the store to pick it up when it is released, that will be long after the fact.

I don't think this is a 'test' of marketability.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!