Page 234 of 613 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 9190
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol
    oh I know shes a good actress that I dont think can be denied. I absolutely loved her in dorothy dandridge but also really liked her in roots, boomerang, the bond movie, etc. she is a very versatile actress.

I didnt see her in that movie is it good?
    She did do a good job as Dandridge. If you like John Wick movies, which my husband and I do, you'll like Berry in JW3. She actually broke one or two ribs making that moving, that's how hardcore they got on the set with their stunts. I loved her character in that movie. If you watch, let me know what you think.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    She did do a good job as Dandridge. If you like John Wick movies, which my husband and I do, you'll like Berry in JW3. She actually broke one or two ribs making that moving, that's how hardcore they got on the set with their stunts. I loved her character in that movie. If you watch, let me know what you think.
    omg really? she broke some ribs? I havent seen the first 2. do I need to see those before seeing the 3rd one? I will try to check it out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

omg really? she broke some ribs? I havent seen the first 2. do I need to see those before seeing the 3rd one? I will try to check it out.
    Yes, watch them in order. One flows right into the other. Berry is only in #3, though. If you like high body count movies then John Wick is your man.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, watch them in order. One flows right into the other. Berry is only in #3, though. If you like high body count movies then John Wick is your man.
    awesome thank you for the info. I'm going to have to see how I can watch these but when I do I will let you know what I think. and I do like those types of movies lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yo I dont like lobdell's writing of storm. I will admit this. he allegedly didnt like storm but there some cute storm moments in xmen issue 60-61. here are just a few:

fast enough to dodge cyclops blast

creates flash flood to take out cyclops possessed by csndra:

created a blizzarcane:

her ability to solve the mystery within this issue was also nice to read.
    What happened to the girl who created Jamil?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    What happened to the girl who created Jamil?
    Storm says we take her home. But Storm doesn’t specify where is “Home”. I thought Storm took Karima back to Cairo.

lololol
    oh I know shes a good actress that I dont think can be denied. I absolutely loved her in dorothy dandridge but also really liked her in roots, boomerang, the bond movie, etc. she is a very versatile actress.
    From my recollection of casting, once Angela Bassett was deemed “too old” for the role once Bryan Singer finally got X1 off the ground, production wanted a “known” actress for the Storm role. The last 2 names that came up for the role were Stacey Dash (who was firmly straight-to-video fare post-“Clueless”) and Halle Berry who was coming off acclaim for acting and producing “Introducing Dorothy Dandrige” and scooping Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson among others getting the biopic onscreen.

That being said, Berry is an actress with a particular range. She’s great in some things (“John Wick 3”, “Monsters Ball”, “Swordfish” etc). The role of Storm in the FOX movies almost never played to her strengths and she was never served by The Director nor visual stylists in the series. There are aspects of Ororo that She could play the hell out of but that wasn’t the story the movies were interested in telling.
    B44F2B78-FD98-4615-A247-575A57D0CD78.jpg

20 years since the movie dropped. time flies.
    Burn it with acid.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Burn it with acid.
    i can't bring myself to rewatch the X-Movies on Disney plus. I'm sure there are ppl who love them but they just make me cringe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Pretty much.
    As superhero movies go they did not age well...at all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah, I have to agree. I can't watch those films without cringing at all the Jean/Logan moments, and that's coming from somebody who typically ships them.

It's like, how did Fox get handed the X-Men lore and come up with that ****? Like, did you even look at anything? (No, no they did not.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

CDF05A94-582E-4A54-B354-5E1DE9A3893F.jpg

Facebook decided to give us Bitmogis.

LOVE a power suit

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Storm as she appeared in The Avengers #1 (July, 2006). Art by Manuel Garcia.