Page 7 of 613 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Storm follows Krakoa's law. She probably hasn't killed that dude, she just left him one-eyed.

I really want storm to reclaim the Kenyan throne. With krakoa Gates and her flying she should be able to do it all. Just my thought of the day. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Way to once again illustrate to Marvel-U humanity that mutants are poised to dominate them as ruler-gods in lieu (or in preparation) of an eventual human genocide. And from Ororo to boot. Ugh. But she did say "man" in X-Men Dox #1 with such disdainful misanthropy that such an abrupt action as seizing control of her (human) mother's birth country turns out to be believable. But what does a mutant care what humans think, even one like T'Challa whose kingdom exerts economic protection over Kenya in-universe?

Some say that Xavier's "I still love humans" speech in X-Men Dox #4 is a repudiation of the perceived mutant counter-hate towards their human would-be exterminators. But if what you propose takes place then it would be like what I'm reminded of, in an article from old "TREK" magazine that mentions TOS season 2 episode 2 "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Where Michael Forest's character Apollo professes repeatedly how much he loves humanity for as long as they worship him. From that statement the "love" he offers can be construed to the love one shows a pet or a favorite toy, meaning they're a lesser being or a non-sapient entity. But that's awesome for Dox fans, eh?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Way to once again illustrate to Marvel-U humanity that mutants are poised to dominate them as ruler-gods in lieu (or in preparation) of an eventual human genocide. And from Ororo to boot. Ugh. But she did say "man" in X-Men Dox #1 with such disdainful misanthropy that such an abrupt action as seizing control of her (human) mother's birth country turns out to be believable. But what does a mutant care what humans think, even one like T'Challa whose kingdom exerts economic protection over Kenya in-universe?

Some say that Xavier's "I still love humans" speech in X-Men Dox #4 is a repudiation of the perceived mutant counter-hate towards their human would-be exterminators. But if what you propose takes place then it would be like what I'm reminded of, in an article from old "TREK" magazine that mentions TOS season 2 episode 2 "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Where Michael Forest's character Apollo professes repeatedly how much he loves humanity for as long as they worship him. From that statement the "love" he offers can be construed to the love one shows a pet or a favorite toy, meaning they're a lesser being or a non-sapient entity. But that's awesome for Dox fans, eh?
    The humans were literally paying mercenaries to hunt and kill mutants but sure the mutants are the ones being the oppressors...

But you're right the mutants should constantly open their arms to embrace humanity no matter how many times they get stabbed in the gut since it's always the oppressed that have to do the bulk of the work.

I reacted to the preceding post about the proposal that Ororo using Krakoan resources set herself up as ruler of Kenya. It probably was just said in jest, but damn if the Dox status quo has left me with a micrometer-thin hair-trigger berserk button.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

All-New Member

Weather Which
    Sorry, my uploader was acting funny.
    I was inspired by these looks for some fanart.

https://ibb.co/nzP0Fxs
    https://ibb.co/d5SbJ3L
    https://ibb.co/xMMr1dS
    https://ibb.co/Qm5HvyZ
    https://ibb.co/3mxrrPv
    https://ibb.co/j3CHRLY

Anyway here is my MCU Storm concept art!
    https://ibb.co/gWGDnyp
    https://ibb.co/G3GCmTK
    Last edited by jmichael06; 01-02-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

"I know you have been busy, beloved, but I am pleased you were able to spend a few days with me in Wakanda. So, how has your week been?"

"Busy, as you said. In fact, I am exhausted." Ororo shrugged, knowing T'Challa would keep her up late tonight, in the most delicious way, and she wouldn't mind.

"You are beautiful."

"The dark marks under my eyes would disagree. Oh, speaking of eyes, I used your birthday gift the other day."

T'Challa frowned, and Ororo smiled, enjoying the few times she could stump a man of his genius.

"If you did not go overboard with your gift giving, you would know to which gift I am referring."

Leaning back in his chair, he crossed arms over his chest, pulling his dashiki taut across his muscular frame.

"The knife. I used the knife you gave me on a fool who thought to steal Krakoan children."

"What does that have to do with eyes?" The moment T'Challa posed the question, his own eyes squinted with realization. "Are you saying you stabbed someone in the eye with your birthday present?"

"Precisely. He and the other men wore power dampening suits, so they thought that made Lucas and me easy prey."

"They were wrong, of course."

"Of course."

Sliding his dinner plate to the side, T'Challa placed his elbows on the table and froze Ororo with a knowing smile. "Beloved, you are a goddess. Those power dampening suits would have had no effect. So, tell me again why you used your vibranium blade on, yes, the fool who thought he could best you?"

An image of the mutant children on the boat--afraid and caged like animals--flashed in Ororo's mind. Mutants weren't inferior to anyone, and she was so tired of them being treated as such. But she was too fatigued to have that conversation with T'Challa, so Ororo simply said, "I felt like fighting old school."

"Old school, hmm?" T'Challa's gaze lowered to the knife in Ororo's hand cutting her spicy chicken. "I know I gifted you with the knife, but it never occurred to me you would use it to blind someone. Should I be worried?"

Ororo grinned. "If I intended on using my blade on you, beloved, I would have done so when you told me about Nakia."

T'Challa's frown returned.

Ororo shrugged again. "That could change, though, if you have more confessions to make."
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 01-02-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Okay, mood's back on an even keel. You write dialogue spectacularly, Guilty Pleasure.

My jaw dropped when Storm stabbed the guy in the eye. The last time I had that reaction with her was when she ripped Marrow's heart out

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Okay, mood's back on an even keel. You write dialogue spectacularly, Guilty Pleasure.
    Thank you. It was fun to play around with the characters, although the post turned out much longer than intended.

Any Storm fans on instagram?
    The @planetxmen account recently did a reading guide for Storm, what did y'all think of that? It's right on their homepage!

She wouldn't need to seize anything. The crown rightfully belongs to Ororo and her uncle as seen in comics has been forcing her family to basically act as though she doesn't exist or he would kill her/them. I don't know where you get the rest of that stuff from. I literally just meant i would like to see Storm on her rightful throne.

A thread on the main marvel side a few days ago made me think of this. My DC/MArvel team.

justmen.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

That's actually a thing in Marvel's history? That there was a royal house ruling the territory of Kenya and Ororo is part of that family? All I read from the family encyclopedia set (1980s edition, but more "trustworthy" than a wiki walk) was that there were sultanates in the area before British Kenya. So Ororo has Muslim ancestry?

That's actually a thing in Marvel's history? That there was a royal house ruling the territory of Kenya and Ororo is part of that family? All I read from the family encyclopedia set (1980s edition, but more "trustworthy" than a wiki walk) was that there were sultanates in the area before British Kenya. So Ororo has Muslim ancestry?
    Yes it was mentioned around the time hudlin was running the books. Her uncle was leading the village as it's elder but it is canon her mother is a kenyan Princess and that her uncle has been threatening those that remain of the family and thats why they have not reached out to Ororo. Storm is kenyan royalty by birth.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    "I know you have been busy, beloved, but I am pleased you were able to spend a few days with me in Wakanda. So, how has your week been?"

"Busy, as you said. In fact, I am exhausted." Ororo shrugged, knowing T'Challa would keep her up late tonight, in the most delicious way, and she wouldn't mind.

"You are beautiful."

"The dark marks under my eyes would disagree. Oh, speaking of eyes, I used your birthday gift the other day."

T'Challa frowned, and Ororo smiled, enjoying the few times she could stump a man of his genius.

"If you did not go overboard with your gift giving, you would know to which gift I am referring."

Leaning back in his chair, he crossed arms over his chest, pulling his dashiki taut across his muscular frame.

"The knife. I used the knife you gave me on a fool who thought to steal Krakoan children."

"What does that have to do with eyes?" The moment T'Challa posed the question, his own eyes squinted with realization. "Are you saying you stabbed someone in the eye with your birthday present?"

"Precisely. He and the other men wore power dampening suits, so they thought that made Lucas and me easy prey."

"They were wrong, of course."

"Of course."

Sliding his dinner plate to the side, T'Challa placed his elbows on the table and froze Ororo with a knowing smile. "Beloved, you are a goddess. Those power dampening suits would have had no effect. So, tell me again why you used your vibranium blade on, yes, the fool who thought he could best you?"

An image of the mutant children on the boat--afraid and caged like animals--flashed in Ororo's mind. Mutants weren't inferior to anyone, and she was so tired of them being treated as such. But she was too fatigued to have that conversation with T'Challa, so Ororo simply said, "I felt like fighting old school."

"Old school, hmm?" T'Challa's gaze lowered to the knife in Ororo's hand cutting her spicy chicken. "I know I gifted you with the knife, but it never occurred to me you would use it to blind someone. Should I be worried?"

Ororo grinned. "If I intended on using my blade on you, beloved, I would have done so when you told me about Nakia."

T'Challa's frown returned.

Ororo shrugged again. "That could change, though, if you have more confessions to make."
    I love it!!